• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Urobutchi is credited with planning. Make of that what you will.

When was the last time Urobuchi fully wrote something? Like, wrote the entire thing, not just the first three episodes like with Aldonoah Zero and then left the rest to others.

Madoka Rebellion? That Expelled from Paradise movie?

Vito

Banned
Nanoha Vivid CM3 http://a.pomf.se/yqjnoa.mp4

key.jpg

duckroll

Urobuchi also wrote Gargantia. I think that was even his last real TV effort.

He wrote two episodes, the first and last. I mean yeah the story outline is his, but that's part of the point of this discussion about how he's been doing more of that sort of thing rather than writing an entire series like he did with Madoka. Who can blame him though. Get paid for less work and get your fellow Nitroplus writers paid too? Sounds like a good deal.

e_i

I guess my offering to the anime gods was accepted, seeing as we got two motherfucking brilliant episodes in one week (Your Lie In April and Shirobako).

Now I'm going to watch Shirobako episode 23's ending scene over and over again.

cajunator

Banned
Top 5 anime of 2015. Lock it in.

Without doubt!

I still think that Hyouka will get picked up at some point. Likely by someone like Sentai or NISA. Hell, Sentai just picked up Windy Tales yesterday, which I never thought would be licensed by anyone! Stranger things have happened.

On another note, AnimEigo, who some of you may remember from their recent release of Bubblegum Crisis on BD, have a survey up! They're wondering whether to pursue BD releases or stick to DVD. Naturally I expect all of you to answer BD, otherwise I'll be very disappointed. They also have room for comments, so let them know that you want them to bring over Beautiful Dreamer and other Urusei Yatsura stuff. Oh, and Otaku no Video on BD would be nice too, though I have a feeling that might be on the way soon.

BD or bust.
If Hyouka does get licensed I hope its NISA because of the artwork.
Would love an artbook!

I must admit, I'm not quite as relaxed as Cajun. With a limited amount of time to watch a limited amount of shows I really can't recommend or endorse people wasting their on bland boring anime.

Im pretty chill most of the time, but I have been into anime for so long, I have sampled or watched pretty much everything in the past that I care to see so I am in a position to either watch new stuff or find some enjoyment in watching bad shows. I dont have a massive past backlog to catch up with.

Shirobako 23

Director is the best. Funny Story guy getting his due felt so good.

AUi7dnu.gif

"I just got one step closer to my dream!" ... ;______;

Fantastic episode. Its going to be difficult to top this show as AOTY 2015.

I love her emotions. Aoi really feels like a real character. Shirobako is so good.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa directed by Yasutaka Yamamoto at TMS Ent. Series comp. by Kenichi Yamashita, character design Hirotaka Marufuji. http://jitsuwata.tv/

Yōko Shiragami : Yū Serizawa
Nagisa Aizawa : Inori Minase
Mikan Akemi : Reina Ueda
Shiho Shishido : Aya Uchida
Akane Kōmoto : M・A・O
Akari Kōmoto : Emi Nitta

Those character designs...

Fuck everything. This series has some of the best facial expressions in the entierety of the medium, and we're given this bullshit :(

Shirobako 23:
What an episode. They completely nailed it on every level, from the triumphs to the comedy to every emotional beat possible.
Kinoshita marching up to meet with Nogame was a thing of beauty. I loved seeing how that all came together, especially with everyone pitching in to help. And the actual meeting was wonderful, with the two of them managing to work things out based on their own personal experiences, and Nogame finally shuts Chazawa down personally. Even Hiraoka helped out a little bit by providing the perspective that explained why Nogame was so protective of his work. And then the end with Zuka finally getting her break was very nice. Yeah, a lot of people saw it coming, but it was still an emotional moment, and it was all down to her own effort and the way she had handled her last audition. I'm willing to bet a lot of the viewers were tearing up just as much as Aoi. I also loved how it was Honda who came back and gave Kinoshita the advice that helped him along to his meeting with Nogame. They have such a great relationship.

This has been such a special show all the way up until now. I'm not ready for it to end next week, and I really hope that a second season comes along.

Death Parade 11

And now the ED makes perfect sense.

Light Yagami doesn't look too bummed about being dead. Dude's probably thinking of a way to screw over this realm's shinigami.

There's like no consistency in the judgement made over where someone is sent.
There's absolutely no reason Harada would be sent to the void based on everything we've seen, nor was there any indication souls could be brought back from the void. Way to introduce something super important in the second to last episode.

Unlimited fafnir - 11

So that twist happenend.It's not a bad twist , but i expected something else, so i'm glad i was wrong.

Funny how the 2 most OP characters of the whole show were enough to deflect the most horrible evil beam ever made in anime.

I've just realised that they explained the basis of the plan TWICE yet it's so much asspull that i still don't understand it.

FluxWaveZ

There's like no consistency in the judgement made over where someone is sent.
There's absolutely no reason Harada would be sent to the void based on everything we've seen, nor was there any indication souls could be brought back from the void. Way to introduce something super important in the second to last episode.

Was the arbiter not just lying?
When his soul "came back", they had essentially reached the Void anyways. It kinda seemed like he just tricked her.

I also wouldn't really say there's no consistency to the judging. Decim screws up sometimes because he couldn't discern the intricacies of human emotion (until recently), but the other arbiter seems like he'll take any reason to throw someone into the Void because he hates humans. It probably revolves a lot around an arbiter's subjectivity (even though it's not supposed to), which is part of the impetus for the revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom