• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

If anything it looks like some weird western indie VN lol.
U6xFaSQ.jpg

6W6So9q.jpg

D2mLz1W.jpg

Taruranto

Yeah, overall it's honestly more close to a book than anything. It's has a western feeling too (One of the authors lived in Europe too for a while) while at the same time it uses a lot of tropes and concepts you see in Japanese works too, it's really an unique product. The closer thing would be
Umineko
, down to having a very similar plot point that you would never expect in VN.

I got like 5 people to play it, and everyone pretty much love it.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Yeah, overall it's honestly more close to a book than anything. It's has a western feeling too (One of the authors lived in Europe too for a while) while at the same time it uses a lot of tropes and concepts you see in Japanese works too, it's really an unique product. The closer thing would be
Umineko
, down to having a very similar plot point that you would never expect in VN.

I got like 5 people to play it, and everyone pretty much love it.

i'll buy this as soon as i finish code:realize

Dunno, looked like some weird maid in gothic mansion pseudo-horror thing where she's either a ghost or some split personality psycho who bites your dick off. Maybe I should stop now...

It's a character drama set against the backdrop of a gothic horror setting. There's no fetishization like that and it's not a sex game.

/XX/

RahXephon is a digital TV anime from the early 00s. No amount of remastering can make it look great on BD.
There's wanting it to look great, and then there's wanting it to look at least decent given the circumstances. In this case, Q-TEC, INC., and their well earned fame in handling transfers made through video resolution upscale was in display, but of course people can hope for something that is somewhat better having as reference certain examples using other (well-proven) methods!

Was walking a little bit to waste some time until Kizu while thinking about the movie and didn't realise that I just walked 3km away from the movie theater.

It's incredible how close the movie and it's themes hit home and about the things I'm thiking about my life, especially about my profession and my actual job which I can't justify to me anymore for a while now.

When I visited Japan and the national museum for science and technology and there was a Zero displayed and somehow I talked with the museum staff about all kinds of construction design points and when I left the floor the only thing I could think was that picture about the ruins of Shanghai and the lost baby in the foreground. I don't want to see such things repeating.

Cornbread78

They were pretty equal for me.
I don't think Beck is a very good adaptation of the manga. Nana is the better show if the whole teen soap vibe doesn't turn you off.
Beck had an ok ending. It was good. Can't say anything on Nana though.
Watch the english dub of course if you watch Beck.

So nothing one way or the other? Wanted a good musical drama that didn't feature moe girls or idols.

I finished Final Fantasy XV. That ending was pretty anime.

Yeah, I finished it last night as well. Debating if it's worth spending the extra couple hours for plat tonight...

So much salt on the gaming side over the GOTY.
Wow.

The best was Neil Druckmann's tweet just minutes after it was posted. Love that guy

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Blue Exorcist Season 2 Episode 3

Eyebrows stays winning.

Man the pace in this season is so bad. Holy shit. I think I will just sit down and read my manga volumes. Not sure whether I should start at the beginning or where we are in the anime.

Seiren 03

You know I cannot think of the last time I watched a(non-hentai)anime and a male character's erection was depicted on screen. Usually the girls or other cast see it and freak out but the audience never does.

Bravo Seiren. It chasing off the teacher was icing on the cake.

Youjo Senki 03

I find the idea that God is a dick to atheists in the afterlife amusing. Not like Tanya doesn't deserve it. You'd think a person would start kissing divine foot after getting their afterlife fucked by God himself.

Exalted

Eyebrows stays winning.

Man the pace in this season is so bad. Holy shit. I think I will just sit down and read my manga volumes. Not sure whether I should start at the beginning or where we are in the anime.

Yeah, i feel the same. I'm gonna probably put this show on hold for now until it's finished, and binge watch it later at my own pace, with skipping slow and uninteresting scenes so it's more enjoyable.

3gatsu 14

This episode really reminded me of Monogatari.

Maybe it was the use of making memories sound like a recording early on, or maybe it was the guy whos voiced by Kaiki, or maybe its people talking and having the camera show a different side of their face 4 times a sentence.

Actually its all of those things.

Crocodile

The artstyle is actually one of the things some people complain about for not being "anime" enough.

I'm not really familiar with the VN y'all are talking about right now but I'll just jump in to add that I feel most Western Indie VN games could benefit from being "less anime" for, at a minimum, the sake of differentiation. Even if they are "anime" in theme/topic/etc.

I'm not really familiar with the VN y'all are talking about right now but I'll just jump in to add that I feel most Western Indie VN games could benefit from being "less anime" for, at a minimum, the sake of differentiation. Even if they are "anime" in theme/topic/etc.
Well Fata Morgana is Japanese and has a unique art style that works really well for it.

Don't think that Ishihama idiosyncrasies work particularly well in that OP but I must say it still put Granblue on my radar. Would be nice to have another decent fantasy anime.

I am not a fan of how fond Ishihama is of constant multi-layered pans alternated with quick cuts. It made me feel nauseous both in his Garakowa film and in this OP.

Clov

Fata Morgana is the best visual novel I've ever played. Like, I know that's not a super high bar or anything, but nothing comes close to even reaching it. There's so much I want to say about it, but I don't want to give anything away. Definitely at least give it a try to see if it's for you.

Exalted

Youjo Senki episode 3

Lol , being X is such an petty god. '' Now, you must pray to god each time you use your computation jewel.''
The LN design that were also shown in the ED in this episode , look significantly better that what we ended up getting.

Cornbread78

Seiren 03

You know I cannot think of the last time I watched a(non-hentai)anime and a male character's erection was depicted on screen. Usually the girls or other cast see it and freak out but the audience never does.
Bravo Seiren. It chasing off the teacher was icing on the cake.

This scene was hilarious! Execution was great.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Interviews With Monster Girls Episode 3:

I am guessing given the toned down nature of the monster girls that sleeping with Satō will not result in her literally swallowing your soul. I would say that this is an interesting take on the whole succubus legend but I have seen this particular yarn spun better.

They write all of that and the first comment is

"do u have any news about high school dxd season 4 that it's confirmed or not?"

Which made my day.

is alerting/not alerting the original writer really the real issue here?

Personally my issue is that they are a site that has VERY questionable recommendations and hilariously bad reviews from users, but an article was considered the battleground for being professional so they made it Nazi friendly because 'we don't pick sides but please remember we don't like Nazis either'.

Narag

is alerting/not alerting the original writer really the real issue here?

It's part of it since it's incorrectly attributing the rewritten article to the original writer despite it clearly running contrary to his beliefs. The other is someone was so headpunchingly stupid they didn't kill the article outright and instead thought it'd be good to appease "both sides."

Deadly

Demi-chan 03

Rough life being a succubus. At least, if you want to pass as a regular person. Would be hilarious to see a succubus that goes all out

>Anime Feminists.
Yeah sure I stopped reading there.
A bit too much feminists accusing other people of being nazis when in 2017 feminists are the worst political correctness tumor that exist.

hmm, maybe anime fans actually deserve to be stigmatized

Ascheroth

Eyebrows stays winning.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling it as well. If this season weren't that lightweight for me and I didn't have some attachment to the manga, I most likely would have long dropped this.

Yeah, tried Kitsu....it so fucking slow with loading your library!

You'd think that allowing users to import their libraries from your 'competitors' should be the first thing you want to get right.
Here I am, still waiting for the import that I started yesterday to actually start.

I just want a simple list to keep track of things without extra baggage attached <.<

Demi-chan 03

I wonder how the teacher's life would be if she just didn't give a shit in certain situations. Like fuck living out in the sticks because you don't want to give guys in the apartment complex you live in wet dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom