• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

I don't get why so many people are counting the votes and yet when Cornbread kept asking who is making the AOTY thread, no one was willing to do it. I mean, counting the votes is the worst and most tiring part of the whole deal...
Hell I'll offer to count the votes next year.

Grexeno

Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 04

Yakumo just goes into rooms and is like "Was that fun I just heard? Cut that out."

zulux21

I'll try and have the top results verified by tonight.

I know I counted Thunderbolt Fantasy different than the results I got.

higher or lower as I did re:zero and my results are decently lower than the total corn had, though I did a quick search so I might do it manually this time.

I mean, number 1 isn't going to change, but the middle picks could swing a bit.

We should have a Shame of the Year category.

that is obviously thunderbolt as an anime community can't even tell the difference between anime and a live action puppet show :/

it's just sad really.

Moaradin

Yeah, I didn't put Thunderbolt on my list despite that it would have probably been my number 3. It just isn't anime. Should have had a special honorable mention for it.

Sounds like a lot of discrepancies are popping up. As the emergency backup, dating back to the long standing tradition of non-simulcasted shows winning, only ballots with a show that didn't have a simulcast in first place will count. That should make the second count easier.

Narag

Sounds like a lot of discrepancies are popping up. As the emergency backup, dating back to the long standing tradition of non-simulcasted shows winning, only ballots with a show that didn't have a simulcast in first place will count. That should make the second count easier.

Macross delta AOTY

phaze

Congratulations Great Passage.

Wait am I making a fool of myself here ? I can't remember what was the deal with it. Curse you Amazon.

Narag

that is obviously thunderbolt as an anime community can't even tell the difference between anime and a live action puppet show :/

it's just sad really.

Know which anime community does follow this doctrine of exclusion? The nazis over at MAL.

JulianImp

Myriad Colors Phantom World would've won.

Biggest letdown was probably Dimension W or Joker Game.

Are you forgetting we got Big Order this year? Because we did.

I mean, MCPW was indeed a waste of a show, but it wasn't the edgelord incestuous fanservice mess that was BO.

As for letdowns, I'd say Joker Game was worse. The episodic format was boring (at least during the first half, which is what I watched), and things going according to the main spy of each story's keikaku (or their superiors, actually) got pretty boring after a while. I'd probably have liked seeing a grander arc that tied each spy's story together in some way other than "of course they're awesome, they all belonged to this amazing secret Japanese spy school".

Jex

[Scum's Wish] - 4

scumfacerlz5y.jpg

Things are looking pretty good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

I like how the comments on CR are all about how Yuu has a huge harem of attractive women without calling attention to the fact that he learned to play the bass in 30 seconds.

Or the fact that Fuuka has no training whatsoever and decided to form a rock band on a whim, but she sounds like a professional studio musician in perfect tune.

Or the fact that everyone is conveniently a musician who plays an instrument the band doesn't currently have.

Qurupeke

Scum's Wish 4
The teacher is absolutely brutal and a very rotten person. It's been a while since there was an "antagonist" that can make you hate that much. She truly is the best. Good luck, Hanabi, in outscuming the Scum Queen.

zulux21

How are you guys even coming up with this nonsense?

Lol, the rankings weren't even close, lol

on my first count via search my re:zero results were like 40 less than yours.

on my second count via manual through the whole thread it was the same as you.

aka search missed some posts as I am confident in my second count.

now to count yuri on ice for the fun of it :p
nah... I will count the stupid puppet show (that is actually a pretty good show :p) as that is really the only close race.

I might bother doing MHA as well we will see I am almost out of free time.

TUSR

Banned
There's too many discrepancies here, I'm going to have to request an third party auditor.

The T in TUSR stands for third party auditor coincidentally enough.

How do you even read TUSR.

tiusr ?

t u s r ?

toosr ?

The User?

tosser? ;p

absolutely mindblown

They say The User lives outside the Net and inputs games for pleasure. No one knows for sure, but I intend to find out.

Dragon Maid 04

Sometimes I'm not sure is Kanna is being cute or just calculating.

KonoSuba S2 04

Show continues to be funny, glad to see Darkness back. Oh and Darkness' tits seem larger this season and the sag more well done.

BanG Dream! 02

This episode is a lesson is how to gain a tsundere girl's trust.

on my first count via search my re:zero results were like 40 less than yours.

on my second count via manual through the whole thread it was the same as you.

aka search missed some posts as I am confident in my second count.

now to count yuri on ice for the fun of it :p
nah... I will count the stupid puppet show (that is actually a pretty good show :p) as that is really the only close race.

I might bother doing MHA as well we will see I am almost out of free time.

You likley missed them because some people put Re:Zero and others put Re;Zero.

zulux21

You likley missed them because some people put Re:Zero and others put Re;Zero.

i thought about that in my search and thus only put zero in my search.

anyways.

through 3 pages so far
page 1 - Re:Zero > puppet show
page 2 - Re:zero > puppet show
page 3 - Re:zero < puppet show

:p

edit:
page 4 - Re:zero > puppet show
page 5 - Re:zero > puppet show
page 6/7 - Re:zero < puppet show.

Shouldn't you do the counting somewhere else?`

If you guys need to compare counts then some instant messagers like Discord would probably prove more useful than this forum format.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shouldn't you do the counting somewhere else?`

If you guys need to compare counts then some instant messagers like Discord would probably prove more useful than this forum format.

This is more amusing for us tho

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Scum's Wish Episode 4:

This may end up becoming my runner up for AOTS (Nothing this season is beating Rakugo Season 2) as I continue to enjoy the complex dynamics and
actual sex
contained within this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom