• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched the first two episodes of Flip Flappers and my mind got confused at the crazy visuals. I don't know the plot or where this is going but it's definitely interesting.

Now, into Dragon Ball Super.

phaze

Hopefully cygames can get ths out of their system and get us the Umamusume we need now more than ever.

a-s_ouran_high_schoolkkjfh.jpg

-----

Don't think that Ishihama idiosyncrasies work particularly well in that OP but I must say it still put Granblue on my radar. Would be nice to have another decent fantasy anime.

Granblue Fantasy Episode 1
C2sqOXpXgAAaLoi.jpg:small
C2srxiqWgAIRNRx.jpg:small

Animated Gran is great and I love this take of his personality, best hero of 2017 thus far and easily up there in terms of all animes.

Felt easily a bit more intense than the game did for these introductory chapters too, though I wish the battle theme was used instead of what was chosen here.

Hoping it continues to be a definitively great anime. Best.

3Kaze

I can see Granblue Fantasy being a 4-cours series if they keep this snail pace. Took them 2 episodes to adapt the tutorial lol.

Already preordered BD Set 1.

Of course they were going to include codes with SSR characters or some nice items. It will be interesting to see how much people are whaling in this game.

3Kaze

Kizu III is screening today here in Paris too but it's cold and i'm lazy so I guess i'll skip it.

Oh, it's called Granblue Fantasy because the main character is called Gran and he wears blue...

Gran, yes. Blue, not really. It's the theme of the setting, within skydoms, and Lyria is often called as "the girl in blue" or the "girl with blue hair".

Female MC is called Djeeta ジータ and may come from Fantasy ファンタジー

blurr

Disclaimer: MP is my favorite show and my fanboy googles might be clouding my mind a bit.

Nah, you are a man of good taste.

i recommend some short anime like luluco or i can't understand what my husband is saying. 3-5 min popcorn bites.

and Oshiete Galko-chan!

Narag's Agetarou post reminds me I need to wrap it up, I agree with what he wrote. It's a visually amusing show with great music (I listen to the OST even though I didn't get back to finishing it yet) but character and narrative-wise while nothing feels off, little actually manages to be memorable/impressive.

duckroll

Sword of the Stranger

This is the nth time I've seen this and it's still as good as ever. The fucking best. The almost flawless. The BONES masterpiece. The AndoTheGawd film. Superb direction. Insane attention to detail. A love song to period Japanese action.

Yes Mukoh Hadan, you're still the one!

The In This Corner Of The World screening ....

I'm speechless what a fantastic movie. I don't even want to watch Kizu anymore but just want to go home and think about it.

Beck is a horrible adaptation because at least I can pretend they're singing properly in the manga, but in the Anime when they start singing English songs in broken Engrish it's hilarious, but it's even funnier when someone is like "wow you're really good".

I'm half way through ReLife right now and I'm actually really enjoying it. I do think it's a stretch that the MC is constantly failing his makeup exam though. Even if he is slacking eventually there should be a point where he's actually improving on the tests.

Holy crap, so much manga when I went with my wife to savers today. Grabbed like 20 one piece volumes and 10 shaman king and a couple other series. Usually these trips are a bust for me but not today.

duckroll

So is Fata Morgana legit? Because I put it on my wish list.... I always thought it was just some quirky fetish VN for hipsters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom