• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B7AZWXuCYAADMlk.jpg

I guess so.

The joke here is that there's no way Samurai Flamenco got advertising of any sort.

Damn, what a visual feast. We need some GIFs of the noodle eating scene stat.

Yeah that scene was great. I can offer you a webm instead.

Rolling Girls - 01

Oooh it's Nozaki's Sakura VA! This looked very pretty. Kuniko and her ticklishness is great.
I liked it, though I'm not sure what was going on 100% of the time. I guess these "bests" lead small clans and they settle stuff with fights? I'll give it to episode 3 to convince me.

Mr.Jeff

Anyone watched Soukyuu no Fafner Dead Aggressor, and is it any good? I've read it's a sequel to and older anime over an decade old. The art looks similar to gundam seed, so it got me curious.
Because the character designer is Hisashi Hirai more commonly known as Same-Face Hirai. It's unknown the last time he ever had a new thought when designer a character.

Taruranto

I am going to stop watching Full Metal Panic Fumoffu as of now (just finish Episode 6) and jump into Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid. Not saying Fumoffu is bad but like to watch the last 6 episodes after finish watching the second raid.

From the 1st half of Fumoffu, I can say it's a fun and funny show which poke fun the comedy side of Full Metal Panic for the people who like that part from the serious side. This is fine but Full Metal Panic for me is the mix of the two and how both the pacing of it match quite well in my opinion (enough serious part to make the show interesting but at the same time some slap stick comedy so, the audience don't get too depress in the story). From other Gaffer, The Second Raid will be more serious which will be interesting to see when I join in to watch it.

But Fumoffu is the only good FMP.

sjack

Banned
Man, somebody whose been waiting in anticipation for Season 2, this thread is really bumming me out. I think understand why I made unconscious choice to avoid anime GAF threads.

MOfu Mofu Mofu Moffffufuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu - 01

It's BACK !!!
FINALLY !!
1420905998249.gif

Man it's been such a long time ... and it's still as good as ever.

So glad shinku finally managed to get a tie , an hero can't lose 3 years in a row can he ?

Rest of the episode was great , new character design is OK , SO OK in my book i want a Fig already ... heck norio wakamoto had 2 lines already !!! That's more than in the entire season 2 !

The improvement is certainly there on all front and the Opening and endings Are delivering the goods.

So good , if only the blu-rays weren't so expensive...

Deadly

Man, somebody whose been waiting in anticipation for Season 2, this thread is really bumming me out. I think understand why I made unconscious choice to avoid anime GAF threads.
You shouldn't be reading threads before you've seen the episode in the first place

TG Root A Ending "Seasons Dying One After Another"
http://youtu.be/RfTfSiBfGBg

Amazarashi is one amazing band. Their lyrics are mostly sad and depressing which makes their songs really powerful.

Out of all the endings that have been shown, this is the best ending of the winter season.

jZ41QPG.jpg

Plus we get this gorgeous art of Rize drawn by the author.

Anyways I need to start watching Death Parade and Assassination Classroom. Also got to put up the rest of my impression of D-Gray Man anime.

DiGiKerot

If you mean Durarara, it's fine - the whole light novel discussion was one short scene and pretty much entirely within established character parameters for those involved.

If you are talking about Aldnoah, I'm not sure what you expected. The episode was daft in a few ways in the specifics that I hadn't expected, but it's no more or less silly or convoluted than it's ever been, and it's not like ass-pulling it's way out of a corner isn't a well-established trait of the series.

Quasar

Watched 'I know that voice' on netflix the other night. Its a doco about (primarily US TV animation) voice actors and the industry. Pretty entertaining.

Rolling☆Girls 01

I'm not sure I fully understand what's going on in this world but the fight was entertaining enough so I'll continue with this.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So this is the year of gluttony girls huh?

The Guide - Five Stars in Kyoto - Episode 1

After Nobunaga Concerto, Ouran, and Yamada, might as well try yet another live action drama. Plus Yusuke Yamamoto was in it and I loved him as Yamada...This was pretty great and kind of makes me actually want to visit JPN. The inn from 377 (nothing manmade in America is that old), the shrine area, and just some of the other sites looked pretty nice. Usually the only place in anime that looks worth visiting is like Ikebukuro (assuming its like it is in DRRR), but otherwise nothing else ever looks interesting. Im looking forward to the other places they go in this.

Definitely never want to be a tour guide, making plans and dealing with family drama is a bit too much.

I liked how everyone touched up for the tour. Kyoko especially.
B7BN0tNCQAAjXH0.png

phaze

Amazarashi is one amazing band. Their lyrics are mostly sad and depressing which makes their songs really powerful.

Out of all the endings that have been shown, this is the best ending of the winter season.

jZ41QPG.jpg

Much better than the awful opening.

Why is she in bikini though.

And I legit thought it was Amon and some new character. Their faces look different compared to their standard depiction.

HEROMAN - 22

A decent episode, with me finally learning
what happened to Joey's parents.

But I hope this means we can get the final battle arc going now.

jZ41QPG.jpg

Anyways I need to start watching Death Parade and Assassination Classroom. Also got to put up the rest of my impression of D-Gray Man anime.

Really nice art, the author is good with colors. And very good song.

All wasted on TG of course :p.

Jex

Someone has to speak truth to power anime, if that's our cross ange to bear so be it.

Lautaro

Death Parade 01

I was initially very confused about what happened here, but I guess it all makes sense if you reason that
good people go the void and bad people get reincarnated?
Because nothing else really makes sense.

Maybe it's not going with a good vs evil approach but with a
"He needs another life to improve vs She doesn't need a new life"?
I don't know, is confusing for me too.

EDIT: other possibility is that the judgement is flawed... that could make for some interesting plot I think.

Durarara - 01-10

I don't know but all these characters feel like a bunch of wish-fulfillment fantasies, with many of them trying to be cool. For the most part they're either extremely smart, unnaturally strong, posses special powers, are at the top of some company and so on and so forth. Fuck, we even got a god damn brother loving lady that's an important company's head. Because it ain't anime without some sweet incestual tones :/

Now for the most part this all would be perfectly fine if these folks felt like normal human beings otherwise, something to relate to. But alas, I can't give a fuck about any of them so far and because of that I also can't say I enjoy going through a lot of them on a per episode basis to discover their background story.

However, it seems like that's mostly done now and the larger plot that seems to involve all of these people will become the focus. Maybe it'll be fun enough to see just how all of them are connected and how the plot progresses. With luck I'll eventually even care about some of the characters.

CDiggity

Looking more at Rolling Girls, it looks like a combination of Kyosougiga and Yozakura Quartet with some kookiness.

It guess that means that it won't sell very well.

Reddit comment on Rolling Girls:
Apparently, to the people who went to the advanced screening of episodes 1 and 2, there were drops in quality and continuity in episode 2. I don't know if it'll be fixed by next week, but it was also said that the real stuff begins episode 3.

Hopefully that is fixed. I mean it's clear that they cannot uphold that kind of animation quality throughout the entire season but I hope the drop off won't be too drastic either. Looking forward ep3 then if that's where shit's going to happen :>

Narag

Reddit comment on Rolling Girls:

Hopefully that is fixed. I mean it's clear that they cannot uphold that kind of animation quality throughout the entire season but I hope the drop off won't be too drastic either. Looking forward ep3 then if that's where shit's going to happen :>

This season's Wizard Barristers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom