• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Death Parade ep.1
sGKPLKb.jpg
DAAAAAMMMNNNN

That was something, oh my...

Mailbox

Kobayashi 3

Good. I honestly think this show is best when it goes for the more slice of life or the more "human" moments than it does when it tries to go for some punchline.

The whole fafnir and darksouls part was great. I expected Lucoa to really be that dumb stereotype her character design suggests, but really she was pretty good :p The person they chose for the VA made her character work better than I expected.

While its not the best show this season by a long shot its consistant enough and well made enough for me to overlook its downsides and for the good parts to be straight up great. While i've never been one to adhere to the 3-episode rule (since i don't really give a hoot if a show is bad or not) this anime would have past that test if it did adhere to it.

Its worth a watch so far, at least.

I hear 'Eiji' said
A shiver rolls down my spine
Relived Big Order

You were so close.

I didn't think of going for the haiku, but yeah, thanks! :)

Death Parade ep.1

DAAAAAMMMNNNN

That was something, oh my...

Love how episode 2 re-contextualizes everything. You're in for a ride, buckle in!!!

Actually, if you haven't you should have watched death billiards first,but oh well.

Kiss Him Not Me episode 11 Engdub

Shino creying on Nana was the best, but also mutsumis brother in the classroom when he was about to kiss Iga but then provided evidence for IgaNana being a thing, lol.

I love this dub.

Line_HTX

Nana

I get why people like soap operas now lol.

Nana K/Nana O., i'm rooting for you girl
mjcry1.png

Shouji you a busta
hhh4.png

Nobu you a sucka
mjlol.png

Takumi.....
scust.png

Unfortunately the manga is on a pretty permanent hiatus (
mjcry1.png
) but i'd give it a B+ for the content it does have

Ugh, I wish the author didn't have health problems. The Nana anime was so good too. Both Nanas had real life problems and it was just awesome to see how they dealt with them.

Big Nana O is the better one, obviously.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's amusing contrasting the blistering fast pace of Scum's Wish vs the lethargic crawling Seiren. 4 episodes and they haven't even fondled each other.

It's amusing contrasting the blistering fast pace of Scum's Wish vs the lethargic crawling Seiren. 4 episodes and they haven't even fondled each other.
Seiren is comedy trash so it serves a completely different purpose than Scum's Wish. There's beauty to it, but it isn't trying to say anything more than it did when we saw the girl protagonist taking a sniff at the guy taking a shit in the toilet. It's a silly/filthy/trashy show. I still watch it.

Scum's Wish however is a very palpable display of what goes on in many adolescents' lives both on a physical and emotional level. It displays these things tactifully, without going into disgusting territory. I'm sure many people are repelled by the show, but I strongly believe it is one of the better offerings this season. They could have fucked the whole show up many times already, and they haven't. There is a line they don't seem to want to cross, and I trust that if they don't stray away from the direction they are going in now, this will be a great show up until the end.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Seiren 4

Well that was total nonsense.

A poor man's Amagami SS indeed.

Narag

"...and became and adult."

Pro QA.

Apparently getting subs fixed for some shows on CR is something of a process too. First or second ep of elDLIVE had some spelling/grammar issues that I reported within 30 minutes of it going up. Reply email said thanks but they'd have to run any fixes by the licensor for approval first and only then could they fix it.

Apparently getting subs fixed for some shows on CR is something of a process too. First or second ep of elDLIVE had some spelling/grammar issues that I reported within 30 minutes of it going up. Reply email said thanks but they'd have to run any fixes by the licensor for approval first and only then could they fix it.

So they misspelled Chuta, since I'm pretty sure that makes up 80% of the dialogue and inner-dialogue of this show. If nothing else elDLIVE is doing an impressive job making me miss Hitman Reborn and I fucking hate that show (mostly due to the manga, that shit retroactively ruined any enjoyment even from the anime).

Syrinx

Bungou Stray Dogs S2 1-4

Thia was almost like watching a completely different show than the first seasons. Though I found myself missing the quirkiness of season 1 during this arc, goddamn did they nail the conclusion.

Narag

Bungou Stray Dogs S2 1-4

Thia was almost like watching a completely different show than the first seasons. Though I found myself missing the quirkiness of season 1 during this arc, goddamn did they nail the conclusion.

I was hoping you'd watch all of these together. It's based off a LN covering Dazai's past but ti's so integral to the show as a whole since it changes the perception of Dazai's character going forward and, no doubt, every action from the first cour. The final exchange between Dazai and Oda is the very essence of the second cour and you can see it reflected everywhere in it. Turns out Igarashi/Enokido could still be really good if they want to be. whoknew

TUSR

Banned

"...and became and adult."

Pro QA.

Seiren doesn't air until Saturdays on CR.

Interviews with Monster Girls ep. 1 Simuldub

This was decent. I am interested in seeing where they take things with this series. Could be a cute slice of life depending on how they cover things.

Saga of Tanya the Evil ep. 1 Simuldub

They did a good job casting here. Monica Riall is a perfect Tanya, and Viktoriya is excellent as well.

I saw it pointed out that Funi removed Tanya's vague salaryman reference/foreshadowing, and while what they changed it too didn't stick out badly, I do think they should've kept that line. Other than that, I thought it was good.

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. ep. 1 Simuldub

I think this was another well done dub. I liked a lot of the casting choices, especially their choices for Jean, Grossular and Mauve.

zulux21

anyone who likes jrpgs should look into this

I figured that koei would be releasing these at 50-60 each, but nope $30 each or 20% off as a bundle.

the atelier game is a solid one (I hear) and is a find place to start the series (if you played reccettear on the pc you should take a look at it)

the other i am not sure about but either way more gust JRPGs on steam would not be a bad thing :p

ibyea

Banned
Bungo Stray Dogs: 5
People's post here reminded me that I still haven't finished this show. Holy crap I was only four episodes in when I forgot about it. Lot's of catching up to do.

So, great episode, I liked what they went with for Ranpo's character.

ibyea

Banned
Bungo Stray Dogs: 6
With this and the previous episode, they finally feel like a real detective agency. The mystery of the disappearing people was With this episode, I am totally on board with this show, I really liked it. It had a good mystery along with moments that illuminated Kunikida's character.

Conan-san

Pokemon Sun & Moon 12

Team Rocket actually wins a fight and cant comprehend it

Oh they were damn close to kicking Ash's teeth in when they first got Mimiku so it's not a massive shock.

Lana's undershirt being a swimsuit all along as well as TR's record of Critical Captures being ruined by that Cloyster, that's where the money is.

Mailbox

Masamune 4

I honestly can't tell what this show wants me to feel. Masamune and Yoshino are both really unlikable, and this episode cemented how much I pity and feel sorry for Aki.

Like, seriously, poor Aki. She doesn't deserve to be gaslighted and manipulated like this even if she is an ass. But oddly enough having the main characters be assholes in the way they are is interesting enough to keep me watching. The animation and shot composition was rather weird this episode; felt much more "budget" than the previous 3 episodes.

The new girl at the end seems like she will be some sort of "main rival" type for Aki :/ Not into overtly religious characters like she seems to be, but we'll see :S

ibyea

Banned
Bungo Stray Dogs: 7
Obvious, but well executed reveal nonetheless. A great way to cap off the two parter story, along with imparting a greater understanding in why Kunikida and Dazai work together.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Any Canadians watch the GuP movie dub in theaters yesterday?

It was a strange experience watching the film with excited fans. Like someone screamed "YES!" when the Finnish music started.

I also still don't get why Sentai couldn't license some Russian music or Maho Panzer theme, it's kind of noticable that you're listening to the musak versions of those themes when placed alongside the actual score. The dub itself was okay though, but a lot of nuance is lost compared to the Japanese dub - like you have no idea that Maho's lackey is jealous that Miho is getting all the attention, for example.

As for the movie itself, I forgot that the movie just ends without any kind of ending. Yeah there's that fluffy OVA, but still, it's kind of jarring that the climax is shortly followed by the credits and a montage.

Seiren 4

What the hell kind of ending was that? She was prolly hooking up like crazy over the past 5 years while he busy cleaning cups in a shop.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
anyone who likes jrpgs should look into this
I figured that koei would be releasing these at 50-60 each, but nope $30 each or 20% off as a bundle.

the atelier game is a solid one (I hear) and is a find place to start the series (if you played reccettear on the pc you should take a look at it)

the other i am not sure about but either way more gust JRPGs on steam would not be a bad thing :p
They're porting Atelier games to Steam now? Japan finding that new market.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Team Rocket are the best, and both Mimikyu and Hidoide are fantastic additions. I'm not sure I'll ever get sick of the group talking about whatever and Mimikyu just stumbling around in the background accompanied by that screeching.

There's nothing more weeb than referring to Pokémon by their Japanese names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom