• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to watch a movie that tries to make Deadpool into a character.

Even if it's done ironically.

Deadpool is a background character who should show up every once and a while to point out how stupid comics are.

And then he should go back to being a background character.

Crocodile

It's not impossible to take the lore from one of these games and make a good anime out of it, but it'd require an imaginative director who is skilled with atmosphere and brave enough to make a lonely, desolate series, as well as a production committee that's willing to give free rein to the anime staff. That's a highly unlikely situation. I'd rather someone try to make an original anime incorporating some of the qualities people like from SMT and Souls. No need to pull in the game IP.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying here. It just seemed to me people were saying it straight up couldn't be done. It would take a deft hand to craft something compelling without a pre-packaged narrative or script and, frankly, writing is probably the one thing I'm continuously disappointed by in the Japanese animation industry. So it would be tough, but it could be done. Of course there is value in going for something original but there is no denying attaching a big IP is a good way to get additional eyes on your project, more sales and likely more support from potential sponsors to actually fund your shit. This is to say nothing of anyone at the potential anime studio that were to make this hypothetical project being being fans of the IP and wanting to work on it of their own volition.

Ah, one thing I hate more then Zack Snyder is Deadpool. Nicely done.

Hatin' on Deadpool? That seems like an unusual opinion. At least I think it is?

Mailbox

Erased 6

This was a great episode, idk why some of you guys thought it wasn't.
Felt stronger than episodes 4 and 5 for me.

I also really liked the ending of this episode. By the way some of you were talking about it, it sounded like it was just as bad as the ending of episode 3 (despite being an excellent episode, you have to admit that last shot was shit). This ending, for me, cemented the killer's hubris as well as a nice artistic way of giving Satoru his final piece of the puzzle.

I will admit, though, that I do like the "past" episodes better mostly due to the direction, framing, and cinematic (almost memory-esque) feel to it. I feel like people would have probably liked this episode a lot more if episode 5 didn't happen, or if episode 5 was more like this one.

It's seems the reception of the Deadpool movie is pretty great and that it was funnier than expected. So far many good impressions.

Now I'm really hyped, can't wait to watch it.

Szadek

Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu - Ep 6
Well, this epsiode was shit.
From the title I guess that this was supposes to be the parody of an fanservie episode.
If it that was the case, then it failed,because it was just a FS episode.

Qurupeke

Erased was a 10/10 show but it has become a 8 or 9 show right now, at least for me. It's still good but now the kid detective stuff I didn't want has become a better option than multiple revivals. Because that's definitely not the end of them. It's still the best show of the season for me, as I don't feel like watching Rakugo after ep. 1, but it definitely seems disappointing after episodes 2 and 3. It still can have great scenes and a good ending though, it might be saved.

Diodiablo

Banned
Deadpool is way better now than in 90s.

In the 90s he was drawn by Rob Liefeld, the dog of the drawing board, the illiterate of the pencil.

Never forget

latest

jgminto

Wrong because Stardust Crusaders is better then Battle Tendency. You Joseph stans don't know when to quit
Part 2 stans are the worst, there are few actually memorable moments in Part 2 and they're pretty much all limited to the Pillar Men fights. Part 3's format is a bit rough compared to later parts but almost every stand battle has some memorable moment.

NeonZ

Part 2 stans are the worst, there are few actually memorable moments in Part 2 and they're pretty much all limited to the Pillar Men fights. Part 3's format is a bit rough compared to later parts but almost every stand battle has some memorable moment.

Most of Part 2 are the pillar man fights though. There aren't a bunch of random throw away opponents that only exist to set up battles, unlike in Part 3.

blurr

SDC was consistently good in its experience albeit not stand out (excuse the pun).

Battle Tendency had a stronger second half. Personally enjoyed the first half a lot too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Look, you can have guilty pleasures and like monocle stuff at the same time. Like how I'm able to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Love Live back to back.

Ah, so shows like Love Live are what people describe as monocle. I think I'm beginning to understand.

fertygo

Erased was a 10/10 show but it has become a 8 or 9 show right now, at least for me. It's still good but now the kid detective stuff I didn't want has become a better option than multiple revivals. Because that's definitely not the end of them. It's still the best show of the season for me, as I don't feel like watching Rakugo after ep. 1, but it definitely seems disappointing after episodes 2 and 3. It still can have great scenes and a good ending though, it might be saved.

Middle part is always the boring one tho

Even for anime like Ping Pong, who remember its eps 4-6

OK eps 6 actually damn good at Ping Pong but eps 4-5 is your usual fare of staff "ok usual schedule fuckery, let sacrifice these to made epic late eps"

Mailbox

OK eps 6 actually damn good at Ping Pong but eps 4-5 is your usual fare of staff "ok usual schedule fuckery, let sacrifice these to made epic late eps"

I tend never to judge an anime based on its middle episodes for this very reason.

Anywho...

Dog and Scissors episode 3

This show is just as bad as i remember it. Not a damn thing good about it. Everything is stock LN tropes done horribly mixed with just fucking terrible characters and animal abuse.

Who the hell thought this show (or even the source material) was worth creating?
Probably the same stupid assholes who thought analogous rape was sexy in diabolik lovers

Anywho, this episode cemented it, my most hated anime currently are:

1: Diabolik lovers
2: Dog and Scissors
3: Upotte
4: Vampire Holmes
5: Mayo Chiki

Mailbox

Why do you hate Upotte?

I could go on about the bad plot arcs, horribly inconsistent rules, the weird sexualization moments of 14-15 year old girls, the utter disregard for gun safety (slapstick by having someone shot is not funny), or even the flanderization of a certain character despite it being a 1 cour anime.
so, pretty much everything
But all in all, the show made me want to tear my eyes out.
It was beyond painful to watch.

phaze

5 pages ? You guys need to calmato.

Ah yeh, gotta check out that series eventually. Dunno if it's the type of show I'd like at all but can't hurt giving it a try with how well regarded it is.

This won't go well.

Wrong because Stardust Crusaders is better then Battle Tendency. You Joseph stans don't know when to quit

No.

If Erased is a thriller then I'm finding it failing in that genre. There was little in the past two episodes that provided any sort of tension. You never get the sense that Satoru is hunted nor that he is overtly worried about the cops.
In this episode the cops essentially come out of nowhere and arrest him.

We were shown a car that started trailing Airi the moment she went out of the hospital.

Nah, there's a level of difference between liking Strike Witches or Symphogear and liking Absolute Duo or Mahouka

The likelihood of getting FBI knocking at your door ?
The Persona 3 Movies are pretty good.

So, speaking of those, do they actually offer a semi-coherent story for someone who hasn't played the game ? (Dropped that pile of trash 30 minutes in).

Erased 06

Yeah, slap a mighty fine moustache upon my face cause I liked it. It avoided the writing pitfalls that dragged down the previous episode and the stuff that irritates people; red eyes, deliberate obfuscation of people's faces, bother me none. Not really sure what was wrong with the ending, thought it was a really well done bit but I guess I'm always sucker for those zoom out of the eye moments ... I do however agree with Jarmel that given that Satoru is a hunted escapee, his nonchalant frolicking about the city doesn't feel appropriate.

Well, i think Shirobako's middle part become freaking crazy and goes with even more crazy with each new episode.

Mailbox

Mayo Chiki? What is wrong with it?

With the amount of people questioning my bottom 5 anime, i'm becoming a little concerned

Its a little hard to pinpoint with mayo chiki. The first time i watched it i thought it was completely meh and hated the ending (or lack there of). Some of the characters rubbed me the wrong way.

The second time i watched it (don't ask why i rewatched it, i have no clue) i just really didn't like it. the main character, the scenario, the whole lot of it just didn't gel for me.

TBH its more of a placeholder #5 than a real #5

Cornbread78

With the amount of people questioning my bottom 5 anime, i'm becoming a little concerned

Its a little hard to pinpoint with mayo chiki. The first time i watched it i thought it was completely meh and hated the ending (or lack there of). Some of the characters rubbed me the wrong way.

The second time i watched it (don't ask why i rewatched it, i have no clue) i just really didn't like it. the main character, the scenario, the whole lot of it just didn't gel for me.

TBH its more of a placeholder #5 than a real #5

I thought it was fun, but yeah, it did have flaws. The comedy was good at least.

Mailbox

I'm on episode 5 of dog and scissors...

I didn't think it was possible for a terrible show to jump the shark but... here it does.

Jeez...

[Mujin Wakusei Survive] - 11~15

ksH1P9t.jpg

The wonders of Australia megafauna?

Why is Howard still alive? Maybe he's the example of what not to be, to keep the good kids on line or maybe because he can speak his mind about the others, but in most cases it was because "he" wanted to slack off or something even he couldn't do. He doesn't help of his own free will, he has to be forced to work, instead he goes out of his way to to thwart their work or put the blame on others, like he did on episode 12. He's a liability to them.
And it rubs me the wrong way the difference between his errors and the errors of the others are treated, but not that much because in Kaoru, Menori and Bell case they can think for themselves and reflect on their actions.

Luna's power is still strange, it shows the memories of others, and warns of dangers?

Now they have it pretty easy, since they found a pretty useful pack animal, they build a house for themselves with everything they need, even a shower(why?)...they started producing their own food on their own fertile soil(it grows so fast). They hunted down their principal predator, the giant lizard. Things are going well.

Now that they have satisfied their physiological and safety needs, Shingo starts longing for his family and remember they have to try fix the communication device to have a chance of getting out of "Australia". :p

Oh, and AncientAliens.jpg

Just T

Erased: 6

Well I was going to move past the whole chocolate thing but then they opened the episode right with it.
I still think it’s a bit ridiculous and more so after seeing Anri’s mother lament over the situation for a brief moment. Of course it connects to Anri’s trust in Satoru but it’s just a shame they didn’t have a stronger backstory there or at least gave it a bit more depth but that’s that lol.

As for the bulk of the episode, I think it was alright, better than the last.
Good and all that the manager helped Satoru get Anri out but the dude is still creepy and he must have still been hanging around the area which makes him even weirder.
It’s been brought up constantly how bothersome the red eyes can be, if the point is to paint people in a malicious light there are other ways they could of did it, unless the culprit can see through their eyes or some shit like that but I doubt that. On that note, not sure how I feel about the journalist so far but I have a bit of doubt for most characters so far tbh.

During the first episodes I was wondering when we would jump back to the present and was a bit eager just to see how they would do it. Strangely enough, I feel like just a bit of tension has been lost, which of course shouldn’t be the case considering the predicament Satoru’s still in. I suppose with the past it had a tighter grip on the time Satoru had left and had a prevalent feeling about it. Nonetheless, it’s good that he got a second to gain more info and process it, plus a fleeting calm personal moment. Though he seems to be a bit too much in the open, doesn’t he?

My minor complaints aside, I’m still enjoying this a lot. What a cliffhanger that was.

Ojisan and Marshmallow: 6

Was really hoping they wouldn’t eat those marshmallows lol.

I'm spending this long weekend at Montreal, as soon as I come back I'm hitting up the theaters for Deadpool too. I didn't even need the reviews to know that this is a movie that I would enjoy.

I hope people see the Finest Hours instead. It was really good, webbah.

Assassination Classroom Episode 28

I loved this arc in the manga and it was good for one episode in the anime, the school looked fantastic.

Shota that was chomping on Terasaka was the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom