• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Captain Earth 23
024872emk6u.jpg
0248961sjhz.jpg
0249097sji1.jpg
02492168ke4.jpg

For a dream episode, this was pretty subdued yet quite effective at reminding the viewer of Daichi's starting point and subsequent growth. The sense of unuase was palpatable.

I'm not sure if I'm not reading too much into but it seemed to me like even Daichi's mother (and father) made an appearance what with her photo appearing and the concealed appearance of the booth lady. But it's such an offhand, short scene that is never comment upon by anyone that I struggle to believe my little anime can be this subtle.

Sadly with two episodes left and the amount of plot threads left to unfurl, this seems like a disaster waiting to happen. I guess all the hitherto villains will just have to do a quick 180 to fight against the big main bad, using their previous characterization and time spent on Earth as an excuse.

phaze

To not leave it off on an ironic remark of sorts, I meant what i said there. Mawaru's main plot thread is about two brothers trying to save their sister. Their relationship is an emotional core that I dare say you'd find really appealing. It's also a very weird an idionsycratic shows but you seem to heave a sizeable tolerance for those so it shouldn't throw you off.

Have an OP for taste.

Disclaimer: MP is my favorite show and my fanboy googles might be clouding my mind a bit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka ep.4
MVqh9QY.png

Not a bad episode based on full content. The initial drama could be seen coming a mile away, and yeah, guess what? From the end of the episode, it's just going to come back and back again.... Which one of his girls ends up pregnant or dead first?

The singing performance was pretty good and the tone of the episode and I liked the character interactions, until the final minute I should say.... The above scene was the most forced piece of ecchi trash to happen at the end of an episode for no reason whatsoever... I still laughed at it, but it was a terrible way to shoe-horn ecchi into an episode when it wasn't needed. I still to this day do not understand why they can't leave a tender/emotional/sad scene to stand on its own, without forcing a comedy bit to change the tone quickly.... Why is it that way anime masters?

I have no idea why they inserted that random scene at the end - it wasn't in the source material which is saying something given that its written by Seo, a guy who in his last work wrote wrote bonus chapters of all of the random harem members losing their virgininty to the MC.

Cornbread78

I have no idea why they inserted that random scene at the end - it wasn't in the source material which is saying something given that its written by Seo, a guy who in his last work wrote wrote bonus chapters of all of the random harem members losing their virgininty to the MC.

It was awkward and forced for sure... Holy crap at thr glorious OVA material for that other manga, lol.

Line_HTX

Fuuka ep.4
MVqh9QY.png

Not a bad episode based on full content. The initial drama could be seen coming a mile away, and yeah, guess what? From the end of the episode, it's just going to come back and back again.... Which one of his girls ends up pregnant or dead first?

The singing performance was pretty good and the tone of the episode and I liked the character interactions, until the final minute I should say.... The above scene was the most forced piece of ecchi trash to happen at the end of an episode for no reason whatsoever... I still laughed at it, but it was a terrible way to shoe-horn ecchi into an episode when it wasn't needed. I still to this day do not understand why they can't leave a tender/emotional/sad scene to stand on its own, without forcing a comedy bit to change the tone quickly.... Why is it that way anime masters?

Did you shop that star in?

:p

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen Episode 3:

Lot to unpack this episode as we get what I would imagine to be the culmination of the Yakuza storyline as well as getting a major question answered as Yotarō is finally finding his own Rakugo voice.

Dragon Maid 2

Much better episode, and it was quite good. Some unexpectedly awesome action scenes. This show is just gorgeous to look at. The dragon designs are really well done as well.

I loved their impersonation of Koyabashi. The less she is in the episode, the better.

kewlmyc

2 in cat years is 13 in human years.

But...but the only thing remotely cat about them are their ears and tails. They're like 20% cat at most.

That's kinda interesting though that they age like actual cats and are treated like cats. Makes me wonder if they're given litter boxes, if they're declawed, get spayed/neutered, or stuffed into pins and sold in a store like real cats now. I kinda want to see a series about the darker side of the Nekopara world now. I want the final Nekopara to be about the catgirls dying of old age, then the MC just going to a pet store to buy new ones and naming them after the previous catgirls.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Gaf, my cat died and I can't deal with it"
*20 pictures of a cat girl from kitten to crone"

Cornbread78

Scrapped Princess ep.22-END
gNktM8S.jpg

I actually really liked that ending. I was appalled at first, but as the final episode rolled through it was really entertaining and it kept that spark of charm that followed Pacifica throughout. Now there were some holes in how it all played out, but who cares when it's so engaging.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Scrapped Princess is easily one of my top ten animes and I'm so glad it's going to be easy to obtain from now on.

But...but the only thing remotely cat about them are their ears and tails. They're like 20% cat at most.

That's kinda interesting though that they age like actual cats and are treated like cats. Makes me wonder if they're given litter boxes, if they're declawed, get spayed/neutered, or stuffed into pins and sold in a store like real cats now. I kinda want to see a series about the darker side of the Nekopara world now. I want the final Nekopara to be about the catgirls dying of old age, then the MC just going to a pet store to buy new ones and naming them after the previous catgirls.

As far as I know, Wanko to Kurasou is pretty much like that.

EDIT: Apparently it's a hentai game so viewer discretion is advised...

Cornbread78

I forgot I was watching Fuuka...

Damn...my roommate is gonna want to watch that tonight...

I need a waifu, Cornbread can you introduce me to your coworkers?

Sure, I'm up in NH though..

I wonder, is this Seo's lewdest work?
Nah. It's no worse than a A Town Where You Live, that may even be lewder.

I'm having flashbacks of that non ending ending and how messed up that all was...

Scrapped Princess is easily one of my top ten animes and I'm so glad it's going to be easy to obtain from now on.

It's not quite tgat high for me, but the show was a pretty good watch until the end. Pacifica has a good slap punch as well!

Cat girls and cake guys? Oh man....

Tuck

Blue Exorist 2 Episode 3
Bit too much melodrama with blondie, wish they'd get past this super tedious "I'm not good enough" phase. But I think we're through the worst of it.

Also I'm pretty sure Boobzilla's outfit has gotten skimpier.

Rin and Shuma still GOAT though.

Quasar

Sure, I'm up in NH though..
I'm having flashbacks of that non ending ending and how messed up that all was...

I liked it. If you are going to choose a 12 episode chunk of a super long manga it seemed like a pretty good choice. Rather than retelling the first 20 chapters or so.

convo

So I decided to give Gravity Rush another try...

...Sweet Jesus, why does this game have quizzes about local architecture?

Oh it's the first game right?
Failing the quiz and retrying the quiz was faster than looking up the answer to me. Damn actually trying.

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu 03

This episode we kinda get the 'plot' going. Whereas the other biking shows it kinda felt like the reason they were doing it was 'fun things are fun' they girls in this have a slightly more grounded reasoning for starting the bike club. Because the granddaughter of the principal had fun riding and was touched by her grandmother's trip down memory lane of her time biking and how times have changed.

Also I'm not one with an expert eye for art or anything like that but I really enjoy this show's background art.

Sterok

Youjo Senki 3

I wonder if god just singled this random unremarkable person to torment out of lols, or if he does this to all atheists.

Quasar

According to someone who admitted to playing the VN they do not get litter boxes.

One Punch Man Episode 3

This show is like lightning in a bottle or something. Saitama is great, but you mix him with Genos and the magic really happens. Also, I love the dubstep music for Genos when you first see him fighting. Genos going on his long backstory ramble, and watching Saitama try to hold it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom