• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Pretty much this. What if there's a specific moment of the episode you want to capture?

Otherwise you're just posting a picture from the episode just for the sake of posting a picture from the episode.

Not to say that there's anything wrong with that, but it certainly paints a better image of the show by screencapping it yourself.

Get 'im!!

Narag

Girls und Panzer: Alice War
ax9LZysl.jpg
fund it

Taking a screenshot takes literally seconds. Why waste time searching on Google when you could just take a screenshot of exactly what you want?

Pretty much this. What if there's a specific moment of the episode you want to capture?

Otherwise you're just posting a picture from the episode just for the sake of posting a picture from the episode.

Not to say that there's anything wrong with that, but it certainly paints a better image of the show by screencapping it yourself.

Because I watch all my anime on my PS4.

And no. The reason I spend time searching is to find a screenshot of a particular scene I remember. I don't post a picture if I can't find the exact screen I wanted. Usually it's a shot I want to talk about or a screen of what I feel encapsulates the episode.

Edit: A good example, this season, is Fuuka and Yamishibi. I just can't find the screens I want for each episode so I don't even bother. When I get to episodes where I feel it is needed I'll add one.

Acca 13 4

Interesting episode with the district that's so secluded they are actually forbidden to have most modern advances. But the plot of the coup felt a bit... simplistic? Corrupt politician, spoiled high class, downtrodden commoners looking to change things, etc... I don't expect the show to break new ground but focusing a whole episode on it and not really doing anything for the overall plot that I can see seemed like a waste. But if it's following the manga and they are planning to finish this in the amount of episodes designated, then all to them.

Also I don't see the significance of
the cigarette he was offered while captured
but it'll be revealed later I suppose.

Fuuka 5

One of the most annoying aspects of most harems is the great question of why the female characters throw themselves at the bland everydude that is the main character. What drives them to just chomp at his dick bits like the sky is falling? Now, a good harem, if you believe in such a thing gives at least some semblance of reason for the attraction.

Fuuka doesn't. Fuuka doesn't even seem to try that much. Christ just look at this interaction right here.

download.png

New female haremette is assuaging the the main doofus that he doesn't look like a nerd with his band equipment. Said main character...
download_1.png

"Fuck off the edge of my dick lady."
download_2.png

Passionate stirring stuff guys.

sonicmj1

Cornbread78 just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about AnimeGAF culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on MyAnimeList where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you post blurry screeshots over in AnimeGAF, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is AnimeGAF posters, after seeing this, are not going to want to read any more Cornbread78 posts, nor will they participate in his Let's Watch threads. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Cornbread78 has alienated an entire community with this move.

Cornbread78, publicly apologize and download Greenshot or you can kiss your account goodbye.

It's really not a big deal if you keep doing things the same way

duckroll

I personally like CornBread's shitty screenshots. They're funny. I mean it's not like I can be bothered to read his posts anyway, so at least the bad pictures give me something to laugh at while scrolling down the page!

I personally like CornBread's shitty screenshots. They're funny. I mean it's not like I can be bothered to read his posts anyway, so at least the bad pictures give me something to laugh at while scrolling down the page!

You know there is an ignore function.

That is a whole other process. If I could link a direct screenshot from Twitter I would. It's not as simple as pressing a button and then BAM its on AnimeGAF.

You can link a direct screenshot from Twitter here. I've done it frequently.

ACCA - 04

I don't really have much to say about this show negatively. I like it for what it is. This week we got to see things from a different perspective which was pretty interesting.

That is a whole other process. If I could link a direct screenshot from Twitter I would. It's not as simple as pressing a button and then BAM its on AnimeGAF.

FandomSecret: I do it all the time.

PS4 is also not the best option, the images always seem like they are not in the highest quality, and also, you have to actually time pushing the share button with the moment you want because if you pause you get the user interface in the image.

This is a surprisingly solid season. I know we're only 3 or 4 episodes in but I'm finding more shows being good to great than usual, and not just the mediocre shit I follow sometimes.

Obviously it'll take to the end to pan out to determine what's great or good but otherwise a lot of stuff shows promise or is doing well so far.

Suzuka 1-26 [Finished]

I want to yell my co-worker for suggesting this show to me.

He told me the ANIME was a prequel to Fuuka and that it shows parents from that show and how they met and how they grow and start a family.

First part? True. Second part? Total lie. While the manga may delve into adult life, this show starts in high school and ends in high school. This is run-of-the-mill slice-of-life / harem show no matter which way you slice it. Usually, I am a sucker for this genre, but this show just lays on the cliches so thick. Suzuka starts off as an interesting enough character, but fails to prove in any real way why the main character should even like her. And the main character is so obsessed with her that I legitimately worried that this might go full School Days on me.

And you know what? I would've been fine with that. Because it would've done SOMETHING. I just cannot in good conscious recommend this show to anyone. It's not offensively bad, but it is by no means good.

And now my co-worker tells me that the past high school segment of the story is in the manga. Screw that man. You wasted my weekend. I could've been spending it finishing Cowboy Bebop. Gah!

The ending feels so rushed, too. No time to let everything settle and see a real outcome. Just the painful FIRST STEP in the relationship.

Oh. And the anime is about track or something. But not really.

Quasar

Suzuka 1-26 [Finished]

The ending feels so rushed, too. No time to let everything settle and see a real outcome. Just the painful FIRST STEP in the relationship.

Oh. And the anime is about track or something. But not really.

First half of the manga. And its actually got me to try to read mangas. And its also the first anime about sports that I got into. But then I'm not into sports much and so something with it mostly as a backdrop is my kind of thing.

Quasar

Spoken like a good mod :)

KraytarJ

This is a surprisingly solid season. I know we're only 3 or 4 episodes in but I'm finding more shows being good to great than usual, and not just the mediocre shit I follow sometimes.

Obviously it'll take to the end to pan out to determine what's great or good but otherwise a lot of stuff shows promise or is doing well so far.
This season has been way better than I thought it would be. There's like 3 shows that are way better than they sounded, Rakugo S2 is still very solid (I was a little concerned it'd be a steep decline from the first one considering it's basically a new cast), and Konosuba S2 has, to this point, been an improvement from S1.

I was worried after hearing Netflix got LWA that all I would be watching was Rakugo and MaiDragon but it's been a good season so far.

Narag

Kemono Friends 4

jfc they're really going there with the NO HUMANS ARE LEFT angle in what's ostensibly some sort of self-sufficient amusement park. None of the animal girls know anything about tools etc because they've never SEEN them used. The Tsuchinoko that's researching ruins doesn't recognize the human girl at first but later realizes not WHO she is but WHAT she is. i wish i was just shitposting about this too. i never asked for this

iIRo1pt.gif

Well shit...

66K1tjx.gif

You just reminded me we still don't have a Rick and Morty Season 3.

*cries*

First half of the manga. And its actually got me to try to read mangas. And its also the first anime about sports that I got into. But then I'm not into sports much and so something with it mostly as a backdrop is my kind of thing.

I don't have the patience for it anymore. Sorry man. Maybe one day when I am super bored.

TUSR

Banned
All Simulcast times are listed as UTC+00:00

Monday
5:00 Tales of Zestria the X
cE2spqV.png

16:00 Gabriel DropOut
17B2PFm.png

18:35 Chiruran 1/2
17B2PFm.png

19:05 Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation
17B2PFm.png

Tuesday
16:00 ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Ai-Mai-Mi Surgical Friends
17B2PFm.png

18:00 Hand Shakers
17B2PFm.png

19:05 Kemono Friends
17B2PFm.png

Wednesday
14:00 Akiba's Trip The Animation
17B2PFm.png

15:30 Piacevole
17B2PFm.png

16:00 One Room
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
17B2PFm.png

17:00 CHAOS;CHILD
17B2PFm.png

18:35 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2
17B2PFm.png

Thursday
15:30 Piace: Watashi no Italian
17B2PFm.png

16:00 Masamune-kun's Revenge
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Marginal#4: Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang
17B2PFm.png

16:40 Koro Sensei Quest!
17B2PFm.png

17:00 Super Lovers 2
17B2PFm.png

Friday
13:30 FOREST FAIRY FIVE
17B2PFm.png

15:30 Saga of Tanya the Evil
17B2PFm.png

16:00 Fuuka
17B2PFm.png

17:00 Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel
17B2PFm.png

18:30 Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc
17B2PFm.png

19:45 Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceita
17B2PFm.png

20:45 Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen
17B2PFm.png

Saturday
6:00 Seiren
17B2PFm.png

6:00 URARA MEIROCHO
vLIADRB.png

12:30 GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation
17B2PFm.png

14:00 BanG Dream!
17B2PFm.png

14:30 Spiritpact
17B2PFm.png

16:00 Rewrite: Moon and Terra
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Interviews With Monster Girls
17B2PFm.png

18:45 SENGOKUCHOJYUGIGA Season 2
17B2PFm.png

Sunday
16:30 Idol Incidents
17B2PFm.png

17:00 ēlDLIVE
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Nyanko Days
17B2PFm.png

19:15 Yami Shibai 4th Season
17B2PFm.png

19:35 Gintama.
17B2PFm.png

TBD Little Witch Academia (TV)
6gkwHJm.png

 
17B2PFm.png
- Crunchyroll
cE2spqV.png
- Funimation
GfekrDR.png
- Daisuki
88kOei1.png
- Amazon Prime
vLIADRB.png
- The Anime Network
6gkwHJm.png
- Netflix
Let me know if I missed something.

Let me know if I missed something.

Funimation's Broadcast Dubs:
  • Akiba's Trip
  • ēlDLIVE
  • Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceita
  • CHAOS;CHILD
  • Fuuka
  • Hand Shakers
  • Interviews With Monster Girls
  • Masamune-kun's Revenge
  • Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid
  • Saga of Tanya the Evil

Dai-Guard Episode 7

Yes, yes, yes, they actually did something nice with Shirota and Akagi characters, mainly Shirota due to his lecture being stolen in the ramen shop, but afterwards actually doing something more than just the role he was giving but living out someone elses role and making a critical decision. This was the best episode so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom