• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire Emblem Heroes ID: 0250271841

Uguufriends, pls add me.
Add me too, friends.

Fire Emblem Heroes ID:
addmepzuoo.png
Added you.

Yeah holla at me too AnimeGAF: 7712193949

Cornbread78

This is all happening way too quickly..

Walking the dog and smokin' a butt*. (20 degrees is cold) I love my Cavi. The species is originally from Britain and used to hunt rats in castles for kings and queens; a very regal breed.

*smoking is so fucking bad for you quit or don't start....

Cornbread78

In car (Nissan Rogue rental while my Odyssey gets repaired <TY glorious Nippon autos> turned on WEEI to hear about my Patriots and the upcoming Super Bowl.

No texting and driving. You guys can get an episode of backlog anime in while I drive. Please post your reactions to said episode.

&#12467;&#12540;&#12531;&#12502;&#12524;&#12483;&#12489;&#19971;&#21313;&#20843;&#12398;&#26085;&#24120; 01

No comedy or drama, a severe lack of reaction faces and then it turned into some kind of sports show at the end. Dropped.

1. I'm not gay.

Shouldn't the correct translation be "But I'm a guy"?

Cornbread78

I forgot my Special K protein meal bar, so I had to stop at the store for a sausage egg and cheese on a bagel. Fuck it, it's Fri. so I went unhealty for breakfast.

I think I'll run around tje office with it hanging out my mouth and hopefully run into a cute co worker for "that moment"

Narag

Coffees done.

Went with Starbuck's Pike Place in a 32 oz stainless steel coffee mug. Cream, no suger.

Bus stop, ( watched kids run away from bus stop to skip school) done

This is all happening way too quickly..

Walking the dog and smokin' a butt*. (20 degrees is cold) I love my Cavi. The species is originally from Britain and used to hunt rats in castles for kings and queens; a very regal breed.

*smoking is so fucking bad for you quit or don't start....

In car (Nissan Rogue rental while my Odyssey gets repaired <TY glorious Nippon autos> turned on WEEI to hear about my Patriots and the upcoming Super Bowl.

No texting and driving. You guys can get an episode of backlog anime in while I drive. Please post your reactions to said episode.

I forgot my Special K protein meal bar, so I had to stop at the store for a sausage egg and cheese on a bagel. Fuck it, it's Fri. so I went unhealty for breakfast.

I think I'll run around tje office with it hanging out my mouth and hopefully run into a cute co worker for "that moment"
http://www.livejournal.com/

I should stop reading Narag posts when he watches older shows because all they do is make me want to add said show to my backlog.

Related: I'm also interested because back when I was in high school I used to read the manga of the above.

PillarEN

A friend of mine told me to watch out for Scum's Wish. I'm not sure if I can trust him. He recommended it to me based on my tastes and not his. So maybe he is misreading me.

Is it supposed to be good? I don't have Amazon Prime anime streaming anyway so I'd have to wait till later.

Narag

I should stop reading Narag posts when he watches older shows because all they do is make me want to add said show to my backlog.

Related: I'm also interested because back when I was in high school I used to read the manga of the above.

In a perfect world, I'd only watch older shows.

Qurupeke

A friend of mine told me to watch out for Scum's Wish. I'm not sure if I can trust him. He recommended it to me based on my tastes and not his. So maybe he is misreading me.

Is it supposed to be good? I don't have Amazon Prime anime streaming anyway so I'd have to wait till later.

Yeah, it's good.

Everyone that's watching it will tell you it's excellent. It's my 2nd favourite show this season. Subject matter is dark though, it can hit you really hard.

PillarEN

Well I'm all about slice of life/high school romance. Dark subject matter ain't no problem for me. I invite anything that can tear me up or make me go "wtf". My favorite anime of all time is Clannad. Not saying they compare. But I'm pretty sure that's why my friend brought this to my attention in the first place.

Narag

You know those zoom outs are actually pretty labor intensive, since the entire figure needs to be redrawn just a bit smaller every frame to maintain constant line width. It's not a simple matter of just panning the camera back like it is for the CG background.

It's intensive for no reason as they could composite the character and simply scale it with the background, as there's no angle change or perspective shenanigans that would make a simple size reduction slider not work.
side by side of the two to see lost detail

vbixZk7.png

I mean I'm sure there's a reason they do it but my limited knowledge doesn't let me see why for a static zoom out non perspective changing shot

Having limited knowledge of animation techniques, I'm guessing it's to keep the line art consistent. Simply scaling the image would make it look like the camera is zooming out instead of moving back.

This bit reminded me of the quoted stuff from last month. It's just a static frame zooming out but the closeup is really unflattering compared to the wider view that's the intended presentation.

Line_HTX

Kiritobread, smoking is BAD, m'KAY?

Also, I probably need new perscription glasses because your rehosts are Piles of Poo.

;P

Clov

I think that had elements working against it like no brand recognition compared to Kizu, limited release, and, unfortunately, how people perceive the subject matter.

Yeah, it was doubtful that it could beat the Monogatari juggernaut, especially when it had two films in that one year. While it's too bad, I hope that even being on the list will be enough for some people to give it a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom