• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

KraytarJ

Scum's Wish 1 & 2
This show is just pure misery. No one gets to be happy, if you fall for someone they're going to break your heart.

AOTS

But yeah, Fuuka is feeling like this year's "Asterisk's War."

There's potential for an interesting story, a guy overcomes his social anxieties by forming a band with his new fiends, but it's buried underneath all the romcom/harem cliches.

Quasar

Been watching the Fuuka dub which is up to episode 3 and the comparisons to a softer core School Days are all too apparent. This childhood friend digs this nonlovable loser too damn much. If not School Days then maybe Shuffle is more apt.

I really don't get that at all. There's not even any hints of that.

phaze

Must be the work of an enemy stand.

Stand Name: Baddo Teisto

Konosuba S2 01
025345qrznw.jpg

This was probably a better ep than any in the preceding season.

Planetes 18

"And people dream dreams that transcend time"

Can't say I cared much for the overly evil chief who had it in for the crew but it was nice to see Lavie and Myers too get a moment in the spotlight and outside of their usual modus operandi.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really don't get that at all. There's not even any hints of that.

Granted I'm three episodes in but the childhood friend is OBSESSED with Yuu. Her singing career is all songs about HOW MUCH SHE LOVES HIM. She goes into lovesick fits just thinking about him. She hasn't seen him in what, five years?

Quasar

AOTY Results...what a crappy list. Surprised by Erased. Didn't someone have a bet about how erased would be totally forgotten?

The group dynamics in Konosuba is like the best one in years.

Everyone would sell out eachother at the first best opportunity but they are all showcasing a deep camaraderie.

The last episode of Konosuba was quite possibly the best episode of Konosuba yet, where everything that has been built up so far was used to the fullest of its comedic power. Trashuma is a shitty NEET, Aqua is a shitty goddess, Darkness is a shitty princess and Megumin... Well she wasn't really in this week's episode, but she was in all of the other ones. Season 2 is great.

KraytarJ

The last episode of Konosuba was quite possibly the best episode of Konosuba yet, where everything that has been built up so far was used to the fullest of its comedic power. Trashuma is a shitty NEET, Aqua is a shitty goddess, Darkness is a shitty princess and Megumin... Well she wasn't really in this week's episode, but she was in all of the other ones. Season 2 is great.
I would agree, and it surprised me considering that the best episode yet barely featured the best character, just imagine how good season 2 could end up being if the upward trajectory continues like it has.

Fox318

Sadly its been a while since I've watched some anime.

Watched the first episode of All Out!!

I'm laughing just from the fact that it feels like a Haikyuu!! clone.

zulux21

Sadly its been a while since I've watched some anime.

Watched the first episode of All Out!!

I'm laughing just from the fact that it feels like a Haikyuu!! clone.

I wish it felt like a haikyuu clone. Haikyuu is generic sports shonen but it at least uses likable tropes unlike all out that just feels like they wanted to try to put the least likable character trope as a main character :/

I mean sure it has the short issue that haikyuu has, but at least haikyuu tries to give the characters a little bit of flavor beyond sports tropes... all out is just bleh.

note: I am the resident viewer who doesn't understand why haikyuu got popular. I figure it's just because it has pretty animation/art because the story sure isn't anything new in sports series :p

KraytarJ

Scum's Wish 3 & 4
I said it jokingly before but this might actually be AOTS, so far of the new series it definitely is. First Ecchan joins in on the misery adding a new flavour of pain to the pile. Then the real villain of the show is revealed to be Minagawa, and I gotta say she may be the embodiment is evil but I think she's my favourite character in the show. There's just something grand about seeing characters grow through suffering like this.

Qurupeke

Descending Stories 5

The episode finished in a very intense way, with a literal cliffhanger. About time to see what Yakumo is hiding.

Grexeno

Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 05

Getting attacked by ghosts might be a sign of failing health + dark secrets

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Blue Exorcist Season 2, Episode 5:

Here I thought this week's episode of ACCA was a big pile of nothing but this series once again finds a way to be the blandest cinderblock I watch in a given week.

Don't think I'm going to continue with ACCA. It's burning a little too slow for me.

I keep thinking something is finally, really, going to happen and the series is going to pick up. But then it's back to a bit of food and more teasing of bigger things to come, maybe, possibly, but probably not. Probably going to drop it after next week.

At least Rakugo, Konosuba and Dragon Maid are saving the season for me.

5 hours into Yakuza 0

I've been caught in some sketchy real estate scheme. People from all sides are gunning for me...anyone could be behind this...

...better stop and help this lady become a better dominatrix.

Little surprised how much I'm liking this since I'd never heard anyone mention it before. My Wife, who bought the series in the first place during a Rightstuf sale
She'd seen it previously
did warn she wasn't super keen on the ending. But I love how suspenseful and thrilleresque it is with all the reveals about the history of mankind and such. Really digging it as a break from Gundam Wing in my big ass Gundam marathon.

For anyone who's never heard of it before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_the_New_World_(novel)#Anime

phaze

Little surprised how much I'm liking this since I'd never heard anyone mention it before. My Wife, who bought the series in the first place during a Rightstuf sale
She'd seen it previously
did warn she wasn't super keen on the ending. But I love how suspenseful and thrilleresque it is with all the reveals about the history of mankind and such. Really digging it as a break from Gundam Wing in my big ass Gundam marathon.

For anyone who's never heard of it before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_the_New_World_(novel)#Anime

It's a fairly renown and respected show round here. And if you liked it till now it should be smooth sailing further in.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I remember it all the time cause bellies and it is the best cute girls doing cute things show on this season.

DTVZWhs.png

Ehhhh… I wouldn't even put it as second best so far.

Really should do a write up on what I've been watching, since it's all the CGDCT tat of the season for that genuine anime of the season verdict.

It's a fairly renown and respected show round here. And if you liked it till now it should be smooth sailing further in.

Oh that's cool to hear, I'd mentioned it a month ago when I started, I sadly have little time to watch it regularly, so I thought people didn't like it. And yeah I'm really digging it!

Will read the book if it ever comes out in NA.

Yeah I'd like to read the novel it's based on too. Sadly if that hasn't already happened I kinda doubt it ever will :/

Quasar

I keep thinking something is finally, really, going to happen and the series is going to pick up. But then it's back to a bit of food and more teasing of bigger things to come, maybe, possibly, but probably not. Probably going to drop it after next week.

At least Rakugo, Konosuba and Dragon Maid are saving the season for me.

I'd say ACCA is easily my favourite of the season. And really I find there's plenty of stuff happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom