• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saeki's gym clothes are a metaphor for a shameful, obsessive sin which you carry close by you: you hate it and wish you could be rid of it, but at the same time you can't bring yourself to give it up. Even if I can't sympathize with the particulars of Kasuga's situation, I can symphatize with his general psychological state.

So then Nakamura is really about realizing that the sin in question is not really a sin.

phaze

Kare Kano 17
ka4huzv.jpg
imagesdjspo.jpg

I'm impressed, they managed to make a 7 minute ridiculously heavy drama skit out of the fact that Arima got hotter after coming back from his trip.

Cornbread78

Kare Kano 17
I'm impressed, they managed to make a 7 minute ridiculously heavy drama skit out of the fact that Arima got hotter after coming back from his trip.

I need to get back to watching this. I got side tracked after the drama in EP.9 and haven't gone back yet.

I hope they change the animation for the op back, i dont know why this fanservice was switched in.

I do enjoy the slow pace Grimgar is moving at but theres only 6more episodes left. Not sure if ill end satisfied.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Finished watching Akame ga Kill the other day. I liked the action, but wish they'd developed the characters more. The show just seemed to be going for shock value by killing off people left and right and I became numb to it after a while. =\

The Akame ga Kill manga is better. The pacing isn't as rushed so you spend more time with a lot of the characters and the deaths are more impactful. However, the truth of the show "When two teigu users meet one of them dies" is pretty much how you have to look at it. If you see two people fighting, rarely if ever, does anyone not die. Once you've accepted that as the consequences of the world I find it's easier to get into.

I'm not gonna pretend the writing was stellar and as a result all the deaths made me feel shit but I will say I liked it a hell of a lot more than most shows/manga that throw around "DEATH CAN HAPPEN AT ANY TIME OOGIE BOOGIE LOOK HOW REAL THIS IS" crap writing like Walking Dead or Terraformars who cannot for the life of them pull off that idea effectively. The show pretty much lets you know from the start "Yo, every time you see a fight someone will die."

It's enjoyable for what it is, that is overwhelmingly crushing despair. I didn't find it really all to edgy or tryhard just because they let you know what the world is like pretty early.

Osomatsu 19

I'm really glad they carried over from last episode, even for a really short joke. Anyways, skit based episode but it was actually pretty good. sasuga osomatsu 2nd half

If this is what the future of anime is going to be like, then I'm out LOL. It's just so jarring to see real human movements on cartoons.

Don't ever watch Mamoru Oishii stuff then.

Both have bad writing. Just look at how Lubba was handled.

True but your example is bad

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
As I expected I finished up HxH today.
Must be the best shonen I've watched with only FMA:B even close, also one of my relatively few 10/10s for me.

Now it's time to wait and see if the manga goes off hiatus and we get a new anime adaption in a few years (10+years or never would be my guess ;))

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tatami Galaxy 1

So I never actually watched the whole thing I believe. I dropped it very early as it was airing because I didn't like the style.

Good thing I have taste now so I can enjoy it for what it is.

As I expected I finished up HxH today.
Must be the best shonen I've watched with only FMA:B even close, also one of my relatively few 10/10s for me.

Now it's time to wait and see if the manga goes off hiatus and we get a new anime adaption in a few years (10+years or never would be my guess ;))

Don't count on it.

Now watch Gintama.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Don't count on it.

Now watch Gintama.

Yeah my "obsession" over HxH kind off postponed my gintama plans but I should be fine to continue now.

Also all the seasonal anime that I haven't watched for 2 weeks, well everything but erased because I still think it's a great show and it took priority.

Shirayukehime - 18

Seed trick was a convenient, but kinda neat maneuver. Nice to see the use of the birds that was introduced in the past, and not simply forgotten.
I'm assuming the chief / someone else in the mountain village is
related to Shirayuki and that's the reason for the 'kidnapping'. Pretty boy also said something (I can't remember what tho!) last episode that hinted that way.
I recall her saying she was born in the mountains, and since these goons are fighting pirates, bandits and whatnot, she was probably sent to her grandparents for safety reasons.

Good to see Kiki getting some screen time, her moment with Zen and the comrade was funny. With that ending I'm expecting to see more of Kiki as well, and Raj on the ocean will be a sight to see.
Pirate lady really needs a captains hat!

Durarara X2 29

Kasane's plan seems to be going off without a hitch.
Shinra's now possessed by her Saika and now Celty isn't thinking rationally anymore. I also think we are beginning to see the first signs of Shizaya being canonically sunk for Shiona. DTL am cry.

I need more DRRR. Next episode.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The number of people complaining about this makes me think you guys just deserve the worst brand of CG garbage on every show.
So then Nakamura is really about realizing that the sin in question is not really a sin.
Nakamura is a road to ruin. I don't feel like her storyline ever really turns to a realization that the sin indulged in is acceptable.

Durarara X2 30

I see Mikado's insane side has progressed quite far since the start of X2. Most of episode focused of Mikado, Masomi and Anri which is possibly the set up for the least interesting episode this cour. Still decent overall.

Osomatsu - 19

I found next to nothing in this episode to be funny, and throughout I was pretty uninterested. The change in setting for the first half was something I enjoyed though.
Sad to be coming from one of my favorite episodes (previous one), to one of my least of this show.

Sterok

Shirayukihime 18

If we're supposed to feel sympathetic to Kazuki, it's not working. Shirayuki's escape plans are never going to be allowed to work are they. Hey, Kiki is going to do something. That's a nice change of pace.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I don't get it. It looks fine to me!

It's more the sudden change in comparison to the rest of the animation in the film (so you have to watch it in conjunction with everything else rather than just a standalone clip). Also it's such a quiet scene that the really fluid animation is almost at odds with the action. You would have thought rotoscoping would have been saved for a scene involving dancing or something.

And by the reactions to said clip it's clear that this is the first time many have seen it, indicating many haven't seen the film. This is appalling and I expect you all to fix the error of your ways by the end of this week.

Ala Alba

Not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask, but I didn't see another general anime topic, so here goes:

I'm very much behind on my anime watching, and I'm trying to catch up by season. I think I'm mostly done with Summer 2015, but I want to make sure I didn't miss something really good.

So far, I've more or less enjoyed watching:
* Symphogear GX
* GATE
* Overlord
* Charlotte
* Rokka
* School Live
* Fate/kaleid

I watched, but can't say I enjoyed Chaos Dragon, and I didn't bother watching more than a few episodes of Monster Musume, Himouto, and Sky Wizards Academy. Someday, I'll probably get around to watching Working season 3.

Anymore anime from that season worth watching?

phaze

Not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask, but I didn't see another general anime topic, so here goes:

I'm very much behind on my anime watching, and I'm trying to catch up by season. I think I'm mostly done with Summer 2015, but I want to make sure I didn't miss something really good.

* Symphogear GX
* GATE
* Overlord
* Charlotte
* Rokka
* School Live
* Fate/kaleid

I watched, but can't say I enjoyed Chaos Dragon, and I didn't bother watching more than a few episodes of Monster Musume, Himouto, and Sky Wizards Academy. Someday, I'll probably get around to watching Working season 3.

Maybe Soma and The Boring World where the concept of dirty jokes doesn't exist? (or somewhat similar title)

* Symphogear GX
* GATE
* Overlord
* Charlotte
* Rokka
* School Live
* Fate/kaleid

What I think worth checking out from Summer 2015 TV anime:

Ushio and Tora
Working!!! (watch the previous season first)
Sore ga Seiyuu

Ala Alba

Maybe Soma and The Boring World where the concept of dirty jokes doesn't exist? (or somewhat similar title)

Soma as in Shougeki no Soma?

I'll pass on "The Boring World", the synopsis seems outside my area of interest (much like Prison School).

What I think worth checking out from Summer 2015 TV anime:

Ushio and Tora
Working!!! (watch the previous season first)
Sore ga Seiyuu

I got another recommendation for Ushio and Tora, so I'll give that a try. Working!!! is on my list already. Sore ga Seiyuu would have to be exceptionally good to get past my general dislike of 4koma-based 4CuteGirls SoL genre.

You can't go wrong with Non Non Biyori Repeat!

edit:
Sore ga Seiyuu would have to be exceptionally good to get past my general dislike of 4koma-based 4CuteGirls SoL genre.

ehh, well nevermind then!

I got another recommendation for Ushio and Tora, so I'll give that a try. Working!!! is on my list already. Sore ga Seiyuu would have to be exceptionally good to get past my general dislike of 4koma-based 4CuteGirls SoL genre.

Sore ga Seiyuu is not based on a 4-koma, and it's a really well done portrait of the struggles of people attempting to make it in the seiyuu/voice acting industry. But if you're allergic to cute girls, that's too bad.

Ala Alba

Sore ga Seiyuu is not based on a 4-koma, and it's a really well done portrait of the struggles of people attempting to make it in the seiyuu/voice acting industry. But if you're allergic to cute girls, that's too bad.

I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to defend myself, but given the list of anime I more or less enjoyed, I obviously don't have a problem with cute girls. I'm just not interested in SoL cute girl antics.

Sore ga Seiyuu is not based on a 4-koma

Eh? Isn't it? What's the style of the four panel comic it's based on called then?

I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to defend myself, but given the list of anime I more or less enjoyed, I obviously don't have a problem with cute girls. I'm just not interested in SoL cute girl antics.

But it's not cute girl antics. It's about the voice actor industry written by a voice actress and with guest appearances with voice actors as themselves.

Decided to continue to watch Monogatari: Second Season and I'm right in the middle of snail girl's arc and I have to stop here. I really am put off by the lolicon tendencies Araragi has, like jesus christ. Everything about this show is great but that.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Seiyu's Life! (それが声優! Sore ga Seiyū!, lit. That is a Voice Actor!?) is a comedy 4-panel dōjin manga series.

Doujins?!
It is. Each book only contains 20-30 pages.
Impressive that a doujin manage to get anime adaptation (not the first one to get an anime adaptation, but still impressive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom