• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEYBOT! Episode 16 – Danger! It's Vocammy's Turn!
C2uGIp1WIAEmDmg.jpg:small
C2uH6VzXcAI1s1B.jpg:small

Nejiru was so sad this episode. Best Heybot, best friends going through quarrels and coming out stronger is one of the best things in writing.

Clov

I don't like using Kitsu that much either, but if that's the only response MAL has to the article then they can forget about me moving my list. I'll gladly stay on Kitsu.

Mailbox

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-01-21/japanese-government-names-sword-art-online-kirito-as-cybersecurity-officer/.111294

The official website for Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale announced on Friday that the Japanese government's National Center of Incident Readiness and Strategy for Cybersecurity (NISC) appointed Kirito as a cybersecurity officer. The character's appointment is part of a tie-up campaign between NISC and the anime film.

lol
interesting promotion technique, but still, lol

I don't like using Kitsu that much either, but if that's the only response MAL has to the article then they can forget about me moving my list. I'll gladly stay on Kitsu.

i decided to switch to Anilist. Outside of recommendations and reviews being missing, everything is about the same as MAL, and some things are even more intuitive oddly enough. `

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Youjo Senki episode 3

Lol , being X is such an petty god. '' Now, you must pray to god each time you use your computation jewel.''
The LN design that were also shown in the ED in this episode , look significantly better that what we ended up getting.

xwH2j8g.jpg

She looks like a duck

Quack

Tiger Mask W 15

Where Tiger beats a dude who is bigger then Andre the Giant.

I like how when Miss X sees wrestlers chatting up a nurse, she whips them. Thats not going to stop them from being horny, you are only making it worse.

e_i

Animecorner has the Nichijou boxset in stock, so it's only a matter of time before it ships from Rightstuf! Wolf's Rain will probably be shipping soon as well.

Taruranto

is alerting/not alerting the original writer really the real issue here?

I'm not sure they even understood what the issue is, the general climate in MAL forums seem to be "anything goes" despite the site having mods.

They got people posting stuff like this without issue:
BsVqWy1.jpg

I'm not one to judge a whole community by some people posts, but uh...

Just completed ReLIFE. This was actually quite a fun ride over all. Arata was kind of a breathe of fresh air as a lead. Originally I was dreading when the description of the show described him as a NEET, but they went an interesting direction with it given his backstory. I loved all of his interactions with Hishiro and I'd say the series' biggest downfall was that there wasn't enough of it.

Reina, for my taste, was given way too much focus in the series especially since each arc featuring her kept rehashing how stubborn of a person she is. And on that note I also found the ending to be pretty underwhelming overall. It just kind of ends with no real resolution.

I'd probably give the show a solid 7.

phaze

3-gatsu no Lion 14

Really liked this. With so much build up to clash with Gotou,
Kiriyama's defeat was probably even bigger surprise to me than to him. Neat curveball.
OST continues to be great.

ReaperXL7

It's not new by any stretch but I have been enjoying the Overlord anime. I was debating on wether it would be worth it to read, so I wanted to get some recommendations on if I should go with the light novels or the manga?

Maybe this would be better for the manga thread but it was the anime that got me interested initially.

Ascheroth

Twin Star Exorcists #36

Nice fight with a good amount of tension. I ended up really enjoying the conflict with those Basara brothers. Shame that it still looked like ass half the time.

Twin Star Exorcists #37

Finally a better looking episode again.
To sum this episode up:

Narag

Tiger Mask W 15

Haruna's gonna end up in a tag team match with Tiger Mask before the show is over, isn't she?

I'd also accept her wrestling Miss X.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been lazy about finishing up Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but watching it just makes me sad and miserable now because it implies fascists would have to be smart and competent to take over

Fascism almost always successfully takes over in anti-intellectual populist movements.

Szadek

I'm not sure they even understood what the issue is, the general climate in MAL forums seem to be "anything goes" despite the site having mods.

They got people posting stuff like this without issue:
BsVqWy1.jpg

I'm not one to judge a whole community by some people posts, but uh...
That guy has no idea what he is talking about. The "economic miracle" was nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've been lazy about finishing up Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but watching it just makes me sad and miserable now because it implies fascists would have to be smart and competent to take over

LOGH was just very optimistic.

phaze

That guy has no idea what he is talking about. The "economic miracle" was nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Christ can we not do this. I get that with MAL situation some of it pertains to the anime scene and all but if you want to have a discussion about Schacht and his MEFO friends do it in the OT.

Scum's Wish 02

It's a pretty curious series to watch. I think I identified what makes it interesting.

It's a series that in one hand it feels 'trashy' and exploitative, with all the sex, everyone making it out with everyone, with all the messy relationships everywhere... but in the other hand, it presents itself with a direction and internal monologues of the characters as a 'serious' story, not trashy, the characters have straightforward and raw feelings, and there is a good sensibility in how the series presents them.

So that combination of trashiness and sensibility makes it pretty unique.

Interviews With Monster Girls Episode 3:

I am guessing given the toned down nature of the monster girls that sleeping with Satō will not result in her literally swallowing your soul. I would say that this is an interesting take on the whole succubus legend but I have seen this particular yarn spun better.

All she ever says is "because i'm a succubus" but there's no reason for why that's bad. Does she hate being a succubus or does she hate sex? Is it something else?

All she ever says is "because i'm a succubus" but there's no reason for why that's bad. Does she hate being a succubus or does she hate sex? Is it something else?

seems like it's a result that it affects people negatively by essentially forcing them to think of perverted thoughts. She's not sure if she can ever build real relationships with people because they could just be turned on by her power vs getting to love her?

Theonik

Ohhh, me likes. Unlike Kitsu it also actually lists (some of) the characters of Rakugo S1 which Kitsu somehow hadn't available yet.

Time to register and hopefully not find out the fatal flaw of this site!
Disclosure: This site belongs to one of my kouhais so I am or may not be shilling.

Its pretty simple. Since she's a succubus, just her presence makes men sexually excited because thats what Succubus do. The wet dream thing is a reference to the older folklore legends of succubus appearing in dreams to seduce men. So she tries her best to not stand out and cause inconveniences.

Since she's a succubus, she's unsure if anyone could ever truly love her or if it would just be lust.

It's not a "bad" thing but she has a complex about it

It's not new by any stretch but I have been enjoying the Overlord anime. I was debating on wether it would be worth it to read, so I wanted to get some recommendations on if I should go with the light novels or the manga?

Maybe this would be better for the manga thread but it was the anime that got me interested initially.

Its a great read, and also the hardcover LN and the paper with the art is amazing to own.

Shilling shall be tolerated until I find major flaws. Then you'll be hunted.

So far though, really impressed with the customization, too. You even get to choose your rating system.

Agreed, I was about to complain about the load times for your list but then I realized it just loaded everything at once instead off by 300 entries so its perfectly acceptable. Lost a few mangas and anime from my MAL list, but overall I think I've found my MAL replacement!

phaze

Wait I can rate anime with decimal fractions ? Groundbreaking.

Edit: Wait no seems I can't ? It uses out of 4 rating scale ? booooooo

Edit2: I'm dumb and I can't into internet.

Granblue Fantasy 01

You'd think one can't go anymore bland then literal Jesus collecting powers of Fire, Water, Earth, Wind to fight against corruption and evil in people's hearts but this gives it a run for the money. At least Sray didn't look like a bag of shit that was crapped on.

Quasar

GranBlu Fantasy - Pretty generic. Certainly blue. Amused that another Cygames property and its got giant dragons as a major element. Is Bahamut the only dragon name japan knows? I liked Katerina though, and its sky ships. That made me think of Princess and the Pilot.

GranBlu Fantasy - Pretty generic. Certainly blue. Amused that another Cygames property and its got giant dragons as a major element. Is Bahamut the only dragon name japan knows? I liked Katerina though, and its sky ships. That made me think of Princess and the Pilot.
I think they meant to say Catalina, the Spanish name. Unless it was a weird version of Katherine.

Bang Dream 1

This title is misleading.

I watched this last night cause why not, and I think it says something that I pretty much got the entire plot and understood all the characters without knowing what they were saying. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, as it can either mean this is so generic that you can fit it into obvious established molds or that it handled it's visual aspects well enough to convey everything they were trying to do.

It's not a show I'll follow or anything but it made for an interesting watch to see what I could glean from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom