• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

zJLdaxl.jpg
Eh.

Cornbread78

Dennou Coil ep.11
Daichi you idiot! Quite the fish story we got here, but at least we got to see lots of graveling and new character links

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Scum's Wish Episode 3:

I think I know why I am enjoying this so much even though it an be quite trashy and melodramatic at times. Scum's Wish is still a show that more grounded and realistic when it comes to dealing with teenage romance and sex then a lot of other fiction.

Cornbread78

Scum's Wish ep.3
Ouch, the teacher is
a fucking slut, like seriously, fuck her.
I'd be pissed as well! While the situations are over the top, the emotional aspect of the show is spot on and still continues to keep you on edge. That uncomfortable feeling isn't gone, but for good reason because it is so grounded in real life emotions.

Three episodes into Haikyuu. Looking pretty solid so far. Up til now I've only watched two Sports Anime to finish, Slam Dunk (the manga is way better) and Yuri on Ice, so we'll see how this goes.

Eumi

Team Rocket are the best, and both Mimikyu and Hidoide are fantastic additions. I'm not sure I'll ever get sick of the group talking about whatever and Mimikyu just stumbling around in the background accompanied by that screeching.

Mimikyu is amazing. He fell out of Kagewani and should probably be under containment by the SCP but he just hangs around in this goofy kids show despite being a seething mass of pure hatred

Hand Shakers Episode 2
C3IX-geWQAMOfat.jpg:small
C3IYMHZWMAAzag5.jpg:small

I wanted a bit more action as its such an intriguing place to be in and the powers look so cool.

The rest of the episode was very funny, machine Tazuna succumbing to the nosebleed lol. At least he tried.
C3Icr_5XUAA5GKL.jpg:small

This is going to be a tough season for me if things keep going this way. I am really enjoying everything that I am watching. Rakugo, Scum's Wish and Konosuba are the favourites that keep me wishing for more each week, but everything else is great too. Again, if things keep going this way, I honestly think this may be one of the best seasons for me in since last Spring in terms of entertainment. Spring 2016 was top notch.

aots runners. gintama doesnt count

1. Rakugo, but Rakugo is so far ahead of everyone else that I'm not even gonna count it because its not fair

1. Maid Dragon
2. Scum's Wish
3. Little Witch Academia

bravo kyoani

Nana

I get why people like soap operas now lol.

Nana K/Nana O., i'm rooting for you girl
mjcry1.png

Shouji you a busta
hhh4.png

Nobu you a sucka
mjlol.png

Takumi.....
scust.png

Unfortunately the manga is on a pretty permanent hiatus (
mjcry1.png
) but i'd give it a B+ for the content it does have

Qurupeke

Scum's Wish 3

I like the music teacher, she's the best.
Seems like she's the manipulative kind of person and essentially the "final boss" for Hanabi. I don't think this was a shocking moment, but I think it was the right development for the show. Also, I'm kind of rooting for Ecchan. Seems like she's the most decent person in the show.

It continues to be great. Honestly, I was expecting this to be a weird romance, but the various relationships are getting so complex that I'm really enjoying it. Also, it's surprising raw with its interpretation of love. And I approve this.

aots runners. gintama doesnt count

1. Rakugo, but Rakugo is so far ahead of everyone else that I'm not even gonna count it because its not fair

1. Maid Dragon
2. Scum's Wish
3. Little Witch Academia

bravo kyoani

Yeah Rakugo is untouchable. Hard to think it'll give up the throne for AOTS.

Imma watch Maid Dragon today. KyoAni has me by the balls.

Sterok

Masamune-kun's Revenge 4

Ah, teenage love. Everyone has to overcomplicate everything for no reason other than them being stupid. Not new, but it works I guess. Of course the universe has to throw him a highly coincidental swerve at the most awkward time, because it wouldn't be anime without it.

Scum's Wish - 03

This show is excellent. They could have gone in a completely different direction with this, but nope. All handled tastefully, and believably too.

That last scene though?! Never saw that dodgeball coming. Things just got even more interesting.

Cornbread78

Masamune-kun's Revenge ep. 4
Ya know, I almost feel bad for Adaki at this point. Masamune and Yoshino are absolutely terrible people and will eventually burn in hell. I can't wait until she finds out who he really is and what he has been up to. Yoshino should especially be ashamed at taking advantage or Aki..

Some sad drama is coming soon...

KraytarJ

Ya know, I almost feel bad for Adaki at this point. Masamune and Yoshino are absolutely terrible people and will eventually burn in hell. I can't wait until she finds out who he really is and what he has been up to. Yoshino should especially be ashamed at taking advantage or Aki..

But Aki is terrible too, that's why Masamune and her make such a great couple: they deserve each other. Though Yoshino being the low key real villain in a show full of them is great.

godisntheradio

Neo Member

Adaki may be harsh and over the top with her rejections and we don't know what made Yoshino act against her now, but Masamune and Yoshino emotionally manipulating her like that is worse i think

Cornbread78

But Aki is terrible too, that's why Masamune and her make such a great couple: they deserve each other. Though Yoshino being the low key real villain in a show full of them is great.

Look below....

Adaki may be harsh and over the top with her rejections and we don't know what made Yoshino act against her now, but Masamune and Yoshino emotionally manipulating her like that is worse i think

Exactly what I'm saying. Masamune and Yoshino are the true assholes of the show...

Oda Nobuna ep.4
Looks like Monkey was finally usefull with a little help from his killer ninja loli's lol.

This was anither pretty good episode overall though; I got a good laugh on how he got the Princess' life saved..

Nana

I get why people like soap operas now lol.

Nana K/Nana O., i'm rooting for you girl
mjcry1.png

Shouji you a busta
hhh4.png

Nobu you a sucka
mjlol.png

Takumi.....
scust.png

Unfortunately the manga is on a pretty permanent hiatus (
mjcry1.png
) but i'd give it a B+ for the content it does have

Takumi is anime's worst monster. Fuck that guy so hard.

Maybe one day we'll see the manga continue. It's nice to dream. I just want them to be happy.

Maid Dragon - 01-03

Alright yeah I see why people had their complaints at first. I must say, the second episode was much better and by the end of the third I was sold.

Cornbread78

Masamune 4 (first few seconds)
The name "Eiji" is uttered
a shiver rolls down my spine
I am reminded of Big Order

Ah fuck, I can't unhear now..

Dragon Maid ep.3
Meh, a couple funny moments built into this, but pretty slow overall. Fafnir was the bestest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom