• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuri Kuma Arashi 01-02

What the flying fuck? I'm truly in SHOCK.

Rolling Girls 01

I have no idea what is happening but holy hell that animation.

Death Parade 01

That was pretty interesting, I'll keep watching.

Overall this is a pretty interesting season, even if Yoru no Yatterman still takes my prize of best first episode.

Dog Days S2 Ep. 1

The animation got a lot better. The tailors and armorers of this world certainly has not. I have to say this studio is really good at the spontaneous clothes ripping apart animation. Very realistic.

Third princess is cute too. Its crazy how polite everyone is in this world. And cute.

Dog Days S2 Ep. 2

That was the weirdest and lewdest magical girl transformation ever. Didnt expect tentacles.

Dog Days S2 Ep. 3

ZMkdNVd.png

IxAMRno.png

The battle was fun to watch. Wish Little Witch Academia 2 would hurry up and come out.

She's incredible math(GITS: SAC) Season 1

I watched ARISE. Now I want to see the good GITS. Easily the best OP/ED an anime has ever had. Imagine Psyho-Pass but with enjoyable and lovable characters. Season 1 has some really good episodes I enjoyed; the episodes focusing on Aramaki and Batou were some of my favorites. Last episode still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, with the ass-pull explaining away half the plot and cliffhanger.

I've consumed most of the GITS material, except the Manga. Is it worth a read? Any recommendations?

Jarmel

Banned
Cross Ange-7
Pretty boring episode. Ange being a bitch like always and the Captain is tearing her hair out trying to make the team come together. There were two highlights though:

So we get a DRAGON virgin this episode.

Sick Ange is best character design.

Next episode looks to have some possible incest rape drama with the sister so I'm looking forward to that.

Branduil

Yuri Bear Storm 2

iBGyeLX0dZH5Y.jpg
itbnEdcU4qLYd.jpg

I want Kureha's house.

I can't say I'm fond of the direction this show is going. The show needs to do something to make us care about the characters, but right now everything is getting overwhelmed by Ikuhara-isms and plot twists. His weirdness only works if it's applied to interesting characters that we're invested in, and right now Kureha is failing that test. And I think the pacing is just too frenetic- there's not enough time spent on establishing mood and atmosphere.

Link Man

Banned
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 5

Nanoha sure is philosophical for a 3rd-grader.

Wow, Suzuka's family really pampers the help, sending them to an onsen.

Oh, also, onsen episode.

Um..........................................................................

ANYWAY, seems like Nanoha's dad has a secret.

And we meet an orange-haired woman. With a jewel in her forehead. Who's telepathic.

Fate and Arf. I really hope these are codenames. That they're using in a private telepathic conversation. Crap.

Who exactly is the target audience for this show?
Don't answer that.

Holy fish-eye lens, Nanoha!

So yeah, this series is starting to get mofu.

Welp, seems this episode's budget all went to the Bardiche transformation scene.

Also, a bit ironic that the onsen episode skips the lewd magical girl transformation.

Huh, Fate (ugh) is pretty ruthless. And I'm actually surprised at how melanchoy this series is getting.

Jarmel

Banned
Cross Ange-8
Another boring episode, this time focused on beach fanservice. Too bad I've seen the entire cast naked at this point so this does nothing for me. I guess this is supposed to be the calm before the storm. People are too happy right now so I expect shit to get dark soon.
ivaqVhdi3QMsg.jpg

Ange truly is the scumbag of 2014.

Reknoc

Death Parade 1

Felt like a bad version of Death Billiards but at the same time felt necessary to reintroduce the base concept so the TV show can be self-contained without being overly reliant on the initial Anime Mirai OVA. Cast looks expanded considerably judging by the OP so interested in seeing where that goes and like the theory that the games are ultimately meaningless and are just observational tools for Decim.

I watched Billiards for the first time pretty much right after finishing Parade and i think I overall preferred the episode to the OVA. Found the couple to be more interesting and liked the extra rule in darts.

DiGiKerot

I just watched Wake Up, Girls and I really liked it.

The animation was pretty terrible, but I guess the drama and whatnot was decent?

Watched the Crunchyroll/broadcast version, I take it? They didn't do anything to fix the glaring animation errors in parts of the movie, but I'm told they redid a lot of the roughest scenes in the TV show for the BDs, taking it up to the Acceptable level!

There wasn't that much focus on a few of the characters unlike other idol shows which is kind of sad. I like it when we get to learn more about the characters, still there's enough to get everyones personalities.

Well, maybe you'll find out more about them in the new WUG movie, due out later this year. Yoppi has had a real radical haircut!

Thoraxes

rolling girls 1

aots

I just hope it actually keeps it up and doesn't go to shit real fast after the first ep.
I just watched Wake Up, Girls and I really liked it.

The animation was pretty terrible, but I guess the drama and whatnot was decent? I enjoyed it more than im@s at least. I thought the president of the company was gonna be super shady and be a main focus after the movie and how she just up and left, but good thing it wasn't and she ended up being a pretty cool character. I think it could have been a better show with a few more episodes, but you know how cours are, plus animation probably would have suffered even more lol. There wasn't that much focus on a few of the characters unlike other idol shows which is kind of sad. I like it when we get to learn more about the characters, still there's enough to get everyones personalities.

I liked how they used the live footage of the voice actresses to do the next episode stuff too! Also random 9/11 reference in show kind of threw me off.

Let it be known the only reason I watched it was because the one and only time I used @waifubot was because it gave me the maid cafe girl as my waifu haha. She ended up being a pretty cool character too!
You've been healed by Yamakan.

Yoru no Yatterman 1

When I heard Muromi team, I wasn't expecting something so... somber.

Dammit, I was planning on cutting down on anime this season :(

Syrinx

Kinmoza 1

Uh...A for effort on the English I guess. Probably shouldn't have had her go to England though. You probably could've pulled it off as Canadian for just the one episode.

Jarmel

Banned
Cross Ange-9
idPooFqsls82n.jpg

iRzN98SVa5HH6.jpg

Rule 1: You can never go home
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

I can't stop fucking laughing hahahaha
This whole fucking thing is just so goddamn stupid. I mean the idea behind this plan is so mindblowingly stupid.
So you trick your sister into coming home despite her being isolated in a place nobody has heard of, just so that you can kill her. Instead of killing her in the first goddamn place or just leaving her be and attracting attention to the whole debacle again in the first place. There are two additional amazing things about this plan. The first is that it depends on your sister being a good person and trying to help you, all so you can kill her. Like what the fuck, that's some psychopath type logic. "I hate her and think the world would be a better place if she was dead but I'll use the knowledge that she actually does care for me to kill her". The second is couldn't they just order her execution at the base? It's not like they treat Normas like humans anyway.
This episode also reinforced how fucking dumb this society is written, and not in a 'discrimination is bad' way but a 'none of this shit makes any fucking sense' way. At least I get to see nu-Nina wielding a knife, it's a good twist on the handicapped imouto garbage.
Hilda's homecoming was just as good if not better. It's exactly like a trainwreck in that you know it's coming but you can't look away. The apple pie and the fact that the mother named the new daughter the exact same name was too good. The icing on the apple pie was the fact that the mother still ratted her out despite saying she wouldn't.

Jarmel

Banned
Cross Ange-10
Wade in the water
Wade in the water, children
Wade in the water
God's gonna trouble the water
Who's that yonder dressed in red?
Wade in the water
Must be the children that Moses led
And God's gonna trouble the water
Wade in the water
Wade in the water
Who's that yonder dressed in white?
Wade in the water
Must be the children of the Israelites
Wade in the water
Wade in the water
Who's that yonder dressed in blue?
Must be the children that's coming through
God's gonna trouble the water, yeah
Wade in the water
Wade in the water
And God's gonna trouble the water

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
first having claimed victory over idol anime, yamakan seeks to claim the crown of idol gag spinoffs

It also claims the crown for darkest anime.

I'm surprised you haven't seen WUG. I thought you watched episode 0 long ago.

Pooya

I'm seeing a punch with heart sparkle and a heart shaped face...

forgot both had the same heart shaped lucky charm too. Long lost sister confirmed.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Episode 14:

Okay, first of I literally burst out laughing when this series introduced a character called Lucas Nemesis and apparently that is his real name. Anyway, this was a pretty utilitarian transitional episode, it is not bad, but it isn't going to win any awards either. The main jobs here are finishing up the establishment of the supporting cast for the Nationals, the building of rivalries, and the application of the lessons learned from training camp. I will say I think the first series did a much better job establishing the supporting cast and indeed rivalries but the team format necessitates some of this expedition, not all of it considering it would have been nice to see some of these characters interspersed through the first half of the series. That being said I do think that overall Try actually handed its tournament transition better then season one, if only because it seems like our protagonists have so much more to learn and then actually feel like underdogs. That was always a problem I had with Sei and Reiji, despite all of the efforts to portray them as underdogs they were very clearly a combined Brock Lesnar of Gunpla.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 5

Nanoha sure is philosophical for a 3rd-grader.

Wow, Suzuka's family really pampers the help, sending them to an onsen.

Oh, also, onsen episode.

Um..........................................................................

ANYWAY, seems like Nanoha's dad has a secret.

And we meet an orange-haired woman. With a jewel in her forehead. Who's telepathic.

Fate and Arf. I really hope these are codenames. That they're using in a private telepathic conversation. Crap.

Who exactly is the target audience for this show?
Don't answer that.

Holy fish-eye lens, Nanoha!

So yeah, this series is starting to get mofu.

Welp, seems this episode's budget all went to the Bardiche transformation scene.

Also, a bit ironic that the onsen episode skips the lewd magical girl transformation.

Huh, Fate (ugh) is pretty ruthless. And I'm actually surprised at how melanchoy this series is getting.
You can guess about nanoha familly, but it's not revealed in nanoha works...
It's a special familly no doubt
If after the S2 , you have no idea what this familly does, i can tell you :)

Kinmoza 1

Uh...A for effort on the English I guess. Probably shouldn't have had her go to England though. You probably could've pulled it off as Canadian for just the one episode.
Hello !!
Hello ? helllllloooo
Damn i wish i knew "hello" was enough instead of learning all those words.

trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycincc3wLos looks as GOOD as the anime.

The new character is Naomi, the bloody uniform Ange first gets has that name on it. lol

Ok interest picked.
I guess i'm gonna resume my cross ange viewing ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom