• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I should rewatch the OVA's since I remember not liking the look (not animation and direction wise) character designs or voice actors but when I see screenshots it looks pretty good. Maybe it's just certain scenes that stick out in my mind, although I know the VA choice for the TV series is superior.

Tuck

Death parade - 11
Mixed feelings. The scene with her skating was absolutely beautiful. Especially when the dolls started playing music and clapping. Her back story was well done.

But I'm so confused about a bunch of other things.
-Why did she come to Decim's bar alone the first time?

-Why was the singer sent to the void? And why was his fan allowed to stay for so long? At the end there, his soul was brought back... only for them to be both sent to the void?

-If Harada's soul could be brought back, why wasn't the wife's from the first episode? We basically know she didn't deserve to be sent to the void.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, the fan girl was basically tricked. But that leads to the questions 1, why was Harada sent to the void? And when? And 2, why was she not already sent to be reincarnated? She past his test, why did she need to have another?

Narag

I feel like I should rewatch the OVA's since I remember not liking the look (not animation and direction wise) character designs or voice actors but when I see screenshots it looks pretty good. Maybe it's just certain scenes that stick out in my mind, although I know the VA choice for the TV series is superior.

There's some QUALITY now and then, yes.

q7lutDVl.png

jman2050

Shirobako 23

This episode could have only been better if Zuka had moved on from her dream.

There's a very obvious parallel at work now and I'm pretty sure it was intentional.
You have the question of whether Aria will fly again (or I guess it's more that Nogame himself doesn't yet know how he'll resolve her inner turmoil) which mirrors the question of whether Zuka will continue progressing toward her dream of becoming a VA. Kantoku and Nogame have a brief discussion on their views of the story, but change some names around and you can easily imagine the exact same conversation happening regarding how Zuka's story will resolve. We even have some clever storytelling at work at the end since Lucy ends up being the salvation to Aria and Zuka both at the same time.

It doesn't feel cheap either. After all, it's not like Zuka is suddenly an A-list VA or Kantoku just randomly plucked her off the street with no foreknowledge and told her to record some lines. She was recognized for her audition despite not getting the part and her effort ultimately paid off when they needed someone to voice a character that required a similar style of performance. And at the same time despite everything it's just a small bit part that the studio needed at the last minute. It isn't the end of Shizuka's story, it's just an affirmation that it will continue. A stepping stone, if you will.

Crocodile

Shirobako 23

Sweet, sweet catharsis <3

Only one episode left :(

Death Parade 11

Is that the end for the humans under Ginti's care? It feels like there should be more to that plot point. Maybe we'll see it next week. The stuff with Chiyuki, especially the ice-skating scene, was some powerful stuff.

Only one episode left :(

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders 35

I felt this episode sold the intensity well (art and music) but some aspects of the production left something to be desired. Overall I liked it but I still felt it could have been done better. I guess I should check out the OVA version of this.

Smoking censorship was really fucking annoying

jbug617

Banned
Aniplex series for the Spring being simulcast include Gunslinger Stratos, Nisekoi:, F/SN UBW part 2, and Plastic Memories.

I'm also pretty certain that CR will get all the shows it already has - SNAFU, Kinmosa, Grisaia - while Funi picks up DxD BorN.

That still leaves plenty of series open for the picking, but we know nearly all of them are going to go somebody.

Crunchyroll is also showing the Aniplex shows
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...oll-adds-aniplex-usas-spring-simulcast-lineup

ibyea

Banned
Shirobako 23
What a great episode. It was definitely the most over the top episode yet, but man was
was seeing Kinoshita march to Nogame's office funny. Then they have a great discussion about the way they saw the story, and furthermore I liked the parallels between the story they are animating and the struggles of the characters in real life. Furthermore the author fires asshole editor, man that was cathartic. And like the way many posters predicted, a new character did indeed come out of that and Shizuka got the casting for it. Bad depressing end for her has been averted. The final scene where she voice acts and Miyamori's reaction, seeing the dreams of all her friends she made promise with fulfilled, was a great end to the episode.

The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 10

I don't like these idols, can we go back to the Russian and Chuuni one?

Probably the first time I've ever seen someone get an injury from walking around in heeled boots for too long in an anime.

highschool dxd New - 13 ( oav )

"Your underwear is the base of my magic !"

^^ trully this anime is from some sacred realm where only to love ru darkness can reach.

Ps: an Oav one should watch with headphones not with speakers.

duckroll

Gangsta actually looks like it could be really good. Hopefully Manglobe actually has the time and resources budgeted to make the show properly.... ............... ;_;

Vito

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa directed by Yasutaka Yamamoto at TMS Ent. Series comp. by Kenichi Yamashita, character design Hirotaka Marufuji. http://jitsuwata.tv/

Y&#333;ko Shiragami : Y&#363; Serizawa
Nagisa Aizawa : Inori Minase
Mikan Akemi : Reina Ueda
Shiho Shishido : Aya Uchida
Akane K&#333;moto : M&#12539;A&#12539;O
Akari K&#333;moto : Emi Nitta

John Blade

series_15849.jpg

Wow...where can I start with this ova which is basically 56 min long. If I compare this with it's sequel Kite, it's very different except they have the same style of main character which is both assign to kill people. Other than that, it's a very different OVA.

This kinda feel weird as the story is all over the place. The main plot you start with is this space food and radiation mutates astronauts plot but it also have the sub- plot from the 1st movie which is basically killing people who rape young girl. The story is mix match so many thing in here that you feel like the director don't know if they want to make a sci-fi show or a crime drama with over the top fighting scene and a mix of emotional show. I guess if they try to follow the 1st OVA, this sequel might be okay but what I see, it's feel very odd and rush.

For character development, they isn't really much to say on both main and the supporting side. Very bland to say the least. They did try to develop a bit of the main character you're following but most of it just the simple and typical stuff like a flash back of the main character past with her father for example. Unfortunately, with the limited development, you don't feel too attach to them and it doesn't really help when they try to push the emotional scene with the main character and her father which is now become a monster.

The only thing good from this OVA is the action element in the fighting scene. With what they show, they did it well and it's nice to the fight scene happened as you watch.

Overall, this OVA is kinda in a weird place. It's weird story with sci-fi mix is very odd as the original sequel is more in dark and tragic in the story line. The only good thing from the show is the fighting scene which is still good to watch and entertained. Unless, you're fans or if you just want to watch an animated that have cool fight scene, I won't recommend this show at all. For people who want to see Yasuomi Umezu work, then stick with Mezzo or Kite as this is one of his better work from what I see. Just don't watch the sequel for both of them as they're not as good as you hope for.

Baalzebup

highschool dxd New - 13 ( oav )

"Your underwear is the base of my magic !"

^^ trully this anime is from some sacred realm where only to love ru darkness can reach.

Ps: an Oav one should watch with headphones not with speakers.

Hahah, this reminds me I haven't watched anything properly lewd in a long time. Might as well check out this one.

I wish they made a second season of Hagure Yuusha. Akitsuki knew whats up.

Overall looks attractive and the action stylish. The music is kind of unfitting though, at least in the context of the trailer. Wish they went for something more jazz than dubstep.

Gangsta actually looks like it could be really good. Hopefully Manglobe actually has the time and resources budgeted to make the show properly.... ............... ;_;

The fact that they have this much footage this far out from the show is a good sign.

duckroll

Two things strike me:

1.That sky being pink or whatever isn't working for me.
2.The background art looks kinda cheap compared to Kekkai Sensen.

Yeah the backgrounds look very cheap in a digital way. Reminds me a bit of PA Works stuff which have that same look. Hmmm... maybe Ando's been working with them too much, lol!

Two things strike me:

2.The background art looks kinda cheap compared to Kekkai Sensen.

Almost anything would look drab next to the work of the master Shinji Kimura, but it's true that the backgrounds here look particularly bland. I mean:

There's just no proper texture or shading or detail to this building, and it looks rather washed-out too. No props to the art director on this show!

Yeah the backgrounds look very cheap in a digital way. Reminds me a bit of PA Works stuff which have that same look. Hmmm... maybe Ando's been working with them too much, lol!

Actually reminds me of Ouran, which had a similar bland digital look to the backgrounds and composite. PA Works shows usually look better!

Assassination classroom - 10

Ritsu was added to the opening , that's good.

Oh and sonic ninja ...
i can't unsee all this forshadowing .

An alright episode , even if not has happenned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom