• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Tokyo Ghoul anime worth watching over reading manga?

Why not both?

Seriously though you should read the manga and watch the anime. Just don't have big expectations for season 1 as it rushes things. Also Season 2 is not following the manga it's an original route by the author.

So yeah compared to the manga it's not that great, but it's still enjoyable.

Yamato - 10

This show keeps on delivering good and interesting episodes. The idea of them having to cooperate with the enemy to deal with the greater danger was splendid.
Only problem I have with this was the ending were they yet once again get saved by a fortunate event (unless Okita knew all of this from experience, which I find somewhat hard to believe).
Best part is that now we have a Gamila on our side, which I hope will play a big part in Yamato's journey.
IBrMLzj.jpg
eTWHP7y.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Crocodile

All that kind of activity would just fill the episode with two much content unrelated to the actual characters at the centre of the story. There's not really enough time to explore that content and it's pretty clear the bartender has some unknowable powers.

This is also fair.

Reddit comment on Rolling Girls:

Hopefully that is fixed. I mean it's clear that they cannot uphold that kind of animation quality throughout the entire season but I hope the drop off won't be too drastic either. Looking forward ep3 then if that's where shit's going to happen :>

Oh hey look, something I didn't want to hear :/

Actually, that was just based on a single comment on 2chan which yaraon reported on, so it's not exactly a reliable source. It could easily be one person who got upset over fairly loose animation.

Ok good, crisis averted for now :)

Dog Days - 01

After seeing a number of people getting hype for Dog Days' return I decided to give the first episode a look to see what I've been missing. The male lead seems alright. I'm glad he's not some dumb perverted leech that lacks social skills. Seriously, thank goodness. :lol Will continue watching.

Leonmitchelli has my eye, RIP dog kingdom

Haha we'll see!

Seriously!

Dog Days - 02

Maybe... I was wrong about the ears and tails. :O

Sdburton finally is watching the goods , enjoy it ..it's a great anime.

Crocodile

Shirobako 13

• New OP & ED are both better than the previous OP & ED and amongst the best this season so far
  • The company president is such a nerd :p "Take Off!"
  • Tarou continues to be a "remarkable" specimen of a human being. The producer from that publishing company doesn't strike me as much better
  • It's going to be interesting to see all the girls eventually find themselves working together on this show.
  • Overall, this show continues to be awesome
Gourmet Girl Graffiti 1

I likely won't be watching any more of this but to be frank, I thought this was a respectable episode of anime all things considered. Some of the "eating" and how it was animated/staged seems at odds with the overall pure and honest tone of the show so that was weird. I think there are a lot of people who will get a good deal of enjoyment from this but again I think I'll pass.

Rolling Girls 1

Well this delivered as far as I'm concerned. Lively, energetic and tons of fun. I laughed every time I saw that guy in the crocodile head on the screen :p The interactions between Maa-chan and Shingyo (as well as the characters themselves) were awesome. Not only was the action animation and choreography superb but just more mundane aspects of the show and a strong energy to them. I just hope the show can keep this all up. Will also be interesting to see how the show fares when it switches to the proper protagonist group. The "Best" have already proven their chops, now its time for the "Rest" to show they can carry it :)

This also kind of reminded me of Kill la Kill but my twitter feed says I should feel like a bad person for making that comparison :p

So is anybody excited for Yoru no Yatterman? I'm not familiar with the IP at all but the preview looked sort of cool.

I am but I have no idea if it will deliver or not.

Taruranto

Not Your Average LN S2 #1

Meh, it's just Batman!!!

Well, that fell... like S1. Like wow, it has been 4 years since then? I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out they already had the episodes from back then and they only aired them now lol. Same direction, same effects, same musics.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I can already say that the comparisons to Kill La Kill are valid only this Rolling Girls show is already exceeding where that show failed. Like the animation feels stylized and dynamic and interesting without it feeling cheap, hackish or lazy.

Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 01

Not that I don't like the other characters, but this producer is literally making the show for me right now.

I'll get to watching the first Idolmaster later.

Mitch

Banned
Bahamut 1-12 END

FAVAROOOOO!

AMIRAAAAAA!

Thoroughly enjoyed every episode. The setting is one of my favorites.

srst

Durarara!!x2 01

Man, the episode was a mess jumping from place to place with a bajillion characters. I would have liked a less splashy start with more of a calm/slow re-introduction of Ikebukuro and cast like S1. And the fan service...can they be more subtle about it?
The opening was nice but the song felt out of place.

Ace of Diamond Episode 64

As a Kuramochi senpai and Kawakami fan, I teared up.
I wanted Kuramochi as captain, he was so stoked for it. And Kawakami still beating himself up over the past. Hopefully captain miyuki can bring him back up again. He is vital for the team since Furuya and Eijun have issues[psoiler].

new team, new characters, I guess. I dont know how they will fit in.

CDiggity

I dropped AZ around episode 7 simply because everyone was so so soooooo stupid. Did they ever explain why Inaho had the personality of a brick who liked eggs?

I dropped AZ around episode 7 simply because everyone was so so soooooo stupid. Did they ever explain why Inaho had the personality of a brick who liked eggs?

His sister said that if you really get to know him you can tell through his blank expressions slight differences.

That's it. He did smile (a little one) this episode though!

Mushishi 14

Trapped in a bamboo forest with no escape. Only through the ultimate sacrifice can one discover where they truly belong.

Series Impressions so far...

I feel I've seen enough to give some thoughts on Mushishi as a whole. The background art is beautiful and has been fairly consistent throughout the series. The foreground characters are fairly simplistic. Ginko stands out among them with his piercing green eye and ghostly white hair. The problem with the characters Ginko interacts with is they are very same face. Going from episode to episode, every character is usually a young man or boy that looks incredibly similar to the last. As this is a series with few recurring characters other than Ginko himself I've found it rather jarring.

As for the content of the series, each episode has its own self contained story that have all been fairly consistent. I have yet to see a standout amazing or weak episode. (All episodes have been great) Each episode demonstrates some flaw in the human interaction; greed, envy, lust, etc. This series is fairly dark and the soundtrack sells this theme exceptionally well. However, because it's so depressing I've found it hard to watch more than one episode every few weeks. I intend on finishing the series as it is great that I'm enjoying immensely but it will definitely be a slow burn until the end.

Fafner Exodus Episode 1

Sui Kaburagi is a great character, hope he does more than just comics. Nishio is good too, though since I had only watched the dub I never knew he was played by Yuki Kaji. At least he gets nice speaking lines now.

Otherwise glad to see Soushi and Kazuki again, its been so long. Hopefully he wont stay working at a coffee shop for the anime

I like how it is still so intense even after two years. Thought everything would have gone all peaceful but Im glad thats not the case. This needs to resolve it, though I dont think thirteen episodes is enough?

Track at the end of the episode is the best. Visuals looked like they got an increase compared to the movie and to the first season.

Kida man.

I am disappoint.

Backing out of saving your girl from gang members?

Shameful.

Least Dotachin (He looks great without the hat), Walker (Gotta love Molotovs), and the rest, were there to save the day.

Really liking how Celty is acting the role of big sis to everyone.

Mikado, Anri, and even Shizuo.

She's always reassuring/concerned for them whenever problems arise.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Tomorrow From There

Absolutely blown away by this music video. One of the sweetest things I've seen a long, long time. It shows the struggles of a young woman seemingly striving to find the happiness and balance in her life, but does so with such expert framing, animation, and pacing. So manly little nuggets to enjoy and just an absolute piece visual eye candy that is still very restrained and tasteful. Absolutely stellar. And the song is amazing to boot too. I had to watch this twice. So fucking good. If you haven't seen this, you really really need to.

yami4ct

In my quest to learn more about the Super Robot genre, I just read about how the big Transformers crash with Zone spurred Takara to create the Brave stuff. Shows even share some designs. Holy crap, even as a giant Transformers nerd, I didn't know that. Really need to get on checking some of that out. Probably going to check out GaoGaiGar soon, as that seems to be the most well liked.

Also need to give Gurren Lagann and Durarara another try as I don't like those nearly as well as others seem to. I would go as far to say I very much actively disliked Durarara, but maybe I missed something the first crack at it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
In my quest to learn more about the Super Robot genre, I just read about how the big Transformers crash with Zone spurred Takara to create the Brave stuff. Shows even share some designs. Holy crap, even as a giant Transformers nerd, I didn't know that. Really need to get on checking some of that out. Probably going to check out GaoGaiGar soon, as that seems to be the most well liked.

Also need to give Gurren Lagann and Durarara another try as I don't like those nearly as well as others seem to. I would go as far to say I very much actively disliked Durarara, but maybe I missed something the first crack at it.

GaoGaiGar was overrated, honestly the best series I watched was either J-Decker or Might Gaine.

Rolling Girl 1

Erm I think that was enough of that for me, the art style was fun and stylized, but the story was too bizarre and off the wall for me.

You'll find that, around here at least, most people dislike Durarara.

Rolling Girls 01

The animation all throughout this episode was top notch. from the fast and energetic fight scenes (which ere fucking awesome btw) to even just something simple like the ramen eating competition. There's this level of squashiness that makes it a delight to watch in motion. The storyline is pretty off kilter with the whole japan being composed of warring factions of cosplayers and moe fans while being protected by a super sentai expy and a bunch of volunteer community service members, but that just adds to the overall tone of the story, which is appropriately zany and humorous. The characters are pretty average so far, with her utter averageness being the MC's main characteristic, but we shall see if that continues.

And yeah, the comparisons to Kill La Kill are appropriate, since this features themes and scenarios similar to KLK, only without the embarrassing levels of fanservice, which means I can properly recommended to all my casual anime watching friends.

Quasar

Man, all the people I've talked about it with acted like it was one of the most awesome things ever. I just found it super dreary and boring. It's gotten a sequel, so I guess what do I know?

Different people have different tastes. I'm just surprised its getting more after so long. But then so did Mushishi.

I'm just getting to it now...I'm about 6 episodes into S1. i'm finding it OK. Liking it more than I did Baccano (which
I dropped within a few episodes). Though not something I'm liking so much that I can marathon to catch up and watch S2 whilst its airing.

yami4ct

got the new jojo ed running through my head as i realise i only have 12 eps left ;-;

We should hopefully be getting a Part 4 series after this. Man, if I had to watch all of Part 3 again (my least favorite JoJo) and don't finally see Part 4 (Best JoJo) animated, I'll be the saddest person.

Wait, 5 is popular? What the hell? 5 is pretty terrible too. Part 6+7 is where it's at (besides Part 4). Why is it that boring JoJo is the most popular JoJo?

FASHION

It's hard to tell because the Part 5 translation is utter trash, worse then Duwang because it looks like it's correct but it's actually full of inaccuracies, loses character traits, Bruno feels like more of the protag then Giorno (this might not be because of the TL) makes shit up and so on. A new translation has been in the works, slowly, for years now. Dunno if it will ever happen.

The fights in Part 5 are pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom