• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
http://www.mazinger-z.jp/

New Mazinger Z movie? More info at Anime Japan? :eek:

Isn't that old news.

I made this picture based on it four months ago.

6pvPCEY.jpg

blurr

The Great Passage 10-11 END

It's interesting that the show talks about the need for words to relay one's thoughts or feelings because I could really use some to articulate my thoughts on this better/beyond my current ability.

The final episode was moving but there isn't enough of a sense of achievement to the same degree the characters show off. This is despite the show extensively portraying their struggle over the course of the show. Perhaps the time skip was more influential than I assumed.

It's a simple story about a small group of people who are passionate about words which aligns with dictionary making. What captivated me the most was its "words" theme albeit it was not entirely integral to its story but it had more of a literal role to it (excuse the pun). Visual depiction of their eternal struggle were simplistic but not very imaginative, that's fine I suppose, the simplicity blends well with its grounded nature but episode 10 had an entire sequence where Majime attempts to mend an opening that sucks in words, depicting their situation but I felt it stood out more than necessary.

The first half of the show was beautiful visually but the romance subplot though something I don't mind, feels underdeveloped by the time it concludes.

It's a simpler anime than I had assumed initially but it turned out well overall. I suppose that's the reality of dictionaries, they're simple things but hold a lot of value.

John Blade

Man....so many fan service in this episode that you can have a fab without need to imaging the character when doing it.

Well....it continue where it leave off.
  • Youto originally is a breast lover but eventually an ass lover also. Bring in a wonderful scene with him and Tsukiko.
  • Youto try to found out how the cat statue manage to get his home into the shed. This will explain at the end of the episode which you start to realize they is more between him and Tsukiko.
  • Two funny scene between Youto and Tsukushi. One is fan service for fans while the other is how smart Tsukushi is about Youto younger brother which he never have (make you realize how easy to lie Tsukushi).
  • Youto manage to get the cat shrine to work once more when he mange to get Azusa transport back to his location. This also bring in a very fan service scene which you can notice from the screenshot.
  • Dinner scene and more fan service scene once more.
  • Tsukiko say something which trigger an incident which destroy the shed and also bring in a sistuation between her and Youto
A fun episode to watch but man...so many fan service stuff you wonder if it's done to keep people happy when watching.

What? This seems like an overreaction.

Deus Vult is a literal neo-nazi warcry and the benefit of the doubt for using it as a joke is rapidly closing

They've replaced the tweet now, but FWIW they were quoting the episode the clip is from, which is also titled "Deus Vult". Claiming they intentionally leveraged a white nationalist meme to promote a show is about the least charitable interpretation possible.

That just makes it worse, they shouldnt promote that garbage at all then

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Deus Vult dates back to the crusades but yeah Nazis ruined it like they ruined the manji and nordic runes.

Jarmel

Banned
Deus Vult is a literal neo-nazi warcry and the benefit of the doubt for using it as a joke is rapidly closing

That just makes it worse, they shouldnt promote that garbage at all then

It seems like it was a Crusades warcry that 4chan adapted relatively recently. I don't think the author was specifically using it as a reference to a 4chan meme when he used it.

It especially makes sense in the Crusades context considering how much of a piece of shit God is in the anime and thus in line with the Crusades version of God.

Exalted

I only know that phrase as a stupid videogame meme from Crusader kings ( similar to the 'praise the sun' one) If it is was adopted as a neo nazi warcy , that must have been relatively recent ?

I just had to google the connection between Deus Vault and Nazis to even know what you were talking about. Thought I somehow forgot some potentially important historic stuff but it turns out it's just some recent 4chan shenanigans.

This is proof that watching bad anime rots your brain. We have two members who finished RahXephon this week. One did not rot his brain watching Key anime and hence understood it. The other is beyond salvation and has permanent brain rot from watching garbage like Air and Angel Beats. RIP.

When will the war against Key end!?

Crusader war cries weren't exactly some positive thing to begin with. Though immediately lumping any use of Deus Vult to neo-Nazis is really jumping the gun.

Maybe, but as soon as the alt-right starts picking up on a term it makes me want to distance myself from it as hard as possible

But we do need to steal that fuckin frog back he didn't do anything

KraytarJ

Masamune-kun 4
One of the more interesting anime couples I've ever seen, two terrible people coming together like this will always get me.

Akiba 4
That idol episode was always going to be a tough act to follow and while this one isn't quite on its level I'm still finding that I like this show way more than I thought I would.

Mailbox

Scum's wish 3

Dammit, they stopped short of where I thought they were gonna go.
I'm not sure how people will take this episode tbh. Specifically with Mugi since we learn
this isn't his first " faux-relationship"
and the whole
handjob scene

Overall not much happens this episode, mostly just context for the last scene of episode 2 and build up for episode 4 (which will be juicy >:3).

Honestly i'd say that this is the second best show I'm watching this season (Konosuba being the best since it never fails to make me laugh).

Overall good episode, really interested to see how people react tbh.
a look at things to come i guess :p

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Huh? For what?

IDK, some guy mentioned it in a youtube video for Konosuba lol. Said Otaku hated her for not feeling she was talented to deserve her place and that they started liking her when she showed her talent voicing Aqua.

Jex

[Scum's Wish] - 3

Looking at the credits for this show it seems like the director, Masaomi Andō, storyboarded the first three credits himself. That's a level of directorial oversight and control that I hadn't expected out of this project, but it certainly shows in how tonally consistent this show has been. It would be so easy for another director to take the same material and make something trashy and exploitative, but that's never the case here.

I don't really think this episode really flowed quite as well as the previous two, but it was still pretty good overall.

e_i

The English dub of Interviews with Monster Girls is pretty good, except for Hikari's use of stupid slang. "Awesomesauce!" Sometimes she sounds too valley girlish (not all the time, thank god).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom