• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

I already rehosted it. What is the difference? I don't see any on my phone...
It's a super tiny image so when it appears on a normal desktop browser the image is all artifac-y.

Ah, I see, this has already been covered! Its not really a big deal.

Konosuba s2e3

0pYGmKs.png

It was great to see Aqua get to show more of her serious side and get some time to show off her powers. And while I love Megumin and Darkness, I do love getting to see Aqua and Kazuma having to work together.

Poor Chris. I'm sure she regrets teaching Kazuma that move, lol.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 3

I love the cast of this series. All of the Dragons, Kobayashi and their human friends are super charming and cute. The dinner party was fun (I got a kick out of the Souls game), and seeing Kobayashi warm up to Tohru was nice to see.

Jarmel

Banned
I tried to make a lengthy post for Garo: Divine Flame but I really don't have much to write about. You should watch the TV series and you should watch this. If not for the awesome action animation then for the S+ rank art direction. I was actually less impressed with the animation and more blown back by the backgrounds.
The art direction/backgrounds blow the fuck out of the TV series and you can tell they switched art directors. I mean it's obviously a movie but god fucking damn.
i mean god fucking damn

Line_HTX

Last minute, yay...

:lol

Ugh... I couldn't feel up to it but I had to put a list together. Not really a good year for me watching down the stretch, especially with Autumn. Wish I'd finish those shows.

Jex

How much less confusing is the Garo Movie if you watch the TV series instead of jumping straight to it?

It's not really a true "stand alone" movie. It's essentially made for people who liked the original TV series and wanted a bit more and therefore it expects you to understand most of the context of the series.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not really a true "stand alone" movie. It's essentially made for people who liked the original TV series and wanted a bit more and therefore it expects you to understand most of the context of the series.

Ah so that's why I'm so confused.

Because when they went on about makai knights and Mendoza and whatnot my brain just checked out.

Absolutely loving Kuzu no Honkai. The first episode I watched quite a few weeks back and thought it was a bit weird and slow and dropped down my list...Recently i've ran out of a few things to watch so decided to give the next three episodes a shot. I am glad I did.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
On the first page alone:

Re:Zero
Re;Zero
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Narag

On the first page alone:

Re:Zero
Re;Zero
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

That's why TUSR is our independent auditor. There's other issues too like if IBO votes are for separate seasons or how people adding 2014/2015 shows in affects how their vote should be counted.

TUSR

Banned
Whenever Corn gets around to his tallying ill run my numbers by him.

Not sure what the plan is, but I suspect he'll be making a thread with the results too.

I keep track of how I interpret discrepancies too, ill share those this year.

Examples from last year:
-Someone voted for the entire Anime Expo.
-Mixed TV shows with movies in one big list
-Ties (2 shows under one vote with no clarification)

My favourite this year so far is this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=229487353&postcount=444

Jintor

someone link me to throx eupho reviews

yuriphonium s2 3-4

I think I remember seeing commentary along the lines 'it feels like Kumiko is just here while the storyline revolving around other characters rolls along' and, well, yeah. basically. it's nice and well animated and whatever but, like, it's just not about kumiko and not really that interesting in that sense. oh well, glad it's resolved

also each episode passes in like the blink of an eye i swear to god

'oh look we decided to basically have this entire episode be crescent moon dance. suck it'

this show is pushing eupho/trumpets so hard. asuka was basically like 'yo kumiko your girlfriend's here'

Narag

Whenever Corn gets around to his tallying ill run my numbers by him.

Not sure what the plan is, but I suspect he'll be making a thread with the results too.

I keep track of how I interpret discrepancies too, ill share those this year.

Examples from last year:
-Someone voted for the entire Anime Expo.
-Mixed TV shows with movies in one big list
-Ties (2 shows under one vote with no clarification)

My favourite this year so far is this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=229487353&postcount=444

At least he clarified and probably boned a show out of position by excluding it from his list entirely.

TUSR

Banned
At least he clarified and probably boned a show out of position by excluding it from his list entirely.

They also clarified it in 2013, where they did the same thing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99186263&postcount=426

...In many cases I stacked shows together for whatever nefarious purposes my mind intended, but feel free to count only the ones I've bolded.

What I was trying to say, without calling anyone out for their votes, is that ill be keeping track of vague posts and how i've interpreted them. (Even though this case is clear, I was merely stating that I found their process of voting entertaining)

Narag

They also clarified it in 2013, where they did the same thing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99186263&postcount=426

What I was trying to say, without calling anyone out for their votes, is that ill be keeping track of vague posts and how i've interpreted them. (Even though this case is clear, I was merely stating that I found their process of voting entertaining)

I like the guy that voted A/Z because he didn't know what year it came out but he watched it last year so good enough.

Jintor

eupho's totally fucking sick animation just makes me sad I don't have sufficient finger agility to play the piano/violin anymore i bet

TUSR

Banned
Scum's Wish and Onihei from amazon prime/anime strike.

Thanks, ill make up a graphic for ANIME STRIKE since it seems to be an actual service now.

The air dates on the first three Scum's Wish episodes has been Wed, Wed, and Thursday.

Do they just release them whenever with no fixed time?

All Simulcast times are listed as UTC+00:00

Monday
5:00 Tales of Zestria the X
cE2spqV.png

16:00 Gabriel DropOut
17B2PFm.png

18:35 Chiruran 1/2
17B2PFm.png

19:05 Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation
17B2PFm.png

TBD ONIHEI
YD9xF6N.png

Tuesday
16:00 ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Ai-Mai-Mi Surgical Friends
17B2PFm.png

18:00 Hand Shakers
17B2PFm.png

19:05 Kemono Friends
17B2PFm.png

Wednesday
14:00 Akiba's Trip The Animation
17B2PFm.png

15:30 Piacevole
17B2PFm.png

16:00 One Room
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
17B2PFm.png

17:00 CHAOS;CHILD
17B2PFm.png

18:35 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2
17B2PFm.png

Thursday
16:00 Masamune-kun's Revenge
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Marginal#4: Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang
17B2PFm.png

16:40 Koro Sensei Quest!
17B2PFm.png

17:00 Super Lovers 2
17B2PFm.png

TBD Scum's Wish
YD9xF6N.png

Friday
13:30 FOREST FAIRY FIVE
17B2PFm.png

15:30 Saga of Tanya the Evil
17B2PFm.png

16:00 Fuuka
17B2PFm.png

17:00 Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel
17B2PFm.png

18:30 Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc
17B2PFm.png

19:45 Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceita
17B2PFm.png

20:45 Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen
17B2PFm.png

Saturday
6:00 Seiren
17B2PFm.png

6:00 URARA MEIROCHO
vLIADRB.png

14:00 BanG Dream!
17B2PFm.png

14:30 Spiritpact
17B2PFm.png

16:00 Rewrite: Moon and Terra
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Interviews With Monster Girls
17B2PFm.png

18:45 SENGOKUCHOJYUGIGA Season 2
17B2PFm.png

Sunday
16:30 Idol Incidents
17B2PFm.png

17:00 ēlDLIVE
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Nyanko Days
17B2PFm.png

19:15 Yami Shibai 4th Season
17B2PFm.png

19:35 Gintama.
17B2PFm.png

TBD Little Witch Academia (TV)
6gkwHJm.png

 
17B2PFm.png
- Crunchyroll
cE2spqV.png
- Funimation
GfekrDR.png
- Daisuki
88kOei1.png
- Amazon Prime
YD9xF6N.png
- Anime Strike
vLIADRB.png
- The Anime Network
6gkwHJm.png
- Netflix

Oh, you could expect no subtitles at all. Even Japanese subtitles aren't all that common...

A Silent Voice seems to have been handled slightly different because of what it's about though. Kyoto Animation even added Japanese subtitled trailers to their YouTube channel.

Erigu

A Silent Voice seems to have been handled slightly different because of what it's about though. Kyoto Animation even added Japanese subtitled trailers to their YouTube channel.
It certainly makes sense considering the subject matter, but from what I've seen, Kyōto Animation has been doing a good job on that front for quite a while, actually. The K-on! video releases already had Japanese subtitles, for instance. Good people!

Japan hates the deaf?
I'm no expert, but I often get the feeling they don't care all that much about the disabled...

Branduil

Oh, you could expect no subtitles at all. Even Japanese subtitles aren't all that common...

Not having subtitles at all would have been a pretty offensive decision to make for a movie about a deaf girl.

I'm no expert, but I often get the feeling they don't care all that much about the disabled...

Well, I don't know if that's entirely true... most major cities, for instance, have tactile paving on the sidewalks to aid the visually impaired. And at least in my personal experience, schools do try to integrate students with disabilities as much as they can. There certainly are ways they can improve though, and cultural attitudes which work against them- as you can see when you watch Koe no Katachi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom