• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

Just waiting for the final 3rd season to be animated, so we can see it in all it's glory. It should be a bloodbath between Chitage and Onodera to the end I'm sure. Those are the natural two ships for his and the others are all just diversions between the real battle.

Considering all the fluff chapters and the length of the current manga, 1 more season isn't enough (though it SHOULD be).

If shaft does to a 3rd season, please let them cut a majority of the content.

Cornbread78

Considering all the fluff chapters and the length of the current manga, 1 more season isn't enough (though it SHOULD be).

If shaft does to a 3rd season, please let them cut a majority of the content.

I'm OK with them getting rid of all the side stories and crap, let's just cut right to the chase, find out who has the key, close out each character arc and crown a victor. That is unless somehow, we get a true harem ending, which I've only ever seen in Cat Planet Cuties so far....

phaze

I'm OK with them getting rid of all the side stories and crap, let's just cut right to the chase, find out who has the key, close out each character arc and crown a victor. That is unless somehow, we get a true harem ending, which I've only ever seen in Cat Planet Cuties so far....

ha__________

ha_____________

ha___________

Shaft just needs to adopt the Ruri arc and then Nisekoi will undoubtedly win AOTY.

Mailbox

Someone has to have the right one, right? RIGHT?

The locket (lock being broken) can't be opened (they've checked, twice) and they refuse to break the locket because they are morons!

The storybook stuff got really weird and full of bs. It's basically a book full of red herrings and they refuse to tell you in what way.

JulianImp

I honestly hate how the key even matters in the first place. The show places too much importance in a childhood promise because of "fate", and everybody ends up placing the locket in a pedestal while the story makes sure to have it get stolen, forgotten, broken or whatever at every turn.

I mean, I get that all three key girls are into Raku and he's kind of into each of them for different reasons, but using the locket as a mcguffin that would point Raku to the girl of his dreams is... ugh.

Mailbox

I honestly hate how the key even matters in the first place. The show places too much importance in a childhood promise because of "fate", and everybody ends up placing the locket in a pedestal while the story makes sure to have it get stolen, forgotten, broken or whatever at every turn.

I mean, I get that all three key girls are into Raku and he's kind of into each of them for different reasons, but using the locket as a mcguffin that would point Raku to the girl of his dreams is... ugh.

there were 4

2 of them are out of the game.

JulianImp

there were 4

2 of them are out of the game.

Whatever. This show made me realize I just can't stomach these kind of stupid "who will he end up with?" harem plots that artificially prolong their life by coming up with convenient stupid things, slapstick and loads of new characters.

I still cringe every time I remember that scene where Onodera kind of confessed to Raku on a pier by the beach, but then the show revealed that he had fallen asleep and hadn't heard her. Like, seriously...

Mailbox

Whatever. This show made me realize I just can't stomach these kind of stupid "who will he end up with?" harem plots that artificially prolong their life by coming up with convenient stupid things, slapstick and loads of new characters.

I still cringe every time I remember that scene where Onodera kind of confessed to Raku on a pier by the beach, but then the show revealed that he had fallen asleep and hadn't heard her. Like, seriously...

Yeah, that was also kinda my point in subtext.

It's stupid to add
a fourth key girl only to have her gone and have basically no connection to the overarching plot

The manga is a prime example of how stalling for time and fluff ruins manga. The anime only mimics this

Theonik

Miss Hokusai
Some bleeps aside, this was pretty good. Some quite competent animation and I found that I was entertained throughout. It does suffer a bit from trying to be too aloof at some points which can clash with what it's trying to do, but overall the movie captures the audiences attention and the 'feel' of an artist.

I would like to rewatch it outside a theatrical setting to be able to give a more in depth impression of it.

Cornbread78

Steins Gate ep.21
Mayuri talking to her grandmother. That's it, I'm broken now. this is some seriously sad $hit, like my goodness. I'm trying to play detective and save
both Kurisu and Mayuri,
but how? This hits a LOT harder than I was expecting.

JulianImp

It's stupid to add
a fourth key girl only to have her gone and have basically no connection to the overarching plot

The manga is a prime example of how stalling for time and fluff ruins manga. The anime only mimics this

It reminds me of Detective Conan in that I kept watching more with the hope that the plot would eventually go somewhere, only I actually used to love watching that at one point in time. In comparison, watching Nisekoi would be akin to AO Conan hell.

Mailbox

Steins Gate ep.21
Mayuri talking to her grandmother. That's it, I'm broken now. this is some seriously sad $hit, like my goodness. I'm trying to play detective and save
both Kurisu and Mayuri,
but how? This hits a LOT harder than I was expecting.

The hardest moment of steinsgate was in episode 23 for me.

Well... That and episode 23b.

Konosuba 6
Good explosions.

Assassination Classroom S2 7
Start of a pretty solid arc though it does feel like they've been rushing it. I guess to make sure the show is tied when the manga finishes

Chindogg

It's stupid to add

You know they'll just have it end with them all being together and happy anyways.

lao1Jr1.png

People here actually read the Nisekoi manga?

Deadly

Gate 19
With them entering a mage town, it was only about time a magic battle would happen. That was great! Wish there was more of that. The preview though..
Fuck something is going to happen to Sugawara. Bet they take the little girl hostage or outright kill her

With only about 5 episodes remaining, I don't see them resolving everything.. I guess we can expect a Season 3 fall 2016?

Heavy Object Episode 19

Bling Bling

eL1Y1jpl.jpg

There's actually a lot I like in this episode- lots of cool moments all around.

- The big battle with everyone chipping into taking down Wind Balancer
- The revelation of Nutley's allegiance
- Charlotte was secretly a fangirl of Qwenthur's escapades
- Haivia finally got some game on
- Qwenthur stealing the some diamonds

Minor thing but I was amused that Frolaytia was careful enough not to say Qwenthur's name in front of Monica lol.

All round excellent ending to the arc.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
lao1Jr1.png

People here actually read the Nisekoi manga?
The last few pages of this thread have people arguing about "best girl" in Dagashi Kashi, excitement for Super Lovers, a MonMusu defense force, etc., and the thing you guys still get upset over is Nisekoi...

Chindogg

The last few pages of this thread have people arguing about "best girl" in Dagashi Kashi, excitement for Super Lovers, a MonMusu defense force, etc., and the thing you guys still get upset over is Nisekoi...

Whoa whoa whoa.

Let's leave the MonMusu slander out of this thread ok.

phaze

Fantastic Children 1-12

The show reminds me a bit of Dennou Coil. Even simpler character designs, setup focused first half (even if the central plot is here much more apparent from the very beginning), they even have their own mysterious black phantoms prowling about the place. I guess I can only hope that just like with DC, I'll like the second half more. Because so far Belfort Children plot >>> Detective guy plot >>>>>>>>>> Chitto, Helga&whatshisname. That last part is insanely dull and dragged the show down everytime it appeared.
I guess now that they finally found her, Helga will either drag them down to their level or will have no choice but to surrender her blandness to the power of the plot

SNAFU S2 - up to the first half of #6
Nice all around. I like how the show's taking advantage of the groundwork it laid out throughout the first season, further exploring characters that weren't all that interesting before while also tying their plot threads to Hachiman's.

Still, that old classmate of his that he had confessed to once and her friend were getting so annoying, I really liked it when ikemen-kun put them in their place for always sucking up to him while trating his friend like crap.

Also, ep6's off to a really nice start with Komachi and Hachiman discussing things, and it was nice to see her take advantage of her brother's reluctance to help himself but eagerness to help others by making a request for her brother's sake but phrasing it like she was the one who would benefit from it.

Erased #7
The past really works much better than the present IMO and it's really obvious Kenya's kind of fishy (even more than back when he was shown talking with the teacher behind Satoru's back), but I just can't stand these cliched cliffhanger endings that happen every single episode... like, I'm already looking forward to the next episode because this is a mystery series in the first place, so piling cliffhangers on top of that is kind of overkill.

Rakugo #6
Still AOTS by a landslide. Kikuhiko's journey to find a performance he could call his own was really well handled, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of this show. Here's to hoping it does well and gets a second season, since it's definitely one of the best new series I've seen in quite a while.

Komachi is the best imouto. I love her relationship with Hachiman. Theyre great siblings.

Agreed on your other impressions too. Rakugo continues to be fantastic.

Sterok

Pandora 7

Those thieves were more competent than I thought if they were able to take on Clarion. In some ways they're lucky a very nice Nene got to them before Takumi's army arrived. Nene's army was certainly scary enough.

Ascheroth

Heavy Object - 19

UpJEbIe.jpg

Diamond confirmed to be Unbreakable.

Nut much to say here other then it was another fun episode. I have trouble thinking about an episode that WASN'T good.

Qwenthur continues to be a glorious bastard.
Havia best bro confirmed again.
Monica confirmed to appear again.
Lol at there being a Qwenthur and Havia 'fanclub' and Charlotte being part of it.
Interesting to know that there's more going on behind the scenes, too.
And more.

VRMN

They made the first season?

The first season was the worst one. Fumoffu was way better on the comedy side and TSR was way better on the drama side. KyoAni's not going to do S4, though, but I would probably err on the side of a new studio and staff than pretending we're getting the old gang back together when the old gang was badly outclassed in subsequent seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom