• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

FASHION

It's hard to tell because the Part 5 translation is utter trash, worse then Duwang because it looks like it's correct but it's actually full of inaccuracies, loses character traits, makes shit up and so on. A new translation has been in the works, slowly, for years now. Dunno if it will ever happen.

The fights in Part 5 are pretty good too.

It's not the characterizations that are the problem. I actually like Part 5's cast quite a bit. It's definitely the Part's biggest saving grace and makes it way more interesting than 3. It's the awfully paced, almost completely random story. Some fights are good, but some are almost incomprehensible. That's not to mention that Part 5's ending is absolute dog shit and easily the worst ending to any JoJo part. (Not talking about the
epilogue
thing, but the actual final battle+ending).

Soma

Rolling☆Girls Ep. 01

iswGZC1loXTnX.jpg
ie9IIZsPnKoDb.jpg

leVzmNz.jpg

It's like the Kyousougiga X Yozakura Quartet mashup I never knew I wanted until now.

Kanra

It's back! And a great start to boot. I really like how Shizuo was chasing after Izaya in the op,reminds me of all the great moments the two had in season 1.

Link Man

Banned
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 2

Well, that was quick. Interesting that the magic wand is literally a computer. And it outputs in English.

She's gonna fail her classes if he talks during her lessons. How inconsiderate! Then again, she does doodle and pass notes during cram school.

But anyway, we get a little background on Yuuno-kun. Seems he's a magical archeologist from another world, found sealed evil in a can, broken in 21 pieces, turns things evil.

So basically, InuYasha meets Cardcaptor Sakura.

Battles seem a little repetitive right now. Hope she learns more commands soon.

Finalow

Death Parade 1 y where's the OT

honestly the first thing I thought was that they were already dead, probably "we don't remember a thing and ended up in a strange random place" was some sort of hint to me. the whole *special* games idea could turn into something interesting, it reminded me of Fukumoto-sama stuff (eg Kaiji), if it's half as good as those it should be a good show.
bring back Kaiji's narrator

I think that the scene after the credits wasn't really needed, it was pretty clear with that last cut who was going where. unless they wanted to introduce those new characters or highlight that this is more about buddhist concepts rather than the classic heaven&hell. however it felt more like "let's just explain to the viewers what happened". also what wasn't really clear is if the girl cheated on him or not, I think she did because of 2 frames that showed her being in a bed with a naked man which didn't look like her husband. but then again you don't see his face too well and she could have been lying so I wasn't sure, she could have been sent to the void because she lied and pretty much destroyed him or because she actually cheated on him. /edit although you could think the reincarnation is seen as a punishment if, for example, you reincarnate as a worm or similar stuff. iirc buddhism sees the reincarnation cycle as a punishment more than anything else. in that case you could assume that the husband deserved that for not trusting her loyal (?) wife. I don't know, probably thinking too much into this.

oh, the op is good.

jbug617

Banned
Credit to WTK for the find
https://twitter.com/WTK/status/554148070565638144
http://umanohone.us/bd.html

58c8LxW.png

This will get you episode 1-4 and will cost $71.98

Disc Specs
Spoken Languages: Japanese
Subtitles: English and Spanish
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 widescreen
Episodes: Episodes 1-4
Number of Discs: 3 Discs
(1 BD + 1 DVD + 1 CD)
Total Run Time: approx. 100 min.
Rating: 15 UP

Bonus Content
Combo Box Set including Blu-ray, DVD and Special Character Song CD“DENKI SONGS1” performed by Hiotan , Kameko , G-men , Umio (includes Karaoke)
Textless Opening (Special O.A. Version)
Textless Ending (Special O.A. Version)
TV Commercial Collections

Packaging
EXCLUSIVE BONUS MATERIALS & SPECIAL PACKAGE
Exclusive Mega Tall size “DODEKA” Disc Case
Double-sided cover illustrated by SIN-EI ANIMATION
Deluxe 24-page Booklet ”Umanohone Magazine 1&2”
2 Collectible Wall Pin-up Pictures illustrated by Asato Mizu(Original Story)
Double-sided Poster illustrated by SIN-EI ANIMATION
Exclusive “PONYCAN US” Plastic Slipcase

Joe Molotov

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 01 - 03

Woodo is like Blade Runner + Road Warrior + I dunno, like Robocop or something. So far while watching this show, my balls dropped, I grew hair on my chest, I got laid 5 times, and I burned all my K-ON! figures.

the whole *special* games idea could turn into something interesting, it reminded me of Fukumoto-sama stuff (eg Kaiji), if it's half as good as those it should be a good show.
bring back Kaiji's narrator

DAGA
SHIKASHI
PINZORO
PINZOROOO
PINZOROOOOOOOOOOOOO
KUYASHIII

I've also been thinking of reading the Kaiji manga, should I just skip to Part 3 if I watched the first two seasons? And what's the best Fukumoto work to read besides Kurosawa?

Denki Gai 1-6

I have been wondering why I was watching this show, and I think the only thing is that I don't know. I only checked it out because the art was weird. And all I can say is that the show bothers me in general.

I think one thing that sticks out is how... everyone looks. Or rather, how males looked closer to their age (or older), but the same doesn't apply to females. One character in particular being Fu Girl.

"I'm 16"

OxGrOGA.jpg

And then I see the ball jiggle scene. That would be fine, but the psuedo bukake scene later on was just.... Ugh.

Later on, in episode 6, there was a segment in where they based whatsherface on GirlPower, because she constantly whines about not having it. And so most of the time she lost points unless she did something like cooking and spraying febreeze. It would've been satisfying for her to tell them to fuck off, but alas.

I'm stuck with a show who are merely characters, and not actual people. I may be lucky with the fact that none of them are characters who are deathly afraid of men to the point of abuse, something that as far as I'm aware, doesn't actually exist, but that means little when I can't really like anyone in the main cast.

Govt Official Girl was the best character. And with that, I'm done with this.

Blusby

Wait, 5 is popular? What the hell? 5 is pretty terrible too. Part 6+7 is where it's at (besides Part 4). Why is it that boring JoJo is the most popular JoJo?

Characterization, as I've heard is completely butchered in Part 5 because the quality of the translation is so terrible, with often times made up pieces of dialogue. Apparently Abbacchio is a laid back, chill guy who would often tell jokes, but ya'd never get that from the current translation! Also
Diavolo
is supposed to be a semi-decent character, but lol. It could very well be a good part but then again part 3 is supposed to be really popular over in Japan too and I think it's garbage, not to mention that Part 4 (the only good part that I've read) is one of the least popular arcs over there.

Edit: I see that wasn't an issue for you, in that case I'll just say that going by my last sentence they simply have terrible taste.

Idolmaster 01-02

So many idols, I can barely handle it. Since I watched the first episode of Cinderella Girls first, I can't help but compare with that which only introduced two of the idols in the first episode. Still, this seems alright so far at least, I'll probably get the characters down the more I watch, but that was quite a lot at once.

Finalow

DAGA
SHIKASHI
PINZORO
PINZOROOO
PINZOROOOOOOOOOOOOO
KUYASHIII

I've also been thinking of reading the Kaiji manga, should I just skip to Part 3 if I watched the first two seasons? And what's the best Fukumoto work to read besides Kurosawa?
I'm sure some people learned the meaning of those japanese words thanks to that narrator. SHIKASHIIII~
you could skip to part 3 but if you watched the anime a long time ago you might as well read the whole thing and refresh your memory. I don't actually remember if the manga has more stuff not included in the anime for the first 2 arcs.

anyway, did you watch Akagi? If so, you should read Ten. if not, watch Akagi and read it anyway. even if you don't like too much the excessive mahjong stuff it's worth it for the ending. dem feels ;_;7

also I'd recommend Buraiden Gai and Zero. the former is already over and pretty short - 7-8 volumes iirc, the latter hasn't ended and the last arc was somehow weaker than the rest but it's still worth a shot. they're both similar to Kaiji and Akagi with the genius/very clever or skilled type of mc. also Zero focuses more on gambling and games, like Kaiji. Kurosawa as far as I know is a unique work, meaning that he did nothing on a similar tone. but I haven't read all of his works so I might be mistaken. I actually want to start some of the ones that I haven't read yet, one day.

I'm sure some people learned the meaning of those japanese words thanks to that narrator. SHIKASHIIII~
you could skip to part 3 but if you watched the anime a long time ago you might as well read the whole thing and refresh your memory. I don't actually remember if the manga has more stuff not included in the anime for the first 2 arcs.

anyway, did you watch Akagi? If so, you should read Ten. if not, watch Akagi and read it anyway. even if you don't like too much the excessive mahjong stuff it's worth it for the ending. dem feels ;_;7

also I'd recommend Buraiden Gai and Zero. the former is already over and pretty short - 7-8 volumes iirc, the latter hasn't ended and the last arc was somehow weaker than the rest but it's still worth a shot. they're both similar to Kaiji and Akagi with the genius/very clever or skilled type of mc, also Zero focuses more on gambling and games, like Kaiji. Kurosawa as far as I know is a unique work, meaning that he did nothing on a similar tone. but I haven't read all of this works so I might be mistaken. I actually want to start some of the ones that I haven't read yet, one day.

Hmm, I'll probably just read Kaiji from the start. And I did watch Akagi, I'm just having some trouble deciding what to pick up since he's done so much...

Negator

One Piece 677
Oh my god. The hype is real. Everything is real. I'm screaming like a little girl at my monitor, with the biggest shit-eating grin on my face.

I'm dying to see the next few episodes.

fertygo

Characterization, as I've heard is completely butchered in Part 5 because the quality of the translation is so terrible, with often times made up pieces of dialogue. Apparently Abbacchio is a laid back, chill guy who would often tell jokes, but ya'd never get that from the current translation! Also
Diavolo
is supposed to be a semi-decent character, but lol. It could very well be a good part but then again part 3 is supposed to be really popular over in Japan too and I think it's garbage, not to mention that Part 4 (the only good part that I've read) is one of the least popular arcs over there.

Edit: I see that wasn't an issue for you, in that case I'll just say that going by my last sentence they simply have terrible taste.

Part 4 isn't popular is just TVTrope horseshit, Part 3-5 is the trinity of Jojos.. Stone Ocean maybe the one that sidelined in publicity outside Jolyne as character.

Jarmel

Banned
In my quest to learn more about the Super Robot genre, I just read about how the big Transformers crash with Zone spurred Takara to create the Brave stuff. Shows even share some designs. Holy crap, even as a giant Transformers nerd, I didn't know that. Really need to get on checking some of that out. Probably going to check out GaoGaiGar soon, as that seems to be the most well liked.

Also need to give Gurren Lagann and Durarara another try as I don't like those nearly as well as others seem to. I would go as far to say I very much actively disliked Durarara, but maybe I missed something the first crack at it.

Not surprised at all. The background support mechs in GGG were clearly Transformers rejects.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Attack on Titan 23

I fucking knew it. That was so fucking obvious, goddamn.

Shirobako 5

they have a jail in their animation studio? this whole scene = fucking lol

fucking Tarou

Ping Pong 5

Man the story lines they can fucking weave. This show is amazing.

Mushishi Zoku Shou 15

Again, a pretty powerful episode. Interesting to actually see Ginko mess up for once.

Parasyte 5

tumblr_lpaokd0BQS1qzzc0d.png

Blood-C 5

yay no singing

yo serious this cafe dude is a total creep

lol an eyball? just run around her a bunch and get a blue coin!

should've killed with a pair of fingers and nyuk nyuk nyuk

here touch my bloody fucking hand!

fight shit good, school shit bad

the fuck is up with this teacher

if they
kill one twin
in the next episode, tables will be flipped.

Arjuna 5

so what ecofreak message am I gonna get bashed over the head with today?

thought you were gonna quote shakespeare there fur a fucking second

we're gonna go after cars now? oh no just more food bashing

"ARE YOU HAPPY BEING A NON-HIPPY SHITLORD JUNA?"

the fuck are they doing

what with that little fucking tidbit? No Chlorine or NO2 and we're fucking moving on? fucking lol

again with the anitGMO shittalking

fuck this kid

EAT HEALTHY KIDS

dat hamburger face, god bless @animegaf.txt

this hippy bullshit is killing me

is this going fucking anti-medicine on me now too fuck this shit

Hey it's like that one Magic School-bus episode where they go indie the body. Only instead of learning, we get told what fucking horrible people we are and buses are for Nazis-against-nature. You're not a nature nazi, are you animegaf?

1365988315571.jpg

lol this so incredibly heavy handed and idiotic, jesus fucking christ.

THAT'S NOT HOW REUSING UMBILICAL CORDS WORK actually never mind, this is just ecofreak new age mumbo-jumbo bullshit anyways

PRAISE THE SUN!

time for the after episode natural farming hookum

Hey Shōji Kawamori:

tumblr_mttcap3a5e1qfzf9bo1_500.gif

fuck you

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 2

Well, that was quick. Interesting that the magic wand is literally a computer. And it outputs in English.

She's gonna fail her classes if he talks during her lessons. How inconsiderate! Then again, she does doodle and pass notes during cram school.

But anyway, we get a little background on Yuuno-kun. Seems he's a magical archeologist from another world, found sealed evil in a can, broken in 21 pieces, turns things evil.

So basically, InuYasha meets Cardcaptor Sakura.

Battles seem a little repetitive right now. Hope she learns more commands soon.

You should try the movie after the TV series, they turn the show into pure air dog fights.

Branduil

Rolling Girls 1

Yeah, that was a really well-executed visual treat. There are some people comparing it to Kill la Kill but I think that's pretty facile. If you're going to compare it to the work of Gainax directors, you can see some similarities with FLCL in its surrealist setting and music usage. Really the show has more in common with web-gen sakuga series like Yozakura Quartet and Kyousogiga than TRIGGER's thing, but even then it's still clearly its own show with its own quirks and themes.

Crochead is the best.

Jarmel

Banned
Rolling Girls has nothing in common with Kill La Kill unless the older sister dies and they go the whole revenge arc shit.

Well either that or the animation goes in the shitter.

Moonlight

Banned
I've seen the term thrown around quite a bit for Yozakura Quartet, and now for The Rolling Girls, but... what exactly is web-gen animation? I've tried my best to try and discover this on my own, but Google doesn't really return anything too explanatory. It's a technique, I assume, but how is it done, and what's so special about it, aside from the obvious visual distinctions?

Dresden

I've seen the term thrown around quite a bit for Yozakura Quartet, and now for The Rolling Girls, but... what exactly is web-gen animation? I've tried my best to try and discover this on my own, but Google doesn't really return anything too explanatory. It's a technique, I assume, but how is it done, and what's so special about it, aside from the obvious visual distinctions?

It's a label for a particular generation of animators who grew up doing gifs and such, releasing work online and on the web before they began doing commercial work. I guess it has a certain visual style - blobby, no particular emphasis on form, favoring visual rhythm and flow over physical accuracy.

Jarmel

Banned

It's a label for a particular generation of animators who grew up doing gifs and such. I guess it has a certain visual style - blobby, no particular emphasis on form, favoring visual rhythm and flow over physical accuracy.

Well that's part of it. I wouldn't qualify Bahi JD in this style despite him starting off as a web animator. It more refers to the superflat art style and a direct interpretation of that instead of the offshoot in Go Nagai inspired works. The animation style is focused on energy and fluidity through morphing of objects such as squash and stretch.

srst

KanColle 01

7vAHK7w.jpg

I'll give it another chance but I'm not expecting any better.
The visuals look nice and clean though.

sonicmj1

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 2-3

This is more like the rhythm that I'd expect from a series of this type. Not that VOTOMS is slow-moving, but here we're presented with a larger problem that'll take some episodes to solve, introducing Chirico to a number of new characters. Woodo is a bitter place indeed, like Blade Runner slums with Fist of the North Star biker gangs terrorizing the streets.

ivxEy2Kk1WT9o.png

Also, Favaro is there.

Chirico's really a broken person, and you can especially see that in how he interacts with Goutho and the others at his shop. He's nothing but business. He needs to get in a working mech as soon as humanly possible, and stuff like conversation doesn't hold any attraction to him. His expository monologue is pretty rare, but it brings that aspect of him to life. He needs to be in a robot, faceless, stoic, and unstoppable.

This show has good explosions.

Turn A Gundam 10

Ha, I had assumed this switch-a-roo was going to happen at some point after other characters had pointed out how clearly the two looked alike. But I had thought it might be done as sort of some sort of devious plot by the Earth side to gain inner intel for them and not just the two women deciding this would be something fun to do.

.........and yeah no that word's time in the sun in over my freedom is here and so the cat's downfall begins.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Saekan*

This will be my guiltwatch of the season.

Saying it has a similar style =/= KLK invented eye catchers

Generally I agree with her point, it's not the most well written review but considering she's not the only person drawing parallels to KLK heck it's the first things I thought while watching it. Her complaints about the loads of expo dumping and confusing world building are accurate I felt lost watching it too.

Branduil

Saying it has a similar style =/= KLK invented eye catchers

Generally I agree with her point, it's not the most well written review but considering she's not the only person drawing parallels to KLK heck it's the first things I thought while watching it. Her complaints about the loads of expo dumping and confusing world building are accurate I felt lost watching it too.

It's not really similar at all, though. And there's barely any actual exposition per se.

It's not really similar at all, though. And there's barely any actual exposition per se.

All I know was that I was confused watching it, and within 2-3 minutes my first gut reaction was "so this is kind of like KLK". The series starts with confusing/boring exposition and then leads into a battle between two people with only that as a set up that looks really pretty but is hard to be invested in. Really the reason to say it's not like KLK is because it's really well animated the whole way though unlike KLK :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom