• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm digging the hell out of the LWA TV series.

I...never saw the shorts >____>

Maidragon is great too, a really good adaptation.

I'm not gonna make them fight for my affection though.

Narag

The years have been unkind to LWA. It was a big thing as a short and had a very successful Kickstarter, and now very few people even care about the TV series.

Netflix model is killing visibility atm. I think Kuromukuro would have done better in out AOTY poll of it had easily accessible weekly streams on cr or funi

Netflix model is killing visibility atm. I think Kuromukuro would have done better in out AOTY poll of it had easily accessible weekly streams on cr or funi

This is a good point. I noticed the effect it had on Kuromukuro, but overlooked how it applied to LWA.

Maid Dragon 04

C3mdju0VcAA2loI.jpg

Protect my beautiful dragon daughter who is too pure for this world

I like when they do sakuga for mundane shit like dodgeball

I like Netflix' model, which is a personal thing because of how I consume media; I often fall out of watching anime because I fucking hate keeping up with weekly releases and oftentimes would wait to the end of a season to watch everything at once. That's just how I watch stuff because of my memory issues, it allows me to absorb and remember the info better. However, Netflix holding back on simulcasting to release in their format is a really REALLY bad idea because I'm not most people; if you watch anime, you wanna watch it fucking now with them subbing it in real time. It's just not how the fandom is set up at this point. Very few people other than I would be okay with waiting til the last episode drops to watch it all at once for current season shows.

Theonik

Monthly reminder:

Well, looks like people were more interested in a Fall 2017 trip to Japan, so here's some updated details if anybody else is interested:

We'll most likely be going sometime in week 42-44.

Going for 8-13 days. Half in Tokyo and then the rest in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka) region.

Estimated budget should be about $1000+flight cost if you want to only join us for the first half in Tokyo and about $2000+flight cost if you want to join in on the whole trip. This depends on what kind of accommodation we'll get.

You will need to confirm if you're going and order your own flight by late April 2017.

I will help out getting us an apartment, hostel and/or hotel for a cheap price.

Some of the things we could be checking out in Tokyo:
Ghibli museum
Akihabara
Nakano Broadway
Odaiba (which will no longer have the giant Gundam statue, but there's other interesting stuff there as well)
Other things you want to check out

Some of the things we could be checking out in Kansai region:
KyoAni Shop
Nipponbashi
Temples and shrines in Kyoto
Check out the deer in Nara
Uji (The city shown in Sound! Euphonium)
Daytrip to Hiroshima
KyoAni Do event
Other things you want to check out

Here's pictures from the Fall 2015 K-On GAF Japan trip we did (only the Tokyo part):
https://goo.gl/photos/qse3Yre9mQjqQdWE8

Oh, and we also met up with other people from GAF:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1108613

People who's shown interest:

Theonik
image.php

Line_HTX
image.php

Fatal Futanari
image.php

kpjolee
image.php

PshycoNinja
image.php

Thoraxes
image.php

StayDead
image.php

RurouniZel
image.php

PdotMichael
image.php

zswordsman
image.php

PM me here or on Twitter if you're interested.

-
Sounds lit famalam

After watching the Konosuba game trailer again, I would die to death if the Megumin fight is just her casting that explosion once and then she just lays there the rest of the battle while you whale on her

Narag

I like Netflix' model, which is a personal thing because of how I consume media; I often fall out of watching anime because I fucking hate keeping up with weekly releases and oftentimes would wait to the end of a season to watch everything at once. That's just how I watch stuff because of my memory issues, it allows me to absorb and remember the info better. However, Netflix holding back on simulcasting to release in their format is a really REALLY bad idea because I'm not most people; if you watch anime, you wanna watch it fucking now with them subbing it in real time. It's just not how the fandom is set up at this point. Very few people other than I would be okay with waiting til the last episode drops to watch it all at once for current season shows.

It'd be fine for everyone if it was handled like ReLife was instead of artificially delaying episode 1 by 3 months instead of the hour or two like it is on other services.

It's being worked on, but will take a few days to complete. My job(s) takes priority, but I have been working on it between calls/e-mails.

..... I'm almost done page 1 and MOB has a big lead, no more hints needed.
So that is going along with my expectations just from glancing over the pages. Now what I am interested in is the other 9 shows that make up the top 10, and what their rankings are. I have a mental list of what I expect to see where, but I am hoping for some hidden gems to make it to the top (so that maybe I can go and check them out if I haven't)

Wanderer5

Konosuba S2 #4
qLPxbug.png

Oh sorry, what was that Kazuma, I got distracted.

Well that went into places that I wasn't prepared for lol. After a couple episodes of just some teases, Darkness sure returned in such a force of nature.

Cornbread78

So that is going along with my expectations just from glancing over the pages. Now what I am interested in is the other 9 shows that make up the top 10, and what their rankings are. I have a mental list of what I expect to see where, but I am hoping for some hidden gems to make it to the top (so that maybe I can go and check them out if I haven't)

I honestly thought this was going to be a closer race. I'm halfway done page 2 and it's a blow out at this point. We'll see how it ends up since there was a big push on page 3.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This season is like a new golden era for comedy stuff. Good variety for their styles of humor too. Maid Dragon, KonoSuba S2, Gabriel Dropout, Akibas Trip, Ai Mai Mi, Forest Fairy Five, and Nobunaga no Shinobi.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Konosuba Season 2, Episode 4:

Welp, Darkness has finally returned and we have learned perhaps more then we ever wanted to know. Also, Kasuma is not as stupid as he looks given that, yea, he could have sex with Darkness at some point but it would not have been worth it.

zulux21

On the first page alone:

Re:Zero
Re;Zero
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

while I want re:zero to win overall as that is my AOTY I think mob won by a decent margin.

*sees corn confirm mob has a decent lead already :p*

Quasar

It's being worked on, but will take a few days to complete. My job(s) takes priority, but I have been working on it between calls/e-mails.

So another shit year. Least the puppet show didn't win.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Xia voted Keijo as #1, eh?

aPBqeCd.png

I didn't vote at all!

I didn't finish enough series last year that I felt voting was worth it. The only ones I've completed were Konosuba, Eupho S2, Shokugeki S2, New Game, Haikyuu S3, and the Girls und Panzer film.

Ones that I started and never got around to finishing were Erased, Rakugo S1, Sakamoto, Amaama to Inazuma, Thunderbolt Fantasy, and Orange.

Ones in the queue that I didn't even get started on are Mob Psycho and Re:Zero.

zulux21

So another shit year. Least the puppet show didn't win.

eh... at least mob is legit a top 10 series from last year even if it deserves to be more towards the bottom of the list than the top *shrugs*
could have been worse a truly crappy show like kenziver or whatever it was called could have won :p
and at least Re:zero should beat out the live action puppet show that had no business being including in anime voting from the start.

Chaos;Child 4

Finally getting into the Chaos;Head madness, and starting to see delusions. Though tbh this show has been much more straightforward than what I remember Chaos;Head being. I'm guessing that will change soon since I heard the VN for this is longer and more complex than Stein;Gate, yet this will only be 12 eps (I think?). Hopefully they won't cut too much out, though it seems inevitable.

Szadek

Mawaru Penguindrum - EP. 10
We interupt this episode of Penguindrum to bring you a Let's play of Hitman.
Finally we learn a bit more about the red haired girl. Looks like her friend has the same powers as Himari.
Seeing that Ringo cares more about Shouma live than her diary was nice as well.

Princess Precure - Ep. 13
Finally the last character from the OP appears ,Twilight.
She is obviously the daughter of the main villain as you can easily tell from her character design.
I really like her so far and looking forward to seeing her again and learning more about her.

phaze

Kobayashi something Maid 04

Can indeed confirm it's pretty dull.

ACCA 04

This was a very tepid episodic story, all the more so since it was very cartoony in how it was depicted, apparently no one even harmed anyone in the end and there were no real consequences for anyone. The way it began was also just laughable and unfeasible

I'm over halfway through Penguin Drum (so more episodes then Yuri Kuma had) and it still hasn't really hooked me...

484f86053e679rit.gif

Hey it happens, maybe you'll like it more when it goes full weird.

Chaos;Child 4

Finally getting into the Chaos;Head madness, and starting to see delusions. Though tbh this show has been much more straightforward than what I remember Chaos;Head being. I'm guessing that will change soon since I heard the VN for this is longer and more complex than Stein;Gate, yet this will only be 12 eps (I think?). Hopefully they won't cut too much out, though it seems inevitable.

Oh, are they finally animating delusions? I haven't seen the latest episode yet, but it did feel odd not seeing any in the previous episodes, especially given how often they appeared in VNs for C;H and presumably C;C.

TUSR

Banned

One whole page.

while I want re:zero to win overall as that is my AOTY I think mob won by a decent margin.

*sees corn confirm mob has a decent lead already :p*

Maybe instead of adding up X amount of pages, and just checking how the voting is going, why not actually add the votes up.

... Is it just me, or did the thread title change at some point recently?

It's not just you :p

KyoAni saved anime, despite non-believers.

I saw that and wondered if the Bahamut lesbian dragon show would have reached prominence if first to market rip

Really makes you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom