• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/701638436495593472

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcGhGEfHdWs

fDNaOA4.png

I think I'll wait a few days or weeks after launch before I get it.

Y'know, just to be on the safe side.

Jarmel

Banned
I have to wonder what the actual scope of the project is. There is no way they're trying to replicate the entire world. That would probably make it one of the most expensive games made. Maybe if they use procedurally generated content but even then...

Squishy3

I have to wonder what the actual scope of the project is. There is no way they're trying to replicate the entire world. That would probably make it one of the most expensive games made. Maybe if they use procedurally generated content but even then...
Well, they seem to have that starter town mostly built. This'd obviously be some multi-year thing that they constantly add-on to. It's probably going to see tons of events like the one they have planned for March before it's ever a consumer project, I'd imagine. I'm willing to bet the event in March will just be walking around the starter town in first person though, no character models or anything. You can see them actually animating attack animations for the monster in the trailer, and it's still just a 3d sculpture with no coloring or anything applied to it.

This is on the website too, not sure if it's just a test render or something though.

duckroll

The March event is an early alpha test for 200+ participants to explore the feasibility of the technology they have right now. It will involve testers going through a scan to create their avatars, and being able to use those avatars to explore a 3D space and interact with other testers in the VR environment. I think it's basically the Town of Beginnings used as a test hub simulation the opening scenes of SAO.

Where it goes from there will depend on how much money the various sponsors think is worth investing into the project next I guess.

Ooya-san wa Shishunki! 7
Hey it referenced that short show that aired last season.

Dimension W 7
Easter Island looks to be pretty interesting with its anti-coil effects and landscape and some of those Collectors looked pretty interesting.

Jarmel

Banned
I honestly can't see this as being feasible on any level. We're not there on a software or hardware level. In order to make the game be semi-good, I imagine it would be absurdly expensive and would investors want to take that risk on SAO of all things?

It might make financial sense if Rockstar was doing it but I don't know...

Squishy3

The March event is an early alpha test for 200+ participants to explore the feasibility of the technology they have right now. It will involve testers going through a scan to create their avatars, and being able to use those avatars to explore a 3D space and interact with other testers in the VR environment. I think it's basically the Town of Beginnings used as a test hub simulation the opening scenes of SAO.

Where it goes from there will depend on how much money the various sponsors think is worth investing into the project next I guess.
I'm going to cross-quote this to use for my thread in gaming side, if you don't mind.

ibyea

Banned

Oh wow, so this is actually a thing.

Also, they picked a garbage property to based it out of. :p

I honestly can't see this as being feasible on any level. We're not there on a software or hardware level. In order to make the game be semi-good, I imagine it would be absurdly expensive and would investors want to take that risk on SAO of all things?

it's gonna be some very barebone project that fans will eat up, simple as that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

So you can't even play as a cute girl if you're not a cute girl? What's even the point then?

pbayne

K-on Episode 1

The only good thing I have to say is that the animation is better than Dragon Ball Super.

That's not exactly an impressive feat most of the time.

Id laugh if it looked like Busby or something. I don't think its going to match what people are imagining it to be.

Quasar

Its going to have to have a tiny scope given tne timing and how long it takes to make no vr mmo's.

Even if its more like a vr tourism app and not a game the assets would take a long time.

Hunter X Hunter (1999) 14

This is the worst episode so far, because the storyboard was kind of mediocre, with a lot of nonsensical angles and slightly awkward visual storytelling. Fortunately the two matches in this episode weren't so important that those problems became major. Still, I wish that people without strong talent in visualization didn't try to be needlessly fancy.

On another note, I've been going through the episode staff listings (since the Viz release I'm watching doesn't have individual episode credits, I have to rely on Japanese wikis), and it's interesting to note how overall director Kazuhiro Furuhashi has shown up so far. The two episodes whose storyboards I have been most impressed with so far, 7 and 12, have been the only episodes he has storyboarded for so far, which leads me to believe he is responsible for those particularly interesting visual touches. It's also interesting to note that in both episodes he is credited as co-storyboarder; he hasn't shown up as a solo storyboarder yet. I wonder if for this series he just decided the particular segments he wanted to handle personally and held just those back when dividing out the episodes amongst all the other storyboarders.

DanMachi 6

What a depressing episode, at least until the end. And I hope those scumbag adventurers get got.

DanMachi 7

About time he's finally getting some proper training. Also glad to see scumbag adventurers get got. Justice rightfully served.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Grimgar 7
Took them 7 ep and one death party member to finally did something right.
Upgrading equipment, learning essential skills, and doing their roles properly. Ranta become far more bearable in this episode, so that's a plus.

Hamst3r

Finished Nana - I wish they'd pick up where they left off and keep going, since it looks like there's a lot more story beyond that point in the manga. Feels pretty incomplete as it is. They could at least have done one of those "so-and-so went on to..." montages.

Also plowed through Food Wars. It was great. I really liked the art and general tone of the show. It moved along at a brisk pace and I didn't hate any of the characters like I was expecting to at the start. Totally down for a second season.

Mailbox

Snow White with the Red Hair 1-12

That was legitimately good.
Had a great time watching this. Liked the characters, setting, plotline and the fact that the romance angle actually went places is more than i can say for most "romance" anime.

I'll wait until the current cour is finished before watching more, but damn that was really good.

Now onto bad anime. I'm gonna watch Magical Warfare and Green Green. Which should I go for first?

I'm about 3 episodes from the end of Naruto Shipuuden, and after the dive this has taken I'm going to need to jump to another show really quick after it ends, or I run the risk of going another year hardly watching any anime.

Did I miss any great action or mech anime in 2015 that have completed?

One Punch Man and Ushio and Tora are the big action series of 2015. Nothing really mecha unfortunately.

If you're talking long-running, nope. They're all still going strong with World Trigger being the most recent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom