• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
For modern I recommend Yami Shibai and the first season of Kagewani.

For old-school I recommend Vampire Princess Miyu TV.

And although not strictly speaking horror, Mononoke does have some horror-ish elements but you should watch it anyway because it's fucking amazing.

I will take a look at the first two for sure! Thank you.

As for Mononoke I have seen it already and it is incredible. I didn't put it here as you put it, it just has horror-ish elements. and I am looking for things more the style of what I said anyway!

Narag

Girls und Panzer der Film

Probably one of the most flimsy premises I've seen for a movie but that last hour embodies what you want from a tv show making a jump to a theatrical film to be. It's not just an extended tv episode but something taking full advantage of the change in medium.

ibyea

Banned
The real Poe is perhaps most well known for his dark horror stories, but he also wrote some of the earliest detective stories. He pretty much founded the genre of detective fiction in the form that would later become common through the work of Conan Doyle and others. So this fictional version of him is highly appropriate in that sense.

Yeah, I was aware of that, but it would have been cool! I guess in some ways it's my fault for having built up this image I had of what Poe would be like if he showed up. Funnily enough, the Poe in this anime is a shoddy, third rate mystery writer.

Narag

Yeah, I was aware of that, but it would have been cool! I guess in some ways it's my fault for having built up this image I had of what Poe would be like if he showed up. Funnily enough, the Poe in this anime is a shoddy, third rate mystery writer.

I think that's an unfair assessment. He's not only the only person to truly test Rampo thus far in his career but Rampo was glad to see more of his work after.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Fafner in the Azure 17

haha i had to pause the episode because the way souchi prepares to talk to kazuki was too funny, i'm glad kazuki said he's awkward for me.
i liked the scene with Canon, the outcome was predictable but it wasn't out of nowhere. The business of the island still sounds fishy.

ibyea

Banned
I think that's an unfair assessment. He's not only the only person to truly test Rampo thus far in his career but Rampo was glad to see more of his work after.

All I have to go on is the mystery he challenged Ranpo with. And if anyone presented me a mystery like that, I would call it a bad mystery.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
the trajectory of forest fairy five
9WS2k4q.jpg
XLfqYOz.jpg
This show is fourteen minutes long and the intro sequence for every episode is the same four minutes of very serious world building that makes no sense. After you get past that the rest of the show is mostly voice actors hanging out with some very bad camera motion capture applied to chibi fairy models that are all based around various fungus. It is super weird and the comedy is the sort of self-aware stuff you'd expect. Early on there was some weird travelogue stuff that had real video but now they mostly just want to be an idol group. Highly recommended.

Narag

The deed is done.

This show is fourteen minutes long and the intro sequence for every episode is the same four minutes of very serious world building that makes no sense. After you get past that the rest of the show is mostly voice actors hanging out with some very bad camera motion capture applied to chibi fairy models that are all based around various fungus. It is super weird and the comedy is the sort of self-aware stuff you'd expect. Early on there was some weird travelogue stuff that had real video but now they mostly just want to be an idol group. Highly recommended.

8 votes for episode 4. Talk about the path unbeaten.

ibyea

Banned
Miss Bernard Said: 8
The reason I skipped to 8 is because I have read Fermat's Last Theorem by Simon Singh and I was curious what they were going to say. I guess the comedy is not for me.

Clov

This sounds a lot like Gdgd Fairies. Same staff?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This sounds a lot like Gdgd Fairies. Same staff?
It has a Rokujigen Animation label at the end, and the only thing they are credited with is the gdgd Fairies movie as far as I can tell. Really doubt it has the same director though because I think he is stuck in Pachislot hell.

Saga of Tanya the Evil (Youjo Senki) 4

Watching Tanya shoot herself in the foot was pretty hilarious. I’m not even sure how it didn’t dawn on her what would happen after she outlined that plan. She definitely deserves it, and at least we'll (hopefully) get some more cool battles.

KraytarJ

Interviews with Monster Girls 1-4
Throw another one onto the pile of shows that are way better than they sound. Pretty well-written and funny show, with the standouts being Vampire-chan and Succubus-san. Little weird that it's a harem though, and Sensei is on the fast track to prison at this rate.

Bungo Stray Dogs 23

The character arcs are coming together pretty well. Atsushi and Akutagawa's characters are being tied together quite nicely, and Dazai and Kyouka are getting some good time as well. Explicitly tying Dazai's backstory into his words to Kyouka is a welcome touch. Francis comes across a little underdeveloped by comparison - inevitable with substantially less screen time - but I appreciate how the show is still attempting to flesh him out as a character. Seeing his cavalier facade being steadily punched away to reveal the traumatized man inside was reasonably effective.

This is the kind of dramatic finale I like in my battle anime. It's expanded the scale, with the Moby Dick poised to crash and burn onto Yokohama, but it keeps the characters and emotional themes front and center instead of just mindlessly ratcheting up the power levels.

Line_HTX

Gargantia ep.2
9jKUeMm.jpg

The music in this show is excellent. It's also a really pretty show to look at! It took awhile to ramp up, but that display of technology, firepower and precision was exactly what I loved about the battles in Gate; utter domminance.

Gargantia is like GATE?

ibyea

Banned
Girlish Number: 11-12, end
Not sure if I completely buy Chitose's turnaround. But hey, the show turned out to be pretty decent overall,

Mailbox

yay! got my avi done... finally. made something more animated rather than stock bs.

I kinda just realized that my early week is pretty empty for anime. maybe i should actually bother with that yowamushi pedal sequel.

Oh its that type of show? Maybe Ill check it out. The last one I watched, the mecha girls one had lots of funny moments.

I don't think it had VA events tickets? The first one had event tickers for a meting with Kubo, if I recall correctly.

Vol. 2 got tickets for this event at Maihama Amphitheater with lots of cast members:
http://yurionice.com/news/detail.php?id=1041311

出演:豊永利行、諏訪部順一、内山昂輝、日野 聡、羽多野 渉、本城雄太郎、小野賢章、村瀬 歩、土岐隼一、福山 潤、久保ミツロウ ほか

Vol. 1 had the event ticket for the daytime part of the event and vol. 2 for the nighttime part it seems :p

zulux21

so take this with a grain of salt but sankaku complex is reporting that people seeing the screener of sword art online movie are saying it ends with a sword art online will return announcing a season 3.

not that that would be unexpected, but still :p

I can't read Japanese, but what I got from reading around now it's that it doesn't have event tickets per se, but some kind of lottery you can apply if you preorder?

That's how event tickets work. It's a ticket for applying for a lottery. That's why people buy multiple copies so they have a higher chance of winning.

Cornbread78

so take this with a grain of salt but sankaku complex is reporting that people seeing the screener of sword art online movie are saying it ends with a sword art online will return announcing a season 3.

HHYYYYYPPPEEEEE! I call dibs on the S3 OT, lol

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Yay.

Cornbread78

I was told there is rape apparently....

Not so sure about this.

Well, I don't want to speculate what I cannot confirm, but, from what I've heard, it does take some of the things people hated about the Fairy Dance arc and expands on them
to answer your question, yes, rape and some really graphic shit too and not 16.5 stuff, but real naty rapey shit (see below)

a couple key points I've heard about it outside of that is:

- Mostly real world setting
- Character focus on Asuna, Kirito and Sinon
- Some really edgy/gross shit with drugging/rape

Real focus on the technology/sci-fi portion of the show, which has me the most excited.. Outside of that, I have no idea what to expect, I just hope to see more of Aincrad as well as the Fairy Land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom