• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

Maid Dragon was less than impressive in terms of its humor in the two episodes I've seen. Have to see if 3 and 4 change my mind.

top 3 aside, the rest of the top 10 needs to be something that will give some people a meltdown...Ain't no fun if there isn't any meltdown.

Knowing the top 3 in advance is kind of boring :/

Maid Dragon was less than impressive in terms of its humor in the two episodes I've seen. Have to see if 3 and 4 change my mind.

If you're looking to Maidragon to make you laugh out loud it won't happen. The show is more amusing than funny. And I think it's more about the atmosphere than the jokes.

And I say that as a lover of the anime and manga. It's just going for something else.

Qurupeke

I don't get why so many people are counting the votes and yet when Cornbread kept asking who is making the AOTY thread, no one was willing to do it. I mean, counting the votes is the worst and most tiring part of the whole deal...

Pokemon Sun & Moon 13

d9aV7D7.jpg
LMMjR64.jpg

At this point I'm 90% sure Mad P is the director of this show

Narag

Judging from your glee, Erased, Re: Zero or ....

If God exists and has but a trace of wit in him left, he will make MHA #11.

I actually don't know as I never had a chance to finish. Thx 14 hour work day and being up 25 hours straight

I fear for Goldcrusader's sanity on My Hero Academia's placement on the list. I can confirm that it did indeed get less points than Thunderbolt Fantasy, Rakugo, Jojo, and Mob Psycho.

It'll probably show up on the list but probably right next to Re:Zero, Erased, or Konosuba if I had to guess.

blurr

If you're looking to Maidragon to make you laugh out loud it won't happen. The show is more amusing than funny. And I think it's more about the atmosphere than the jokes.

And I say that as a lover of the anime and manga. It's just going for something else.

Well, my comments were going by its attempts at humor in the first couple of episodes, it had more relaxing/heartwarming moments in the second episode which were fine but if it is going to try and pull off a fair amount of jokes, I do have some expectations. I picked it partly hoping for a show that would fill in the New Game void from last year which honestly feels not very different from Maid Dragon in terms of its tone albeit the setting is very different. Its attempts at humor didn't pack enough of a punch aside from the fight sequence between Kanna and the maid (which was basically what first got my attention and eventually into watching it).

I suppose a better comparison would be Non Non Biyori, there's a good balance between laughs and atmosphere.

Cornbread78

Almost done..... Will send results to Nintendo Man and Zulux for verification. Thread will go up around lunch tomorrow. Anyone have a link to the banner BGBW already posted for the thread?

Konosuba S2 4

Yeah. This show just keeps getting better every week. Give me the game!

So Yamishibai now has narrations for the stories, kind of ruining them heh.

I agree. But I still like that it's back.

I at least appreciate the attempt to change things up a bit even if it doesn't work out so well.

I do too, but it's still kind of bringing it down. Plus I like the old narrator. Was creepier. This one just sounds old and tired.

Fate S/N UBW ep.2
Well, they don't waste any time with the
Rin x Shirou
shipping now do they? It's already obvious after
Shirou decides to become Saber's master
I'm going to watch this one very slowly, but this show should be pretty good.

Oh boy!

phaze

Mob Psycho made it.
Re: Zero ain't number 1/2.
MHA out of top 3.

Praise the lord.

Now that's just blind fanboyism at work.

Fafner Exodus 02
025326nazux.jpg

The thirst is still real.

Kazuki seems to have doubled his own harem in one episode. sasuga

For a long while, I thought they killed off Mizoguchi with absolutely zero fanfare. Completely missed that small bit with him catapulting.

Szadek

sum1 save me from this irredeemable garbage.
Basically this. The line "They did not save her life. They stole it." is all I need to lose all faith in the writing of this movie.
Penguindrum 14

Now we in there with the real Ikuhara. The depravity, unrestrained sexual nature, the lesbian sex!
I think I need to watch more Penguindrum.
The polls are rigged, I saw some of "those people" voting more than once. You know the ones. ToonamiGAF.
Shit, Erased is going to win in the electoral college.

TUSR

Banned
Hmm... #1 spot was a blow-out anyway.
I charted each score post by post and seperated by page, so point it out in case I missed it and it would be easy to deduct.
Just check who has posted more than once in the thread, and validate if they have two submittal posts.

If they do, take whatever post is the most recent and disregard their original post.

Thud

I fear for Goldcrusader's sanity on My Hero Academia's placement on the list. I can confirm that it did indeed get less points than Thunderbolt Fantasy, Rakugo, Jojo, and Mob Psycho.

It'll probably show up on the list but probably right next to Re:Zero, Erased, or Konosuba if I had to guess.

Bites za dusto is invincible.

Just check who has posted more than once in the thread, and validate if they have two submittal posts.

If they do, take whatever post is the most recent and disregard their original post.

Didn't seem to be anybody who voted twice as far as I could see.

Except for somebody who made a fake list first because they didn't like that puppets were allowed :p

Joe Molotov

Hmm... #1 spot was a blow-out anyway.
I charted each score post by post and seperated by page, so point it out in case I missed it and it would be easy to deduct.

I'm just kidding. I'm sure the poll is totally legit and will produce a winner than we can all agree is definitely an anime, and does not contain any live-action puppetry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom