• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dagashi Kashi 3

I'm dropping this. If it's what you're looking to watch it'd be great, but the humor isn't enough, the characters aren't doing it for me and the candy trivia I just don't give a fuck about. If it was candy I would recognize in stores then maybe there would be that aspect of information and recognition, but it won't happen.

kewlmyc

You're probably thinking of Rapeman, although it wasn't serial killers.

3PZs7Pg.png

Why does this exist?

GATE 15

Don't feel as if Itami is making the right decisions here. Tuka needs medical help, not him faking as her father, and especially not going on a suicide mission to kill a freaking dragon. They won't die though, since the series would be over then. Eh, at least we'll have more Rory scenes next episode. Also sleeping naked with your father is apparently an elf tradition. Who would have though?

Ojisan and Marshmellow 1-3

That was surprisingly comfy. His coworker is thirsty as fuck.

Dagashi Kashi 3

I'm dropping this. If it's what you're looking to watch it'd be great, but the humor isn't enough, the characters aren't doing it for me and the candy trivia I just don't give a fuck about. If it was candy I would recognize in stores then maybe there would be that aspect of information and recognition, but it won't happen.

It does feel like a series that wouldn't work at all outside Japan. It'll get a terrible Funi dub regardless though.

GATE 15

Don't feel as if Itami is making the right decisions here. Tuka needs medical help, not him faking as her father, and especially not going on a suicide mission to kill a freaking dragon. They won't die though, since the series would be over then. Eh, at least we'll have more Rory scenes next episode. Also sleeping naked with your father is apparently an elf tradition. Who would have though?

Hey, he talked to what looked like a medical professional! Pretty much got a 'revenge can work' endorsement from the guy too.

The entire episode was pretty much everyone telling him to put that pesky logic away and just kill the dragon.

manfestival

I just finished watching fafner exodus and now its time for me to return to nothingness because that ending is like a mixed bag of emotions

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
"I'M THE FUKKEN RAPEMAN!!!"
- Rapeman

What.

Probably should be how most shows start:

"I'M THE FUKKEN SAILOR MOON!!!"
-Sailor Moon

"I'M THE FUKKEN iDOLM@STER!!!"
- The iDOLM@STER

"I'M THE FUKKEN COWBOY BEBOP!!!"
-Cowboy Bebop at his computer

EDIT: Though I think it be best if we steered the topic in another direction. Who's do you predict will be your favourite member of Aqours, the idol group from the new Love Live spinoff Sunshine?

Sakura

Dagashi Kashi 3

I dunno.
Even knowing the candy I don't think it is very funny at all.
I'm not really sure why the show is seemingly so popular. Character designs?

Qurupeke

I dunno.

I hoped it would be similar to Nozaki kun's comedy, but it's far from that. Its only saving grace are the character designs, yeah. Basically, only Hotaru and Saya...

I dunno.

Thats part of it. I like it because everyone in the show is enthusiastic about stupid shit, and I like learning about little factoids Ill never use.

EDIT: Though I think it be best if we steered the topic in another direction. Who's do you predict will be your favourite member of Aqours, the idol group from the new Love Live spinoff Sunshine?

Based off artwork alone I'd say the blue haired one with the bun. She has a tiny hat in one of the promo images.

Wouldn't be as effective because there's no real subterraneans in that scenario.

Oh yeah, they did that thing. Fine, then just as Saitama is sighing have him hear a commotion outside, rush to his balcony, he sees the puny king loudly boast, gets excited, goes to punch him, bam they're all knocked into oblivion. He goes "Eh?" Then have your sharp cut to end credits.

pbayne

Pantema Inverted

A movie that really knows how to milk its gimmick. I think the whole movie was designed around how to get as many cool camera angles and shots to show off the characters different perspectives. Plus it has some really lovely backgrounds and is very playful with its setting and has some cool twists.

Everything else is a bit lacking. Characters, story, music are all a bit meh. Like the main couple spend a total of maybe 5 minutes together and then the show expects me to feel that something big has happened when they re-unite later. Everything feels a bit rushed.

For example like the evil government guys. Yeah they make sense from a thematic point that they're bigoted control freaks that refuse to see things from other people's perspective but they feel really undercooked and just a bit unnecessary.

But it was still good overall despite its flaws. Id like to see get another movie or tv series out it but fuck just go full sci-fi slice-of-life with it, theres no need for the actiony drama.

kewlmyc

I dunno.

I think it's mostly the character designs yes. Even before getting an anime, all I ever heard was "Hotaru best girl" or "Saya best girl." Didn't even know the show was a candy comedy until checking out a few chapters of the manga.

Line_HTX

Thats part of it. I like it because everyone in the show is enthusiastic about stupid shit, and I like learning about little factoids Ill never use.

I like these factoids too plus their enthusiasm is probably how they would pass the time given that by the looks of things they live in the countryside.

Also, Hotaru and Saya's faces are just funny to see for the most part. But yeah, I could see why people are dropping this left and right.

World Trigger Episode 63 – A Reversed Future
CZcHTSSWEAE-Rv_.png

Wow the original storyline is over, what?! I thought we would have much more content and the scientist lady has even been dealt with. Im unsure what they are doing.

At least they got screentime, and more importantly, canon next week!
HYUSE!!!!

e_i

GATE episode 15

Good to see the girls front and center again. Also, Pina is going to
kill Noriko?
Wha?

e_i

Nene is frightningly psycho when someone hurts, or tries to molest Clarion. It's only a matter a time before she goes yandere. Maybe she already is.

Russ T

Banned
Opened up Funimation on my PS4 to watch Dagashi Kashi and realized... I have zero desire to watch it. It's just not funny. So I guess I'm dropping that. Also Sekkou Boys, the gimmick just isn't enough to keep it going.

However.

DurararaX2 Ketsu - 03

Continues the trend of the previous two episodes, everything coming to a head. This season's gonna be gooooood.

Haikyu!! 2 - 16

Daichi. D: D:

OP and ED so good. Love this ED especially. Mmm.

pbayne

Nurse Witch Komugi 3

A perfect 20 minutes of anime really. Still AOTS.

Id implore anyone to check out the CG scene in this episode, its beyond impressive.

Other than that I love that the girls still can't recognize each other. The logic this show runs on and the in universe weirdness is incredible. Id watch that show they were filming it looked so insane. And jeez there's even some romance now, Tsukasa the best so far.

pbayne

Haikyuu 16

Brutal way to end the episode. I hope karasuno kind of disintegrate next week to emphasis how important
Daichi
is to the team.

Cornbread78

Utawarerumono ep.16
Excellent episode with a very somber backdrop as Haku ties to recover from his mental trauma from the war. At the same time, that whole naked dance scene was hilarious. Poor Haku even gets beat up by Kouen in that situation, lol. I'm surprised that the show hasn't tried to ship those two kids,even though it would be a natural progression to the story. Either way, it was a great episode.

Speaking of Nurse Witch Komugi, has anyone seen The Soultaker: Tamashii Gari? She's apparently originally from that and then KyoAni + Tatusunoko made the Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Magikarte OVAs which ended up spawning the newest series.

I just finished watching fafner exodus and now its time for me to return to nothingness because that ending is like a mixed bag of emotions

It's already been almost a month since it ended, and I still have that empty feeling now that it's over. Maybe I'll start my rewatch of it, pick up on all the confusing parts in the early half of Dead Aggressor now that I actually know who is who and what means what.

And there also seems to be an event for it next week, so maybe there's a chance at an announcement. Or maybe it's too soon to hope for that.

pbayne

Speaking of Nurse Witch Komugi, has anyone seen The Soultaker: Tamashii Gari? She's apparently originally from that and then KyoAni + Tatusunoko made the Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Magikarte OVAs which ended up spawning the newest series.

yep I saw that too but i can't find anywhere to watch the old ova's. And ive heard Soultaker's not that great.

It's already been almost a month since it ended, and I still have that empty feeling now that it's over. Maybe I'll start my rewatch of it, pick up on all the confusing parts in the early half of Dead Aggressor now that I actually know who is who and what means what.

And there also seems to be an event for it next week, so maybe there's a chance at an announcement. Or maybe it's too soon to hope for that.

I just want my Akira Nishio...

So I didn't continue Bubuki Buranki after the first episode, because it sounds like the second episode is awful.

That said, why is this helmet?
iQ05QfB.png

Why is it?

Jarmel

Banned
BBK-3
wlrC4X3.jpg

This part of the ED is cool and the finished OP is actually not bad.
This was better than the first two. That said, it's still a bad show as they just blurt events or characters out without actually showing or properly developing them.

The main character is the most bland human being alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom