• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, I just booked a ticket for the screening Yamada is doing a QA at in Glasgow in a few weeks time.

image.php

I like the guy that voted A/Z because he didn't know what year it came out but he watched it last year so good enough.

If I didn't see it, it's new to me!

I'm no expert, but I often get the feeling they don't care all that much about the disabled...

They do...to a point. I just got back from there a week ago along with my boss, and both of us work at an agency that advocates/assists disabled people, and we discussed it a lot while we were there. The guides on the sidewalk are really good, but heaven fucking help you if you want to eat anywhere and you're in a wheelchair. Or go to a store. Even ones with elevators, like 50% aren't large enough to accommodate a wheelchair. Obviously larger businesses/train stations/malls are better about this but I'd say like 70% of the places I visited in Akihabara, Harajuku, Shimokitazawa or Shinjuku were impossible for disabled people to enter. Nakano Broadway was surprisingly wheelchair friendly. Much like a lot of Japanese policy it's an image first, keep that shit under wraps behind closed doors attitude. My boss did see more people in wheelchairs going around or disabled people than his last trip so things are getting better. It's just not a...priority for them. And with Tokyo's city planning the way it is, I can't say I blame them for balking at it considering making the city more disabled friendly would be an incredibly expensive undertaking.

City is pretty good for blind and deaf people though, lots of guiders, visual assistance and audio cues on public walkways. Also, shops are very helpful to disabled people when they do receive them; saw an employee get assigned to a blind man and assist him the whole time he was in the store which was something you don't even see over here very much, unfortunately.

...why does this look so good?

Edit: Yo, having a "water boss" (stupid Aqua) who fills the screen with water and then you have a countdown to climb out of it while avoiding her attacks is a pretty neat boss concept.

Hm... Some of those small stores doesn't have a lot of room to move around in though. People have to back out for others to move ahead :p

That's true, I was moreso thinking that you could actually get to the other floors and maybe head into a Mandarake. That's...better than Akihabara or most places in Shibuya where you literally can't enter the buildings.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's disappointing to find out that Sumire Uesaka is a huge Russiaboo who idolizes their military (note I haven't watched Girls Und Panzer).

Monthly reminder:

Well, looks like people were more interested in a Fall 2017 trip to Japan, so here's some updated details if anybody else is interested:

We'll most likely be going sometime in week 42-44.

Going for 8-13 days. Half in Tokyo and then the rest in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka) region.

Estimated budget should be about $1000+flight cost if you want to only join us for the first half in Tokyo and about $2000+flight cost if you want to join in on the whole trip. This depends on what kind of accommodation we'll get.

You will need to confirm if you're going and order your own flight by late April 2017.

I will help out getting us an apartment, hostel and/or hotel for a cheap price.

Some of the things we could be checking out in Tokyo:
Ghibli museum
Akihabara
Nakano Broadway
Odaiba (which will no longer have the giant Gundam statue, but there's other interesting stuff there as well)
Other things you want to check out

Some of the things we could be checking out in Kansai region:
KyoAni Shop
Nipponbashi
Temples and shrines in Kyoto
Check out the deer in Nara
Uji (The city shown in Sound! Euphonium)
Daytrip to Hiroshima
KyoAni Do event

Here's pictures from the Fall 2015 K-On GAF Japan trip we did (only the Tokyo part):
https://goo.gl/photos/qse3Yre9mQjqQdWE8

Oh, and we also met up with other people from GAF:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1108613

People who's shown interest:

Theonik
image.php

Line_HTX
image.php

Fatal Futanari
image.php

PshycoNinja
image.php

RurouniZel
image.php

PdotMichael
image.php

zswordsman
image.php

PM me here or on Twitter if you're interested.

-

Monthly reminder:

Well, looks like people were more interested in a Fall 2017 trip to Japan, so here's some updated details if anybody else is interested:

Going for 8-13 days. Half in Tokyo and then the rest in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka) region.

Anyone who's on the fence about this I just want to say that I had a blast doing the 2015 trip with Mike and Co., saw and experienced a lot more than I probably would have if I done the trip on my own.

Andrew J.

Maidragon 04

The first half is pure SoL healing goodness. The second half has Saikawa's aggressiveness getting her in over head and the adult dragons wrecking shit. Both enjoyable for different reasons.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Monthly reminder:

Estimated budget should be about $1000+flight cost if you want to only join us for the first half in Tokyo and about $2000+flight cost if you want to join in on the whole trip. This depends on what kind of accommodation we'll get.

You will need to confirm if you're going and order your own flight by late April 2017.

I will help out getting us an apartment, hostel and/or hotel for a cheap price.

Some of the things we could be checking out in Tokyo:
Ghibli museum
Akihabara
Nakano Broadway
Odaiba (which will no longer have the giant Gundam statue, but there's other interesting stuff there as well)

Some of the things we could be checking out in Kansai region:
KyoAni Shop
Nipponbashi
Temples and shrines in Kyoto
Check out the deer in Nara
Uji (The city shown in Sound! Euphonium)
Daytrip to Hiroshima
KyoAni Do event

Here's pictures from the Fall 2015 K-On GAF Japan trip we did (only the Tokyo part):
https://goo.gl/photos/qse3Yre9mQjqQdWE8

Oh, and we also met up with other people from GAF:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1108613

People who's shown interest:

Theonik
image.php

Line_HTX
image.php

Fatal Futanari
image.php

kpjolee
image.php

PshycoNinja
image.php

Thoraxes
image.php

StayDead
image.php

RurouniZel
image.php

PdotMichael
image.php

zswordsman
image.php

PM me here or on Twitter if you're interested.

-

Just to make sure. This is shown interest and final confirmation by April 2017, right? Hmm..

I've honestly been on and off regarding Maid Dragon. Like, I'm watching it here and there and honestly kinda liking it.

It's almost as if it sorta takes its absurd scenario seriously and isn't just a show to throw constant jokes at you 24/7.

The years have been unkind to LWA. It was a big thing as a short and had a very successful Kickstarter, and now very few people even care about the TV series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom