• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

I continue to wish that all the alternatives to MAL weren't terrible.

Well I preferred Hummingbird/Kitsu anyway. The only advantages MAL offered was that the manga wasn't isolated and the mal graph. And it was weaker in other places like apps and not including thing like korean comics.

Kitsu has fixed the former for me and improved other stuff that I thought was not implemented well with v1. Sadly I probably wont see the depth of data malgraph has for a long time if at all though.

Ascheroth

Twin Star Exorcists #39

Mayura getting that shonen protagonist powerup. I see they included Seigens backstory here.

Twin Star Exorcists #40 aka My long-running shonen anime can't possibly look this good

That was most likely the best looking episode of the entire show so far. Character art was on point (why can't it look like this all the time <.<) and animation was great as well. Half the episode was action too.
I found some of the episodes of this arc rather lukewarm, but the climax of these recent episodes has been great.
But that kiss and confession teasing has to stop.

Also hoping we'll get a new OP and ED before it's over.

Kizu III was sure something.

The absurdity of the final fight was insane. Kou Yoshinari's long cut with his unique coloring was intense as fuck.

HEYBOT! 17

uvLxGcT.jpg

show got rebooted but i think i like this one better tbh

Funimation new player gives me the weirdest issues, it will be playing the video and all of sudden it dies saying stream not found, what even?

Crunchyrolls HTML5 player is also problematic, it buffers quite often now (maybe my connection) but other times it will play smooth but then gets stuck at between five or so frames while the audio continues to play, so many restarts.

Twin Star Exorcists #39

Mayura getting that shonen protagonist powerup. I see they included Seigens backstory here.

Twin Star Exorcists #40 aka My long-running shonen anime can't possibly look this good

That was most likely the best looking episode of the entire show so far. Character art was on point (why can't it look like this all the time <.<) and animation was great as well. Half the episode was action too.
I found some of the episodes of this arc rather lukewarm, but the climax of these recent episodes has been great.
But that kiss and confession teasing has to stop.

Also hoping we'll get a new OP and ED before it's over.

Twin Star is 3/3 on OP's so far

The show isnt over yet, but I think I see why the "filler" was included in the show. It's clunky, but does a good job in tying the relevant arcs together and strengthening the bonds between characters. I really appreciate spending a good bit of time with Mayura, Seigen and some of the other warriors as I suspect the manga executed this stuff pretty fast. Haven't read it yet though, as I will wait for the anime to finish

Nanbaka Episode 11 EngDub

Jyugo and not playing video game is the oddest thing to me and he sounds so innocent and new at it. I loved when he said why he wasnt excited to play. Fun episode.Also the meal at the restaurant scene, lovely.

Is that really a female Broly?

I sincerely apologize if this sounds disengenous in any way, but from that image quality I can't tell if those are boobs or if it's just him being super buffed as usual.

Puzzle & Dragons Episode 26 EngDub

Horus got a good funi voice, I kind of like it more than the JPN dub voice for hi,

Tamazo's creying moment over Ace getting more friends and not using him anymore was :(

I can't wait to see what her backstory's all about. Please tell me she constantly yells "VEGETA" instead of Kakarot.

Shes probably from another one of the universes, and the opposite versions of people that exist there aren't simple flips like with Frost and Freeza. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Brolyna.

If they relegated all the movie villains like Broly and Bojack to being from the other universes, that could be kinda of cool. As someone whos kept up with Super since the first episode I'm feeling prettty good about it now

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2 3

The situation with Konatsu wasn't really given any introduction until now, unless I missed it or forgot about something from the first season, so I was kind of confused about what was going on at first. It was made clear enough by the end, though, and the character interactions were interesting as always. This episode had more expressive animation than usual, which really helped sell Yotaro's rant at the yakuza boss.

Shes probably from another one of the universes, and the opposite versions of people that exist there aren't simple flips like with Frost and Freeza. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Brolyna.

If they relegated all the movie villains like Broly and Bojack to being from the other universes, that could be kinda of cool. As someone whos kept up with Super since the first episode I'm feeling prettty good about it now

Ah so it's basically like the Edolas arc in Fairy Tail. Characters that share the same name and looks, but have entirely different personalities and backstories. I get it.

That does sound like a neat way into implementing all the movie villains into the main TV series.

Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 14 Wind Seraph, Dezel

Some of the visuals in the ED are intense, but the song has got to go :(

I always love the zestiria attack effects in dungeons in this anime.

I guess some of my favorite dungeons will be cut out the anime. Sad.

Hmmmmm

Ajin S2 wasn't nearly as strong as the first season. It turned into a supernatural Tom Clancy novel. All with a 'but wait, there's more' ending that kind of left me unsatisfied. I don't know if it's worth writing a review over. S1 is fantastic, but S2..... I need to see how to review this then. If I can rate an individual season then it'll work, if I have to rate both though? Decisions decisions.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sangatsu 14:

It's regrettable that it took Sangatsu some 10 episodes to really strike that balance between comedy and drama but its rapidly improved since the start of the second season and shows no signs of plateauing. So much of Kiriyama's struggles with depression mirror my own it's unsettling, and I could've really used a story like this half a decade ago. One of my largest issues with Sangatsu early on was that they never addressed the topic of depression directly, and I always attributed it to Japan's societal blindness towards mental health. But Kiriyama used the word explicitly for, I think, the first time this episode and now I wonder if the evasion wasn't intentional, because it takes the truly depressed a long time to realize their sickness, if they realize it at all, and that precisely describes Kiriyama's arc.

Dragon Ball Super 75

This episode was total bullshit because everyone decided to roast my boy Krillin for no reason!

Just kidding. It was actually a really good episode that nailed the OG Dragon Ball feeling of adventure, and looked pretty good to boot.

That ending was pretty nuts though. Not much of a cliffhanger though.
If Vegeta is there its not Hell, its just a trial of your past demons or some shit

Dragon Ball Super 75

This episode was total bullshit because everyone decided to roast my boy Krillin for no reason!

Just kidding. It was actually a really good episode that nailed the OG Dragon Ball feeling of adventure, and looked pretty good to boot.

That ending was pretty nuts though. Not much of a cliffhanger though.
If Vegeta is there its not Hell, its just a trial of your past demons or some shit
the best part is
that the demon who killed Krillin shows up too
haha

Dai Guard Episode 1 EngDub
C2vZa0WXcAATNNg.jpg:small
C2vZFmzW8AETp9V.jpg:small

Another ugly pre 2000's eras mecha. Wing seemed to be the only one that wanted to have very attractive and good looking mechas and characters. In any case, I like the three pilot concept here as it makes it feel a bit unique.The monster fighting aspect is decent too and feels a bit better done than that in other shows. Will keep watching.

Also no air conditioners in mechs in 2030? Odd. Quite sure air conditioners were in cars in 1999.
C2vZnalWIAEyFUu.jpg:small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom