• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Game! 10

1d6Qkzi.jpg

Nevermind. It's believable after all ;P

Aoba does some Naraging in this episode then.

Oh, and

Ain't that the truth.
If you even actually enjoy your job in the first place

blurr

Have you despaired while testing before? How stressful was it?

I haven't spent too much time on testing, I just make sure functionality is as per design and let the testers worry about more minute issues. Testing involves spending hours playing and replaying the same thing - once reported and if there's a deadline nearby you have to replay again to make sure if it is fine + there are situations where new issues might arise as a result of a change. This could go on over night from morning depending on deadlines. It's probably nice at first but gets very tedious fast.

It just goes on and on until release.

New Game! 10
Oh, and

Ain't that the truth.
If you even actually enjoy your job in the first place

the struggle is real

GAF, in anticipation of Code Geass S3, I have the Blu-rays for S1 and S2 sitting in my Amazon cart. I'd like to do a re-watch this summer, maybe. It has been a while since I've seen it. At $32.99 a pop, that's as low as I've seen them.

Before I pull the trigger, thought I'd ask around... Is the Blu-ray quality decent? Worth that price?

zulux21

GAF, in anticipation of Code Geass S3, I have the Blu-rays for S1 and S2 sitting in my Amazon cart. I'd like to do a re-watch this summer, maybe. It has been a while since I've seen it. At $32.99 a pop, that's as low as I've seen them.

Before I pull the trigger, thought I'd ask around... Is the Blu-ray quality decent? Worth that price?

you can thank best buy for the price :p (aka they are the same there and merely price matched by amazon)
as for the quality well...

i think I have heard the video quality is fine... audio on the other hand.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...audio-issues-on-code-geass-r2-release/.107770

which then they turned around and sent blu ray buyers half dvd and half blu ray replacement disks.

so that has been a bit of a mess lol.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ACCA 13 Episode 4:

Good lord, while you certainly could not accuse this series on slacking on the world building though this is really starting to feel like a civics lesson rather then a taut political thriller.

Jex

Gargantia ep.4
PSeaHIg.jpg

The action scenes are really well done in this show so far with an outstanding OST in the background. It's unfortunate that the "Pirate Captain" has
she-slaves to go along with her over-the-top bas-ass woman attitude.
WTF was that? I did get a big kick out of the "Surrender, Surrender, surrender" repeatedly with the
ship suddenly breaking and going flying through the air. I can't wait for that miserable piece of pirate crap to come back and try that act again...

Look, I've rehosted the original image for you here: http://abload.de/img/gargantia3lunchcosrb.jpg

See, look how much better it looks:
Gargantia ep.4
The action scenes are really well done in this show so far with an outstanding OST in the background. It's unfortunate that the "Pirate Captain" has
she-slaves to go along with her over-the-top bas-ass woman attitude.
WTF was that? I did get a big kick out of the "Surrender, Surrender, surrender" repeatedly with the
ship suddenly breaking and going flying through the air. I can't wait for that miserable piece of pirate crap to come back and try that act again...
Please, protect my eyes.

Szadek

Mawaru Penguindrum - Ep. 9
b357bb89.jpg

This was a strange episode, even by this shows standards, but it explains quite a bit about Himari's backstory as well as who that red haired chick is.
The ED suddenly also makes a lot more sense.

New Game! 12

Which GAFfers are this? :p

Well, it's no Shirobako or even Seiyu's Life, since it doesn't really go that deep into the actual work it's about. It's still enjoyable though, with some funny parts, some reaction faces and the characters are good. Even the shy girl isn't annoying (unlike the shy girl in Shirobako). Some questionable shots in the first couple of episodes though, without any kind of context or reason to be there. Dunno what that was all about, but it was better about that later on at least with having some context...

A 3 star rating on Amazon before release of this new game.

Clov

In This Corner of the World has been picked up for distribution by Shout Factory for the US and Canada. This includes both home video and theatrical rights. Can't say that I expected that! Looks like they're picking up more anime lately, between this and Digimon Adventure Tri.

phaze

Kuzu no Honkai 03

Huh, this was actually real good ? Booting out the Nisekoi reject already bringing in the dividends.

It's pretty fun that we're only at ep 3 and their "let's not fall in love with each other" already seems to be in tatters.

Voror

you can thank best buy for the price :p (aka they are the same there and merely price matched by amazon)
as for the quality well...

i think I have heard the video quality is fine... audio on the other hand.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...audio-issues-on-code-geass-r2-release/.107770

which then they turned around and sent blu ray buyers half dvd and half blu ray replacement disks.

so that has been a bit of a mess lol.

I contacted them about it at the end of the month in December, but haven't gotten anything yet. So that's worriesome. Wonder how this got so screwed up.

I think Cornbread just google searches images of the episodes and then re-hosts them to imgur.

I mean, I used to do that too in my early days of posting on AnimeGAF, but then I learned of the magical PrntScrn function!

KraytarJ

Nadeko Medusa
That was probably one of my favourite arcs in Monogatari, only second to Neko I'd say. What a brutal and fascinating deconstruction of what was a character that was really just cute and pretty much nothing else. Coming in I'll say I really didn't care for Nadeko because she really didn't offer much but after that I really want to see how this plays out.

Kuzu no Honkai 03

Huh, this was actually real good ? Booting out the Nisekoi reject already bringing in the dividends.

It's pretty fun that we're only at ep 3 and their "let's not fall in love with each other" already seems to be in tatters.

I didn't comment it past week, but yeah, episode 3 was really good. Very good moments, perfectly directed, from Hinabi saving the girl in the train and letting her know it was ok to not be fine, and the flash of color in the middle of b&w flashback, to how they presented the lesbian love as something genuine and not gratuitous, to how the focus on the single tear in the important moment between them and then VA doing a great job in her painful situation.

If Rakugo S2 wouldn't be in this season (ep 4 was great), this would clearly be the highlight of the season.

I wonder what will happen now that it seems the melodrama will start kicking in. For now they have been surprisingly restrained, given the plot and situation.

Line_HTX

New Game! 12

Which GAFfers are this? :p

Well, it's no Shirobako or even Seiyu's Life, since it doesn't really go that deep into the actual work it's about. It's still enjoyable though, with some funny parts, some reaction faces and the characters are good. Even the shy girl isn't annoying (unlike the shy girl in Shirobako). Some questionable shots in the first couple of episodes though, without any kind of context or reason to be there. Dunno what that was all about, but it was better about that later on at least with having some context...

A 3 star rating on Amazon before release of this new game.

Insiders buying all the different special and collector's editions, lol

Mike likes to bully Hifumi.

In This Corner of the World has been picked up for distribution by Shout Factory for the US and Canada. This includes both home video and theatrical rights. Can't say that I expected that! Looks like they're picking up more anime lately, between this and Digimon Adventure Tri.

I'm not sure what Shout Factory's theatrical distribution network is like, but hopefully they can get this shown somewhere near me. Really excited to see it.

ACCA 13 - 04

The OP
naga-song2.gif

Rest of this episode though, not so hot.

Can't say they get me excited for this nation and the districts with their quirks.

Jean doesn't seem to have any further characteristics or secrets revealed either and comes off as rather bland. If the show continues with this sort of pace, episodic trips to all the districts and it's only until the end where it really culmulates into something meaningful then I'll likely drop it soon.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Even I haven't gone as far as rehosting someone's image.

You guys are reaching the next level of bullying. The Narhius Era.

Yu-gi-oh! 5D's Episode 55

I still wanted more of this arc, they could have made Kiryu duel last just a bit longer. The backstory got so emotional and wow that huge misunderstanding.

Majestic Dragon was the best, Stardust Dragon continuing to prove just how good it is

I think Cornbread just google searches images of the episodes and then re-hosts them to imgur.

I mean, I used to do that too in my early days of posting on AnimeGAF, but then I learned of the magical PrntScrn function!

I mean... I still do this...

Too much effort man. I already spend, like, five minutes looking for the perfect shot for the episode on Google.

Too much effort man. I already spend, like, five minutes looking for the perfect shot for the episode on Google.

Taking a screenshot takes literally seconds. Why waste time searching on Google when you could just take a screenshot of exactly what you want?

Taking a screenshot takes literally seconds. Why waste time searching on Google when you could just take a screenshot of exactly what you want?

Pretty much this. What if there's a specific moment of the episode you want to capture?

Otherwise you're just posting a picture from the episode just for the sake of posting a picture from the episode.

Not to say that there's anything wrong with that, but it certainly paints a better image of the show by screencapping it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom