• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
Grimgar - 05

Oh thank god at the lack of a an insert song.

Otherwise a definite uptick in episode quality. I... actually laughed at that scene at the end. Part of the problem.

Cornbread78

Shirayuki-hime S2 ep.6
Kiki going all in, literally, to help save Shirayuki. Looked like Mitsu was going to cry when she handed over her sword; I was actually halfway disappointed they didn't give thise two a shipping moment right there. Looks like we are going to get some backstory on Shirayuki soon from the boys comments, so bring on next week.

Steins Gate ep.14
Mayuri, wtf... this is brutal. At least he finally talked to "Assistant" and was working on a plan, that was until John Tutor appeared... wow, we all knew something was up, but not that close to home, damn..

Russ T

Banned
Grimgar - 06

Oh hey an OP. Sick pandering camerawork.

Yume ending every sentence in "naaa" is starting to drive me crazy.

Okay in the end I'm now way less harsh on Grimgar. Wish it was better, but eh. Entertaining enough.

I like Mary. Thought she'd be a typical tsundere, but it actually just seems like she's sorta broken, and is having trouble getting over some shit.

NOW IT'S TIME FOR OSOMATSU-SAN

Cornbread78

Bahamut ep.6
How cute, a conspiracy to get the only
boy in the school expelled.
and cross-dressing. Oh and another upcoming duel next week. Poor Lux, always having to prove his strength.

Am I the only one still watching this?

Hidamari Sketch: Sae and Hiro's Graduation 1

All this college admission talk makes me nostalgic.

Hidamari Sketch: Sae and Hiro's Graduation 2

Solid conclusion for the series. (I know the manga continues, but this feels like an appropriate end for the anime.) I especially appreciated the chance to see what Sae and Hiro's first meeting was like. There were a lot of interesting color choices, which didn't all work, and the background art is as always too sparse to conjure up a good sense of atmosphere, but on the whole it was handled well, with some really nice character art. I appreciated that they kept the drama fairly low-key, not letting it descend into too much weepiness (aside from Natsume, and even there Sae helped balance out the scene). It was totally consistent with the relaxed, optimistic tone the series has had. Good stuff.

Russ T

Banned
Osomatsu-san - whatever the latest ep is... 19?? i dunno

Not as consistently kill-me-I'm-laughing-too-hard hilarious, but still solid. Second half with Choromatsu was fucking ace.

Yamishibai 3 - 05

Hahaha what the fuck was with those eyes at the end. What complete nonsense.

I'm pretty sure I'm just watching this for the sweet ED song at this point. I should probably find out what that song is.

Yamishibai 3 - 06

Okay it must be an intentional thing at this point that they're taking these sorta creepy concepts and just ruining them with the most hilarious monster design.

Deadly

Bahamut ep.6
How cute, a conspiracy to get the only
boy in the school expelled.
and cross-dressing. Oh and another upcoming duel next week. Poor Lux, always having to prove his strength.

Am I the only one still watching this?
Still watching. It's not very good though. This suffers from the same thing as Infinite Stratos where there's not enough fights, too much harem drama.

Line_HTX

No, but the lesbian demon short anime next season is

uu9pmDPh.jpg

Cornbread78

Still watching. It's not very good though. This suffers from the same thing as Infinite Stratos where there's not enough fights, too much harem drama.

Wait, the harem stuff has barely come out to my surprise and there's no way it could compare to Infinite Stratos. IS is better, lol. But yeah, not enough fights....

This isn't Rage of Bahamut, right?

Lol, this one is: Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle.

Line_HTX

IS was so bad I didn't want to start the 2nd season. That was probably the only series where I have never before witnessed density like a neutron star in any MC combined.

Line_HTX

See, I didn't even like Charlotte. I wanted that friend of his back home, but everyone knows how that turns out.

Cecilia and Laura were funny at least.

blurr

Well, ok. I'll give it a try.

It's worth checking out, very informative and with good advice here and there. I'm not a fan of the character designs though, they sort of interfere with the show's serious work-life tone at times. That's how I felt at least.

Cornbread78

Wait, does unlimited fafnir also have a neutron star as a main protagonist as well?

If so i need to see that shit.

Oh man... I had that as a backlog too... Not sure if I can take another super dense MC.

I don't even remember, the harems are kinda blended in my head. I honestly didn't hate either show, but with any harem anime the endings sucked and the MC'S were both super generic, buy oh well, entertaining trash as always.

@TUSR, wtf is that, lol?

Akagami no Shirayuki S2 6
While the kidnapping has lost its value as a plot vehicle, it was a cool escape attempt even if it failed as they got on deck. Looking forward to seeing how they escape now with that ending scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom