• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
f58643c9caupn.jpg

That took way too long for the three stupid amigos to finally meet up.

One being the idiot who just couldn't go see his friends, clear up the misunderstandings, and ask for help.

The other reverting back to being a wimp who decided he wanted out of the group he founded, even though said group cooperated together splendidly and managed to save his love interest.

Then there's the chick, whom honestly wasn't as bad as the other two, that actually tried to solve the dilemmas after realizing that controlling people with her demonic sword is fucking awesome.

On the other hand.

Its because of their overall ineptitude that got the GOAT characters to show up and fix basically everything.

http://a.pomf.se/tfndmu.webm

Now THAT.

I can appreciate.

Jarmel

Banned
The last chapter came out Febuary of 2014 (AGGGGGHHHHGGJSHJSGHHJGAGJ)

I don't even know what's going on. He mentioned where he was going with some of the future arcs, like my understanding is one the of the upcoming arcs is supposed to be very Revy heavy. He also stated that he was going to resume back with the manga and he did for a little bit and then just stopped.

He's obviously alive because he's pumping out art under Tex-Mex and Twitter.

PK Gaming

Cross Ange 13

So this was kind of a bad episode (yes, even by Cross Ange standards), and a lot of it has to do with the budget. Basically, the Norma's are systematically wiped out, and what was supposed to be a dramatic and macabre sequence is... well, flat and underwhelming. There was some especially mediocre animation here (specifically when the normas get gunne down /burned alive) and the execution was faulty. The brutal deaths are presented in a cheap, unceremonious way. This was something that Code Geass absolutely nailed. Even if you didn't particularly care for the characters, the brutal deaths had an impact on the reviewer (which was largely in part due to good animation and great execution). Again, I the same thing happens again when
Chris is shot...
I didn't have an effect on me (in fact, it made me want to laugh) because it was just done so poorly. Out of everything that needed improving, Cross Ange could have definitely benefited from a bigger budget.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 38

Pretty weak overall since there was little to no dueling.

Next episode looks like a return to what we love about Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Sora needs to return to Standard though.

Andrew J.

So maybe light novels have always been problematic. D is like 80's Kirito in the first book.

Yeah, I've been reading those novels since the English translations started coming out, and D has always been hugely overpowered. In most of them he's not even the protagonist, there's some new companion character who's actually capable of undergoing an arc over the course of the story.

Narag

Yeah, I've been reading those novels since the English translations started coming out, and D has always been hugely overpowered. In most of them he's not even the protagonist, there's some new companion character who's actually capable of undergoing an arc over the course of the story.

I really don't mind all that much in the end, just find it amusing how hard SAO was railed for an OP protag or the "if you die in the game, you die in real life" premise when neither are new there.

As far as the characters and relationships in SAO? Yeah, that's fair game though. :lol

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid - 2

Now we've got yuri incest villains and one dude in white who kills so much you'd swear he was Ladd Russo's grandson.

Other than that, another good episode with some good FMP comedy thrown in the midst of it all.

But wow, the blood and violence in this show was really upped in this season.

Dog Days S1

Everyones clothes just kept getting ripped off randomly. I guess I should expect that from the same studio that made Night Shift Nurses.

Everything just felt like generic anime, I hated the MC's VA, but I still found it cute and entertaining. Its a nice filler anime when nothing else is on. Onto S2.

Also, Yukikaze > *

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Dog Days S1

Everyones clothes just kept getting ripped off randomly. I guess I should expect that from the same studio that made Night Shift Nurses.

Everything just felt like generic anime, I hated the MC's VA, but I still found it cute and entertaining. Its a nice filler anime when nothing else is on. Onto S2.

Also, Yukikaze > *

Added to backlog.

Narag

Death Parade 1

Felt like a bad version of Death Billiards but at the same time felt necessary to reintroduce the base concept so the TV show can be self-contained without being overly reliant on the initial Anime Mirai OVA. Cast looks expanded considerably judging by the OP so interested in seeing where that goes and like the theory that the games are ultimately meaningless and are just observational tools for Decim.

Jarmel

Banned
Cross Ange-6
iGSK98XZeqA73.jpg

Metal Gear Ange
So in this episode, we have Angelise's old maid sneak on board the base. Her maid, Momoka, apparently missed Angelise and so came to visit her. What Momoka didn't realize was that it was going to be a one-way trip. So this episode is supposed to not only serve as a reminder to Angelise what she has lost but also remind the audience that Angelise was also capable of acting like a caring human.
isFN4P5Pzr386.jpg

I guess Angelise has been slacking off on paying for her tampons.
So this whole episode was Momoka trying to convert Angelise back into Angelise and failing. Now that Angelise has gotten a taste of prison life, she can't go back. Angelise also needs to work on her prison cred, she can't be showing signs of weakness to the other bitches in the yard. That's how you get shanked!
So we learn that Momoka is going to be killed because DRAGONS is a national secret. For reasons why, I have no clue but I'm sure there is a good logical reason behind it. Angelise hears about it and realizes that she does indeed like someone washing her back and buys out Momoka.
i7ANf75zAkUly.jpg

o-THE-RAID-2-facebook.jpg

Don't mind them.
I was fully expecting someone to put a put a plastic bag over Momoka's face and drag her off screaming.
irX0YtETEGOVB.jpg

The girls in the background are very disappointed that they don't get to stab someone with their bayonets today. You can actually hear them sigh in the scene.
Instead, we learn that money can buy anything. So remember kids, slavery is a good thing. What the African-Americans should have done back in the 1800s was just buy their slave masters.

Narag

I think I am kinda hoping Death Parade goes The Endless route like Woofington threw out there. Between the one girl being new and the difference in eyes opposed to the rest, it kinda reminds me of the scenario where Daniel replaced Morpheus.

A Certain Scientific Railgun - 2

Before ONII-SAMA the Animation, there was ONEE-SAMA the Animation. Complete with both of them in a setting with a scientific magic high-school.

wonzo

Banned
Maria the Virgin Witch 1

mariavirginwitch1.jpg

I really appreciate the added emphasis on the 100 Year War as it really acts as a counterweight to the source materials more comedy centric focus (still owns tho) and doesn't let the setting go to waste.

NeoForte

2014 Fall Preliminary First Volume Sales

*10,495 *4 Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru [BD+DVD] 
*8,592 *3 Psycho-Pass Season 2 [BD+DVD] 
*8,531 *3 Crossange Tenshi to Ryuu no Rinbu [BD+DVD] 
*7,732 *2 Amagi Brilliant Park [BD+DVD] 
*7,172 *3 Shirobako [BD] 
*5,324 *2 Gundam G no Reconguista [BD+DVD] 
*5,161 *2 Gugure! Kokkuri-san [BD+DVD] 
*4,198 *2 Grisaia no Kajitsu [BD+DVD] 
*3,850 *3 Trinity Seven [BD+DVD] 
*3,540 *2 Madan no Ou to Vanadis [BD+DVD]
*2,948 *2 Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. [BD+DVD] 
---------- Manabi Line (2,899) ----------
*1,882 *2 Terraformars [BD+DVD]  
*1,755 *2 Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de [BD] 
*1,188 *2 Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls [BD] 
*1,114 *2 Hitsugi no Chaika AVENGING BATTLE [BD] 
**,956 *2 Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai [BD] 
**,746 *1 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji [BD+DVD] 
**,622 *1 Denkigai no Honya-san [BD] 
**,464 *1 Gundam Build Fighters Try [BD-BOX+DVD] 
**,419 *1 Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete [BD]

Bolded are new numbers.

Series average:

Black Bullet v7, final volume, sells 1719/475, total 2,394. Series average: 2,567.

Love Live! s2 v6 adds 591, total 46,892.
v7, final volume, adds 2207, total 59,879. Series average: 61,287.

Source

So glad to see Kokkuri San break the line... sad to see inou Battle not make it :(

cajunator

Banned
A Certain Scientific Railgun - 1

Starting this over from the beginning due to my watchbet with Link Man. And I gotta say, I'm glad I switched over to the sub instead of the dub, which I remember watching last time and sort of ended up dropping it.

But watching it subbed, I'm finding it to be much more enjoyable than what I remembered of it. I hope it keeps it up.

This show is so much fun. Electrifying.

wonzo

Banned
Yoru no Yatterman 1

yorunoyatterman1.jpg

Don't really care about the Yatterman series and its iterations but I'm a huge sucker with "baddies turned revolutionaries fighting oppressive heroes" so imma watch the shit outta this. Muromi team certainly delivered the goods visually and it's nice to see them work on something that isn't a gag manga.

Season 1 of Yu Yu Hakusho ends in the middle of a random fight which is blasphemy. Whoever made this is bad and should feel bad.

Pretty decent show, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom