• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst PV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK-bZb8Xz1Q and key visual:

tumblr_nls2uhF7Ah1sqqtwzo1_r1_1280.jpg

It's mostly static and MoCa has the shots: http://moca-news.net/article/20150326/2015032602180a_/01/

/XX/

Coinciding with the occasion of the 5th anniversary of the original airing for the final episode from So・Ra・No・Wo・To I've been doing a re-watch of the whole series, at Crunchyroll, so because of this I was wondering... does anyone know of a specific reason they could have mentioned for the worse picture quality in the special episode titled 'The Horizon of Dreams' they host?

I mean, for the 'on-air' materials they have from the main series at least the picture quality is very sufficient in comparison. Why exactly this difference?

rrvv

I said Bismarck to bait you but left out Prinz and U-511 as to not make it obvious. ;)

You fell for my trap! Oh and it'll be RO-500 not U-511.

TBH probably only Bismark that have chance to be in S2. maybe with Z1 & Z3 random appearance.

I hope they focused on existing character instead randomly put another one.

Oh boy another wave of people complaining that Bismack, or Amatsukaze or Tatsuta, or Maya or I-19 or etc didn't get in.
Time to get them in , so we can complain about something else.

Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst PV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK-bZb8Xz1Q and key visual:

It's mostly static and MoCa has the shots: http://moca-news.net/article/20150326/2015032602180a_/01/

It seems the reception of the anime was incredible..anyway , more testament in anime and even an oav it seems .

i'm ok with it.

Parasyte 24
Interesting conclusion with a considerably different tone than the rest of the series. No feeling of danger coming from around the corner.
Humanity just goes on with the parasites becoming absorbed into the society. Even Migi basically goes away. having the crazy convinct as the final villain makes for some good juxtaposition
I'd say a pretty solid ending all things considered

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fate/Stay Night UBW 07

I really want to like this show because of the awesome fight scenes, but then I have to sit through the writing.

More shit happens as you go, but its not like its getting better.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Flower of Evil with 3-D models look horrendous to me, never watched the show but the manga was really good. Slightly disturbing but good.

javac

Flower of Evil with 3-D models look horrendous to me, never watched the show but the manga was really good. Slightly disturbing but good.

I haven't read the manga, but I loved the show and the designs. Probably one of my favorite times watching a show was spent with Flowers of Evil. I loved the rotoscoped visuals, but I see a lot of negativity towards them. That's fine, I'm just glad that I loved them, because otherwise I would have missed out on an amazing show :)

That's because they aren't normal brother and sisters.
They are related ( they really are brother and sister ) but that familly got a shit-ton of secrets it's unreal. We are also missing a fair bit of tatsuya POV , so it's not clear yet ..but you should have more info and a clearer picture the more you watch. After you've finished or before that , if you're still confused , i can tell you about the things that you've missed or that bother you because i'm pretty sure i've got an answer for that.

We'll get those answers in S2.

Midonin

Testament 12

You could've phrased that a little more romantically, Basara. At least you do know when to stop. Right now, there are other, bigger issues. With S2 on the way, can't really call these thoughts final, but from what I saw, it's alright. The Dragon Quest mold of heroes and demons is one that's been with anime for some time, this being one of the lewder variants. The action's not too bad, I like the girls, with Maria getting more sympathetic in her mischief as the season went on, and it's setting up some sort of myth arc that could have payoff, or at least continue, next season. Overall, it was entertaining, and that's what I was looking for.

Tenumi

Banned
Nisekoi: 04

Seriously, man? I'm about as oblivious to love as they come and I would have easily been able to see that Onodera really, really likes you.

Ah, anime...

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I haven't read the manga, but I loved the show and the designs. Probably one of my favorite times watching a show was spent with Flowers of Evil. I loved the rotoscoped visuals, but I see a lot of negativity towards them. That's fine, I'm just glad that I loved them, because otherwise I would have missed out on an amazing show :)

Read the manga, I never saw the show and probably won't because of how much of a rollercoaster the entire series was ;_;

Not trying to insult taste or anything but 3D models on shows never do it for me, especially when the entire show is done in 3D modeling.

Cornbread78

If all else fails just YouTube to mp3 it.

can't you get the song on MP3*/MP4 with a youtube converter ? It won't be 320kbs but this should be fine if you plan to use in on a mobile device.

Ouch, I'll have to try and figure it out, that is waaay over my head, lol.

Aren't you just asking for a way to obtain a liscensed song for free?

not really, it's not on Google play that I can find, and I do not use iTunes, so I'm still trying to find a way to get it on my phone and not need an internet connection to play. i.e. I'm willing to pay money...

TUSR

Banned
I wrote a review on MAL one time for Patema Inverted.

Then a mod deleted it and gave me a warning.

Apparently you can't call movies shit, but you can review half broadcast shows.

LegatoB

Coinciding with the occasion of the 5th anniversary of the original airing for the final episode from So・Ra・No・Wo・To I've been doing a re-watch of the whole series, at Crunchyroll, so because of this I was wondering... does anyone know of a specific reason they could have mentioned for the worse picture quality in the special episode titled 'The Horizon of Dreams' they host?

I mean, for the 'on-air' materials they have from the main series at least the picture quality is very sufficient in comparison. Why exactly this difference?
I'm not familiar with the show in question, but, was that episode originally a home video exclusive one? On the occasions that CR gets the rights to stream those (fairly rare), they often seem to be given DVD-quality assets. The DRRR!! home video episodes are the same way, for example. The exact reason I don't know, probably something to do with the complex web of rights-holders and distribution agreements.

Jex

I don't know why this "recommendation" stuff is such a big deal, especially with consensus driven environment in here.. from what I seeing the "correct way" of recommendation is more what people here (especially known poster) agreed upon as "good" instead adjusting to that said person. Please spare me these all sincere bullshit.
I don't think there's that much consensus in here about many titles, actually. Nor do I think there are that many "well known" posters, what with the influx of new posters this thread gets on a semi-regular basis.
Yup, as opposed to recommending Flower of Evil to random poster that just saying he enjoying Attack on Titan..

I dunno if I have ever seen anyone do that.

But I do know that I've seen people recommending a lot of shitty (sometimes remarkably, other times not so much) anime. That's dumb. There's plenty of places to go for bad recommendations.

Parasyte - 24 [End]

I would've been satisfied if they just kept going when
he sees the crazy dude
and end it on a 100% calm and reflective episode as a whole. In my opinion that part felt rather shoehorned for something dramatic, which I don't think it really needed.
Migi going "away" with a watchful eye
, I think was a good way to end it.

The show has been enjoyable to me throughout, it has certainly had some hiccups, but overall I am pleased with it.

Jex

A change of pace, but I wonder if Sentai will release the third 'Patlabor' film on Blu-ray. I actually really liked it when I watched it way back when. Best film ever made? No. Is it even really a Patlabor film? Not really. I recall that its based on a chapter from the Manga, so technically its canon but it's pretty much a horror in the Patlabor world, and I really liked it. Its a lot more artsy and slow, but it worked really well with the tone it was going for.

Are you saying that a Paltabor movie is slower and more 'artsy' than two movies directed by Mamoru Oshii?

I can't even begin to comprehend what this could mean. There are few, if any, mainstream anime directors who create more languid and rich films then Oshii.

What am I getting myself into?

Fun.

Here's some other impressions from Season 1's OT and one from the AOTY thread.

This is the best Gundam show since Unicorn. Setting Unicorn aside this is the best Gundam show since SEED.

It's like the long night of shit that Destiny started is finally coming to an end.

It's fun.

So good. Too good. I want moar ;_;

Narag said:
My second favorite entry into the franchise behind Turn A Gundam, it eschews the usual bad politics typical of the franchise by turning the robot battles into a global sports competition, the show instead embracing a fun optimistic tone that it sees through successfully until the end. It’s not to say it’s entirely divorced from the franchise’s roots as beyond the beautiful robot fights and machine cameos, the typical rivalry exists along with pseudo-cyber newtypes and the spirit of Gunpla himself, Ral. Its consistency is impressive as even the worst episode of the show could be called good and it ends in such a satisfying manner that demonstrates how serious(ly fun) Gunpla has become.

Don't let Jeff fool you.

phaze

I watched one episode of GBF and it wasn't good.

Seriously, man? I'm about as oblivious to love as they come and I would have easily been able to see that Onodera really, really likes you.

Ah, anime...

It's not like Raku is alone in this. Every character wears his heart on the sleeve but outside of Ruri and Shuu no one notices. But yeah get used to obliviousness or abort.

Say what you will about Nise but it probably has more plot advancement per episode than Nozaki-kun. <shots fired>

Parasyte 24

I'm gullible as hell because I totally bought
whatshername demise was for real
. Outside of the preachy parts and of characters getting hit by a stupid stick, it was a fairly good finish to the story. Outside of the first 3 episodes and of the Tamura Reiko arc later, Parasyte never managed to elevate itself to something really good but it also never dipped below passable for long. An okayish show. Though after all the hype I read before it aired, I was expecting something substantially better.

Though if I had to recommend one Gundam show before going into GBF S1, go with G Gundam, as it and GBF have a couple of things in common.

It's also the best Gundam show ever made, too.

Jex

Ah, anime...

I'm sure that will all get resolved somewhere about episode 540, because you're watching an endless rom-com that doesn't even have the decency to include wacky aliens, like Urusei Yatsura.
New Discotek announcements
Discotek really are the best.

javac

Are you saying that a Paltabor movie is slower and more 'artsy' than two movies directed by Mamoru Oshii?

I can't even begin to comprehend what this could mean. There are few, if any, mainstream anime directors who create more languid and rich films then Oshii.

Why you got to pick me apart like that man T_T

Paryste 24

It's interesting in how the manga and anime are so close... but also kind of far away.

I was complaining in this last episode.
As a epilogue it feels too long, Migi disappearing feels too convenient, the serial killer appearing in the last moment and going specifically for them feels too unreal, I guessed how she would be saved, etc.

Then I checked the manga and script-wise, it all happens the same. But the language between the comic media and the screen are different, so in the anime all the perceptions changes for worse. The pace, the timing, the delivery of some monologues, it all feels off.

Jex

I wrote a review on MAL one time for Patema Inverted.

Then a mod deleted it and gave me a warning.

Apparently you can't call movies shit, but you can review half broadcast shows.

Wow, remarkably that's worse than what I was imagining.
Random, but on MyAnimeList, One Punch Man anime is in the top 75 and it hasn't even aired. That seems dumb.
Yes, you have correctly noted that MAL ratings are pretty dumb and should not be considered when trying to make viewing decisions.

Only some really avant-garde shorts (Limit Cycle comes to mind) are slower and more "artsy" than Oshii's films.

Say what you will about Nise but it probably has more plot advancement per episode than Nozaki-kun. <shots fired>

Let's be fair, Nozaki-kun doesn't even really attempt to have a "plot" or do any development of romance. It's more a straight-up comedy/shoujo parody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom