• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (Subtitled) Episode 58 – Versus Edo (Part 1) E-HERO vs. E-HERO

I wonder if Edo Phoenix will lose, I just want to see Lord Saio be really wrong here, lol.

Edo Phoenix flying into the school was the best.

BoJack Horseman S2 9

And so begins the end of season downward spiral for BoJack. This may be the worst of them all since PC has gotten him back on his feet more than you can count and that support may not be there anymore.

God I love that episode. It has some of the most incredible voice acting in an animated show and the relationship between PC and Bojack was so well handled with how closely focused this episode was on, the subtlety of the animation and some of the lines are my favorite in the entire series.

"You want a mommy you can slide your dick in!"

And I was emotionally destroyed after Bojack says
“I do love you, by the way. As much as I’m capable of loving someone. Which is never enough. I’m sorry.”
And Princess Carolyn's face just...goes through this complicated span of emotions and it just fucking hurt. Especially with what happens at the end.

The jokes were on point too, from the song playing when PC drives away to the Donkey family helping out and that drunk dude at the bar.

It's my favorite episode of the series. I know a lot of others are more well regarded or have stronger emotional impact but I think this episode was just...so fucking strong and so real. It hurt.

Skidd

Little Witch Academia 4
Also, who was GreatBen? Diana? Or one of Amanda's friends? Something I'm sure will come up in future episodes.
Rewatch the scene where they go back to the school :)

It was the blue haired teacher from the beginning of the episode

Narag

Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen

zpGAoORl.jpg
HIUCyV9l.jpg
EtuHITJl.png

I can see why the Monogatari fans were all in on these movies. They're pretty damn good. I'm not sure when I fully bought into things but once I did, my attention was held rather tightly.

Just leaves the GuP movie for tomorrow night and I'm ready for AOTY voting at last.

It's funny how bojack horseman went from a hit or miss comedy in the first half of season 1, that seems to have been the half folks reviewed, to this Netflix and Internet drama darling.

KraytarJ

Yuri on Ice 8 & 9
The Grand Prix series ends with Yuri making it in on a technicality and Yurio going in at his best, it'll be interesting to see the effects on the Finals. The main thing I took away from Rostelecom was Yuri's growth as a skater. He leads into his short program but grabbing Victor and taking his attention and after they're separated and he finds trouble in the start of his free skate instead of wallowing in fear and how his failure will reflect on Victor and how it'll end their relationship he clears his mind and steels his resolve for gold. Just tremendous growth as a character and as a skater for Yuri and the best is still yet to come. Addition I gotta say seeing a Canadian be one of the main rivals is pretty cool, even if he's a bit over the top.

Ascheroth

Little Witch Academia 4

Funny how Lotte almost becomes likable when she's given something to be passionate about. Speaking of likable, remind me why we're supposed to like Akko again? She's still worthless at magic, and all she seems genuinely talented at is dragging her friends into trouble. And she skipped out on a potentially good lesson. Anyway, I do find the idea of a story told throughout the ages with a magic pen to be interesting, but it seems like the entire thing just became a big mess at some point with no clear vision, (because there's so many authors that probably never talked to each other) so I can see why a lot of people aren't fans of it. Lotte not wanting to become like her idol makes for a nice contrast with Akko, but it just reinforces her passiveness, which is the main reason I don't care much for her. Also, who was GreatBen? Diana? Or one of Amanda's friends? Something I'm sure will come up in future episodes.
It was shown when they return to the school. It's
Badcock-sensei.

Qurupeke

Little Witch Academia 4
Watching anime
KurPMEo.jpg

I thought the magic pen was cursed and Lotta would have to write the novels forever if she couldn't find someone else to do the work, but I guess the show is more lighthearted than that. Fun episode with a lot of Lotte characterization, though it was a lot more down to Earth and had less Akko antics than the previous episodes.

duckroll

Granblue Fantasy - Episode 1-2

This was alright I guess. I really like the designs and the colors. Katalina's action animation rocks. The story is kinda Grandia 3 Lite or whatever. There isn't really much to go on here. Hope the series ends up good. I want epic air pirate battles and shit.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The SAO movie is one of the few anime films I've seen playing at my local theater, but the trailer is so boring (even by SAO standards) that I dunno if I should go or not...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The SAO movie is one of the few anime films I've seen playing at my local theater, but the trailer is so boring (even by SAO standards) that I dunno if I should go or not...

Do you really want to give Reki Kawahara your money?

jett

D-Member
I finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Overall it was pretty standard shonen stuff, it never reaches the emotional highs of something like HxH or JoJo. I felt like the "lore" and backstory stuff made very little sense, to be honest.

But it was fun, and in the last third of the show I was invested enough in the characters and events going on. Maybe the animation budget completely exploding in the last 20 episodes also helped. Some really amazing sequences, among the best animation I've seen on TV anime (scenery still looks crappola tho).

It was aight.

TheRancor

Is it just me or is the AOTY 2016 countdown timer broken due to the time being set to 12.00am rather than 11.59pm/23:59

Also, not that I'm voting for it but is Boy and the Beast eligible? It seems to have dropped off everyone's radar lol.

Szadek

Little Witch Academia - Ep. 4
Lotte Episode! Turns out she is a massive Twilight... I mean Night Fall fan.
The message of the episode was pretty clear. You should write for your fans and ignore the haters.
They certianly choose an interesting pick for this subject matter.

Cornbread78

Is it just me or is the AOTY 2016 countdown timer broken due to the time being set to 12.00am rather than 11.59pm/23:59

Also, not that I'm voting for it but is Boy and the Beast eligible? It seems to have dropped off everyone's radar lol.

All this time and your the first to notice, lol.

I fixed it: (within 5 mins)

t1485935700z4.png

blurr

I watched the first Kizu movie, haven't got around to watch the second one but I might as well watch it together with the final one.

Bungo Stray Dogs Episodes 1-3

I am really enjoying the show so far. Atsushi is interesting enough and I really like Dazai and his eccentricities. I think they could have built up the first encounter with
Ryuonuuske
more.

The tone is kinda surprising though, I thought this show was a little more serious?

I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, but are there any anime left out there that could possible "WOW" me at this (knowing what I like in my anime) point? I always wonder if I'm missing something that I should be watching? (Around 50 eps or less)

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cornbread78&status=1

(I know, I know. It's too much work to change now)

What kind of wow? Wow, how could this get made or wow, this is good ;P

blurr

I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, but are there any anime left out there that could possible "WOW" me at this (knowing what I like in my anime) point? I always wonder if I'm missing something that I should be watching? (Around 50 eps or less)

how much do you watch per day good sir

My rec:
Tiger and Bunny
Zankyou no Terror
Redline (film)
R.O.D OVA
Kuromukuro
Coffin Princess Chaika
Hanasaku Iroha
Great Teacher Onizuka
Pom Poko (film)
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works
Baccano (are you kidding me?!)
Durarara
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Beck

phaze

Shigurui will make you go WOW guaranteed. A love triangle in a carefully crafted, historical setting, with 2 men vying for the hand of an heiress. Truly a hot blooded experience. From the director of Orange no less !*

I mantain Mawaru and Dennou Coil endings should be to your liking but other than that, would rec Mononoke. (though rather for its overall qualities and not for being geared to you.)

Ouran High School Host Club is also a worthwhile show but I wouldn't say it's going to do that WOW thing you want.

If Haikyu doesn't make you WOW at least 20 times...I don't know what, but it WILL make you WOW.

It's a movie but still

Watch Sword of the stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom