• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

Konosuba 2 04

C3ofAYxUoAEJ7Wq.jpg

Best MC Kuzatrash, showing why he's still the best.

Piacevole 04

faces.jpg

Aki-at

Konosuba S2 - 4

I don't if I like playing scumbag Kazuma or watching Kazuma be a scumbag more but both are great.
That's my Yakuza 0 endorsement out of the way.

This is probably going to go down as my favourite episode of Konosuba, I couldn't handle how much laughing I did this episode. Kazuma acting like such a sleeze ball through out, Darkness' masochism reaching new heights and Aqua popping in a few great lines through out "That's why he's Kazutrash!" and then the dad walking in and finding his daughter on the floor and Auqa pointing "It was them!" Then Darkness says she's pregnant and then her dad starts bawling his eyes out, Aqua needs to go tell everyone and Kazuma is left there flustered as usual.

It's just such a brilliant episode, I'll probably have to rewatch it again. Great comedic timing, voice acting, animations and faces... Good stuff!

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I never got around to that in my post election hate watch...I don't fear much in this world, but that forever tainting my memories of EO is something that keeps me up at night.

Still if only we had done better BONES would have made a better sequel!

PK Gaming

I haven't watched Eureka 7 AO either, but reading up on the synopsis elicited a strange mix of humor and terror at the same time.

Cornbread78

I haven't watched Eureka 7 AO either, but reading up on the synopsis elicited a strange mix of humor and terror at the same time.

I haven't either. Goldie said he'd do a let's watch for it, but it would just be us, lol.

I just want to remember E7 for moments like this:

q2Oqi8p.gif

zulux21

Saga of Tanya the Evil episode 2 dubbed

the dub of this seems to be spot on. either way it's nice to get the history. given that the rating on MAL seems to keep going up with each passing episode I have hopes the next few episodes are good.

ibyea

Banned
Youjo Senki: 1-4
Got to say, I got curious. I can already tell this is the so bad it's good show of the year. The whole thing is laughable.

KraytarJ

MaiDragon 4
That was straight up an anime sitcom with a dragon family, and one human, which was just a very pleasant experience tbh. Pretty enjoyable but of the comedy 3 on Wednesday it's probably my least favourite. Still a nice light-hearted show though.

Jintor

Kobayashi Dragon 4

This show, it's good

An entire episode about Kanna and next an entire episode about tohru and Sebastian. Can life get any better

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Akibas Trip 5

I wish I was FGC enough to understand all the cameos (they were cameos right?) Daigo is the only one I recognize.

Still it was a really fun episode.

Jintor

Shit I just got the "oh fuck gotta marathon this" feeling for yuriphonium S2 but I gotta work tomorrow

Oh well enough time for one more ep

Line_HTX

From what I can tell, Daigo was not in the episode, but other players like Kazunoko and Fuudo were in.

I like how they used the "Stop complaining about the machine and just GIT GUUD, sctub" on the MC, lmao

Tales of Zestiria the X 16

You know, I'm really fucking tired of Rose. Why is the story sucking on her tits so fucking hard? Why the fuck is her and her shit so fucking important because I'm just not getting it. This stuff isn't all that interesting to me and I wish the group could just move past this shit and her. Her character is actually terrible and ruining the show for me now.

élDLIVE 4

I think this episode was my favorite so far! The characters developpement suddenly went up, the comedy was on point and all the dramatic moment were so well executed! The character dynamic between Chuta(that perviness LMAO) abd Sonosaka was on point this episode and every gag moment gave me at least a smile, really great. Then we had Chips giving me hope he'd be a badass and then pouf! CHU alright. But what I really liked was those first few moments at the start of the episode at the cemetery, with Chuta remembering his friends and the moment with the mom and his aunt AND the last few scenes with the
childhood friend thought DEAD coming back.
I thought those moments were really well presented and it made me feel for poor Chuta.

Blue Exorcist 4

Another show that mixed comedy and drama well for their 4th episode.

c9475cc3480604294c028f073ab70c47.jpg

The few comedy moments gave me a good chuckle that were much needed in this quite dramatic episode.

f81277a68beadc274f112fda47e25d32.jpg
dda9fa53498ad51cbf8c040a0f2f775f.jpg

The first big *reveal* of the traitor happens and all the super character developpment from the pass few episodes makes for some pretty heavy character drama between Bon and his Dad. But what I thought was the hardest to watch this episode(on an emotinal level) was my poor boy Rin seeing Bon doing exatly what he did with his own Dad. Hearing him say *it will be to late once he's dead* hit me pretty hard in the feel and the face he made during that speach made it even worst. Having him then go full on to punches against Ryuji was what this episode fantastic for me. Rin is basically what makes the show for me and seeing him mad, sad, happy, in distress always shake me up both positively and negatively. Cheer up my boy Rin!

I'll say it again but Blue Exorcist(which was already a super good looking show in the past) is sooooooo beautiful visually. Characters in particular look really great.

NOOOOOOOOOO I got trapped! The MHA episode on March 25th is a recap! I'll still watch it though, more MHA is more goodness. ALSO new character casting revealed!

Seiyuu Award winner Wataru Hatano (Fairy Tail's Gajeel Redfox, Yuri!!! on Ice's Georgi Popovich) is set to voice Class 1-C's Hitoshi Shinsou.

e85a6f3792355715797b5a9e4ba9b12d1486037751_full.jpg

Twin start exorcist 42

This episode would have been amazing, since Yuto was starring in it! But the low production value here were very apparent and actually hurt my enjoyment. All in all I still enjoyed it since the characters were awesome, but man I would have hoped for the show to constantly look like the ops! It would be amazing!

Cornbread78

Almost done counting.

I'm sick of Excel, I'm sick of mice, I'm sick of keyboards and I'm sick of charting stuff..... At the same time, I'm sick of whiney clients and stupid people.....

I'm walking down the street to get a couple smokes in and a fresh brewed coffee to get me through this madness...

BTW, results thread for the AOTY should be done about this time tomorrow.

Aki-at

From what I saw Mob Psycho 100 did very well and seemed like it'll be on top. Which I'm happy with, it was tight between it and JoJo for my anime of the year and even though the latter won out for me it was barely just.

Cornbread78

Fate S/N UBW ep.2
Well, they don't waste any time with the
Rin x Shirou
shipping now do they? It's already obvious after
Shirou decides to become Saber's master
I'm going to watch this one very slowly, but this show should be pretty good.

KraytarJ

Almost done counting.

I'm sick of Excel, I'm sick of mice, I'm sick of keyboards and I'm sick of charting stuff..... At the same time, I'm sick of whiney clients and stupid people.....

I'm walking down the street to get a couple smokes in and a fresh brewed coffee to get me through this madness...

BTW, results thread for the AOTY should be done about this time tomorrow.
I look forward to seeing just how badly my top 2 got shit on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom