• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlo

Yoru no Yatterman, so good that they turned Doronjo into a little kid and I didn't give a fuck. Too easy to say best episode of 2015, so I'll throw 2014 in as well, just pure piff
lawd.png

Wish I didn't look @ the supporting characters and their VAs on the wiki page tho...
mjcry1.png

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 5

Fate and Arf. I really hope these are codenames. That they're using in a private telepathic conversation. Crap.

Nope. Sorry. Those are their real names man.

But get ready though, because the action is going to get even better soon!

yd9oqRY.png

Welcome to the Nintendo Anime Channel |OT|.

Oh hey, that Kirby show with the best King Dedede voice acting.

"How can I help you, King Dedede?"

"I NEEDA MONSTA TO CLOBBA DAT DERE KIRBY!"

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate 9

You know shit's getting real when
Faris rewrites an entire city so that Moe culture doesn't exist within it.
The shows' doing a good job at escalating the changes in the continuing use of the D-Mail.

I think the reasoning for those episodes is flimsy at best serving only to explore the different paths of the game, but they were still interesting ways to see the effects of dmails.

Seems like a lot of shows this season had good first episodes. Which ones, if any, are the most likely to shit the bed after such a great start?

I dunno but its pretty early to determine that.

Animegaf, does Crunchyroll suck? It seems completely random whether an episode is going to stream right or not. I've had streaming problems with them in the past, and haven't used them in about a year. I just renewed my account yesterday and my weekend starts tonight, I'm trying to watch Parasyte and it seems completely random whether and episode is going to stream smoothly or not. Sometimes changing the resolution helps, sometimes changing the browser helps, sometimes refreshing a bunch helps, but a lot of the time it will seem to be streaming smoothly for a couple minutes and then just suddenly stop for minutes to buffer, or it will buffer at a slower speed than the video plays (lots of starts and stops).

Is there any secret to using Crunchyroll I don't know about? I've got 20mbps down and can stream Netflix HD and Hulu fine, but I'd like to use Crunchyroll because I want to watch anime without commercials.

Also, how is Funimation's streaming? I tried to use it once, but I couldn't even get the video player to load after trying chrome/firefox/IE and refreshing a bunch of times. I know that they did a huge site revamp that they worked on for like 3 years though, so is their streaming any better? Is it worth a subscription if I have Hulu Plus and Crunchyroll?

Funis streaming is much worse than CR's. CR does have problems with freezing up but you can reset it pretty quickly. As for streaming overall, when it doesnt freeze for me it is quite smooth and doesnt stop to buffer. I have very fast internet though.

cajunator

Banned
KanColle 1

Fun and extremely cute show! Akagi is probably my favorite so far...she certainly has a rather unique method of attack.

Looking forward to more!

This show sorely needs Hamakaze in it.

Nice pickups.
Good taste.

Seeing Shirobako still out of stock, i guess 8k is looking good for them.
Yuyuyu over 10k, nice one.

Magical girls in despair sells!

Stiens;Gate 10

I gotta say, there could have been a much better way in determining
Ruka's gender.
Seriously, Okabe went about it in the worst way possible.

In the meantime,
SERN seems to be aware of what Okabe is doing if that message is any indication. I get the feeling that the Wham episode will be coming rather soon.

Okarin was never one to be known for subtleties.

Winter 2015 - A week of Haikus

Time to get caught up in a single post. I can expand on all of these in their n+1 episodes in the coming week.

Saekano 00
Artists making art
Meta discourse, and yet it's
So familiar

April 12
Kaori is missing
Kousei has his mojo back
Falling into stars

Cinderella Girls 01
Fate/Zero producer
Idol war has many girls
Still needs Shizuku

GARO -Seal of Flames- 13
Hail to Alfonso!
Leon is tilling the fields
Sing! Bloody Brother

Fairy Tail 214-215
There's a snake in my
Plan to make Wakamoto
Let the heavens fall

PriPara 27
Vocaloid, er Doll
Have you heard of pizza? It's
a food. (Copyright)

Milky Holmes TD 02
Go! Idol Wrestling
Kazumi is innocent
The fairy checks out

DOG DAYS'' 01
Why only Asia?
Lots of dragons this season
Here be where they start

Rolling Girls 01
Green Ranger? Aw yeah
Funky-colored wonderland
The bottommost rung

Happiness Charge Precure! 47
Another fivesome
Love for all and all for love
Mermaid looks awesome

Graffiti 01
Best cooking show since
Vamp and Kayoko left air
Melancholy script

Fafnir 01
Dragons want the D
Girls would rather not do that
Militaristic

Cross Ange 14
Welcome to the world
of tomorrow! Love hotel
it ain't, but will do

Maria 01
B-Gata Witch-Kei
Entendres are not her thing
However, dragons are

World Break 01
My little sister
can't possibly be reborn
as my new classmate

Absolute Duo 02
Contract or marriage?
Also like Tabane, she is
planning something, yo.

Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ 02
Nanami ascends
But is being led along
Tomoe? Crossdress!

Sapphic Ursine Tempest 02
Deja vu once more
Ikuhara, his style
Death, but no dragons

Sailor Moon R 25-26
Everything here is
the Red Queen's. Rubeus is
king of the douches.

Yatterman Night 01
Yatter King takes on
a new and scary meaning
Start! Revolution

Earth Defense Club 02
Death the Kid would be
having a fit about this
Not the best hero team

I just have to reward your efforts a bit here.
Excellent work!

Gave a bit of a break on Wing because my friend showed me this picture, and I got hooked in the MC quotes, guy is a genius. Will watch the anime to see if it is good.

PS: The name of the anime I think is My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU.

Heysoos

4 Crunchyroll guest passes. Don't know if anyone uses these, but go nuts. 2 for lurkers and quote to reveal 2 more.

LMBSB4YAB98
KP3LFM8BWD5

JoeFu

Banned
Watched the Crunchyroll/broadcast version, I take it? They didn't do anything to fix the glaring animation errors in parts of the movie, but I'm told they redid a lot of the roughest scenes in the TV show for the BDs, taking it up to the Acceptable level!

Well, maybe you'll find out more about them in the new WUG movie, due out later this year. Yoppi has had a real radical haircut!

Yeah I watched it on CR. Don't really have money to be spending on anime BD's at the moment. Animation was awful, but didn't really bother me too much. And yeah I saw the trailer for the second movie. I don't like her haircut.

Yuri Bears 2
I...what.
So some of them are bears now? They kill each other now?
What are the conditions? And why the fuck is there no way to detect a bear technology-wise? You reckon since they got that huge ass wall that they would be able to.
Oh, and still no male. I guess there must be some explanation or just pandering thoughts.

Battle Royale eh? Maybe you can then tell me what you thought about the ending.

I can't remember much about the movie besides the ending bit where (movie spoilers)
the bad guy receives a phone call and stays talking through it all nonchalant
. It might be time for a rewatch though.

Gundam Build Fighters Try 14

New OP is alright. I like the ED though.

Oh look the triplets are data guys AKA losers who will lose because data guys are lame. Remember that time like 20 minutes ago that Sekai and Wilfrid broke your stupid data because they are too good? Guess not.
Looks like LUCAS NEMESIS (real name) is that kid Aila told off in S1. Same hairstyle and he's from Europe. Guess he took her advice to heart. It's cool to see callbacks like that.

Decent bridging episode, pretty low budget though. It's acceptable on an episode with not much going on. Best part of the episode was Gyanko's bobbing head and her adding MUH SHIELD to everything. Starting to think it's possible this could be 2cour, but I'm not sure yet.

Locodol 03

Spending the whole budget on idols and mascots doesn't sound like the best plan...

Good thing they didn't fail and also a good thing that Yukari was wearing a swimsuit as well. Lots of boob envy in this episode too.

Jex

Yuri Bear Storm 2

I can't say I'm fond of the direction this show is going. The show needs to do something to make us care about the characters, but right now everything is getting overwhelmed by Ikuhara-isms and plot twists. His weirdness only works if it's applied to interesting characters that we're invested in, and right now Kureha is failing that test. And I think the pacing is just too frenetic- there's not enough time spent on establishing mood and atmosphere.

Well duh!

Narag

I watched Billiards for the first time pretty much right after finishing Parade and i think I overall preferred the episode to the OVA. Found the couple to be more interesting and liked the extra rule in darts.

After some thought, I think I liked the inherent cruelty in judging two unconnected souls against one another in the OVA. First ep felt like marriage counseling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom