• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

Love Live! Sunshine!! 09

They've all finally joined the group then. 3d dancing seems better than the original series at least...

is there a video of the dancing in Love Live? I don't think I have seen any despite my TL being flooded with LL pictures and gifs from time to time

Narag

I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, but are there any anime left out there that could possible "WOW" me at this (knowing what I like in my anime) point? I always wonder if I'm missing something that I should be watching? (Around 50 eps or less)

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cornbread78&status=1

(I know, I know. It's too much work to change now)

I know two things but I'll have to look up their names when I get home

Line_HTX

Damn, Tanya's expression and ahoge.

C3aE7vfUMAIYtNO.jpg

phaze

I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, but are there any anime left out there that could possible "WOW" me at this (knowing what I like in my anime) point? I always wonder if I'm missing something that I should be watching? (Around 50 eps or less)

On further retrospection, When Marnie Was There, The Tale of Princess Kaguya, Tokyo Godfathers and Millenium Actress might be something you'd enjoy.

Cornbread78

I know two things but I'll have to look up their names when I get home

I'll keep an eye out later.

On further retrospection, When Marnie Was There, The Tale of Princess Kaguya, Tokyo Godfathers and Millenium Actress might be something you'd enjoy.

Gibli stuff, huh? I've watched about 1/2 of Marnie and need to finish at some point. The beginning is pretty slow.

Millenium Actress has been on my PTW list forever now and I need to give it a whirl at some point.

Reign: The Conqueror

This one?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1442/Alexander_Senki

My first search brought up "The Romantic Tale of a Foreign Love Affair"

That is a DTL show, lol.

New Game! 01

Gotta have a Kirara Jump in the OP since it's a Manga Time Kirara anime ;P

Couldn't she have just knocked on the door after forgetting the key card?
That's what I do when I forget mine...

Line_HTX

New Game! 01

Gotta have a Kirara Jump in the OP since it's a Manga Time Kirara anime ;P

Couldn't she have just knocked on the door after forgetting the key card?
That's what I do when I forget mine...

Knocking the door is too convenient in the morning. Plus panicking on the first day of work, lol

The last three episodes did damper my overall feelings towards the show a decent amount.

I have to admit I felt the same way. There's was something about them that dragged the buildup down a bit and I wasn't too pleased.

Cornbread78

What kind of wow? Wow, how could this get made or wow, this is good ;P

No idea, a cross between that "wow" moment at the end of Clannad/Little Busters to the "wow" moment in episode 22 of Code Geass with Euphemia. Even White Albun 2's episode 13 provided that "wow" moment. Mustang's "burning revenge" The same with the final episode of the Aincrad arc in SAO.

more of that, lol.

how much do you watch per day good sir
My rec:
Coffin Princess Chaika (I forgot about this one.... maybe next)
Hanasaku Iroha (maybe soon)
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works (I watched the first, but.... )
Beck (still haven't been pushed between this one and Nana, lol)

Shigurui

I mantain Mawaru and Dennou Coil endings should be to your liking but other than that, would rec Mononoke. (though rather for its overall qualities and not for being geared to you.)

I'm watching Dennou Coil and Penguindrum right now, I'm looking ahead a couple weeks, lol.

Shigurui- Sounds bloody, lol.

JulianImp

I watched the first Kizu movie, haven't got around to watch the second one but I might as well watch it together with the final one.

I was kind of glad I got to watch the first and second back-to-back (one on BD, the other on theatre), because the way part 1 ended just left me looking for more.

By the way, is it known when the last movie's going to be releasing on BD?

Gankutsuou is my all time favorite anime and I don't see it on your list. I think you would really enjoy it and it's on crunchy and funimation to stream. Subbed or dubbed both are quality. The art style is for sure interesting but awesome.

It did come out in 2004 so it might show it's age a little in terms on animation. But the show is based on the Count of Monte Cristo and it is incredible.

and it's only 24 episodes

Cornbread78

Gankutsuou is my all time favorite anime and I don't see it on your list. I think you would really enjoy it and it's on crunchy and funimation to stream. Subbed or dubbed both are quality. The art style is for sure interesting but awesome.

It did come out in 2004 so it might show it's age a little in terms on animation. But the show is based on the Count of Monte Cristo and it is incredible.

and it's only 24 episodes

We actually watched it as part of a "Let's Watch" last year. It got a little crazy, but was pretty good stuff. I wish the ending was a little more conclusive.

Hamst3r

After comparing our scores a bit I'd say:

Princess Jellyfish (11 eps)
Detroit Metal City (12 eps)
Ping Pong The Animation (11 eps)
Yakitate!! Japan (69 eps)

and I might throw Monster and Princess Tutu on there too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
With the AotY deadline approaching I decided to revisit my list once more. Of course my votes will have zero impact on the final tally.

Never did get round to watching another film…

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Every vote counts. The placement of Rebellion and Kaguyahime in 2014 was decided by more or less one first place vote.

Homura did nothing wrong.

Quasar

The SAO movie is one of the few anime films I've seen playing at my local theater, but the trailer is so boring (even by SAO standards) that I dunno if I should go or not...

I doubt I'll get to see it in the threatre. The main points of interest for me are seeing how AR is treated in this universe and hoping to see Asuna/Kirito developed a bit more.

New Game! 03

Heh, they're using the real station names then :p

Hm... Hadn't Aoba only worked there for a week when she started on the model? And now it's been a month and she's spent only a week on the model? Did I miss something or how does that work?

We actually watched it as part of a "Let's Watch" last year. It got a little crazy, but was pretty good stuff. I wish the ending was a little more conclusive.

Ah got ya!

The ending is pretty different from the source when everything else is pretty close. But glad you liked it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom