• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He was in Star Wars Rebels for two episodes. Most of which he spent threatening his allies and generally being a tosser.
FANSERVICE!!!!!!!

There's always going to be a place for disc sales, and anime is relatively stable in comparison to other declining disc releases. It will get more niche though, and collectors editions will get more common; we can already see this happening. The market is going to cater to people who are huge fans of particular shows, and people who care about superior audio/visual quality compared to streaming. It's niche, but people will pay out for it, often regardless of high pricing or not.
If people are trying to get 150 bucks for Infinite Stratos now, I can only imagine what anime home sales will be like in 5 years. lol

All this reminds me that I ought to watch Kizu I with the commentary track soon.

But seriously, monogatari commentary tracks are just flat-out awesome, and the main reason I decided to not get Aniplex releases of the series was because everything after bake is flat out missing them.
Finding out about the Bakemonogatari commentaries is still one of the highlights of "modern anime" for me. lol
Ah, the heady days of 2009/10... when anime was so new and exciting.

Jarmel

Banned
C4AnKAAWYAEfWR5.jpg

Oishi...

This is obvious. There's more screen space in a cinema so you need to increase Cat's tats by a noticeable percentage to compensate for this.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ACCA Episode 5:

Okay, even I am starting to lose my patience with these series as political intrigue is giving way to the minutia of district breads and creepy stalker subplots that are shockingly dull.

SkyOdin

ACCA Episode 5:

Okay, even I am starting to lose my patience with these series as political intrigue is giving way to the minutia of district breads and creepy stalker subplots that are shockingly dull.
I don't know how you can say that, a whole ton of stuff happened in this episode. This series isn't about crazy or flashy events happening, it is about untangling the mysteries of what are people's actual motivations. For example: "who is Nino actually working for?" It isn't just Grossler.

I find the series to be pretty riveting, since each new episodes reveals more about this web of mysteries and lies.

phaze

Jojo DIU 35 & bit of 36

Doesn't this kinda suck for Kira too ?
He willingly closed himself in a series of time loops seems like, even if if he's unable to perceive them t

Edit: Ok, expanded upon one minute further, nevermind.

zulux21

Masamune-kun no Revenge (Dub) episode 1

an enjoyable enough first episode and thus I am willing to give this one another episode.
the dub was good for the most part, but I don't have any clue how it compares to the japanese because i didn't bother checking it out in japanese.

Pundere

Decided to give this a shot. Few questions:
1)Do I need to be reading all the text cut-ins?

2)Why does Araragi's internal monologue sound way worse than all the other dialogue/audio? May just be an issue with crunchyroll.

3)Is the cameraman drunk?

Other than that my general impression is that this shit's weird and Hitagi is gonna be best girl.

I don't know how you can say that, a whole ton of stuff happened in this episode. This series isn't about crazy or flashy events happening, it is about untangling the mysteries of what are people's actual motivations. For example: "who is Nino actually working for?" It isn't just Grossler.

I find the series to be pretty riveting, since each new episodes reveals more about this web of mysteries and lies.

Who really cares about that, though? Jean hardly even had an emotional reaction when he found out about Nino's spying. They both just flatly laughed off the topic and on we go, to the next boring district.

By now I'm certain this will have nothing to offer until the last 1-2 episodes where we get a twist that's likely not worth building up to for 10+ episodes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

I am aware of that but I can't help but feel that the series is getting bogged down by its own details at the expense of the larger picture. Also, yes, we are getting more and more details but we are also watching a bureaucrat doing routine inspections that are, well, routine.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

2)Why does Araragi's internal monologue sound way worse than all the other dialogue/audio? May just be an issue with crunchyroll.

Other than that my general impression is that this shit's weird and Hitagi is gonna be best girl.

1. Maybe? They fill in gaps that you can usually infer on your own.

2. No idea.

3. Welcome to Shaft.

Narag

Jojo DIU 35 & bit of 36

Doesn't this kinda suck for Kira too ?
He willingly closed himself in a series of time loops seems like, even if if he's unable to perceive them t

Edit: Ok, expanded upon one minute further, nevermind.
Some of my favorite anime watching memories is doing just that and feeling like they anticipated the question.

Jex

Come on, he liked Death Note.

I don't see the comparison! Death Note is an extremely popular and very entertaining series that NeoGAF even ranked the 22nd great anime of all time.

In all seriousness, for all it's many faults, Death Note is a far superior series to something relatively forgettable like Rage of Genesis: Bahamut. The only element of Rage of Genesis: Bahamut that even approaches Death Note is that its OP is nearly as bad as Death Note's 2nd OP.

I dropped 3-Gatsu no Lion.

Not totally, just the anime, as I plan to continue with the manga. I think the better pace in that medium and the less jarring transition between sweet stuff and drama makes it preferable.

phaze

1/ Not really, I't'd be a pain in the ass that would break the flow of the ep and make watching it a chore.

2) Dunno, never perceived the issue

3) yes

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
1/ Not really, I't'd be a pain in the ass that would break the flow of the ep and make watching it a chore.

More than pausing a show to post a question of GAF that gets answered a few moments later in the episode?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I dropped 3-Gatsu no Lion.

Not totally, just the anime, as I plan to continue with the manga. I think the better pace in that medium and the less jarring transition between sweet stuff and drama makes it preferable.
I feel like you'd be missing a lot. The voice acting is good, color is used to great effect, and the music has done a great job of bringing certain scenes to life.

Quasar

yeah, my aots. well not counting rakugo.

Jex

Oh really? That seems insane since they're not actual commentaries but essential metatextual audio dramas. Even then, they could have technically done the ones that don't feature that actor, even if it is one of the "major" ones. I know Sentai basically removed a commentary from the Infinite Stratos release for a similar reason, but still kept the other ones.

Meanwhile I've looped that webm I just linked several times and I'm down the rabbit hole of trying to figure out how to sync .ass files yet again. lol

The actually crazy part of that is that the voice actors' contracts would be lax enough for that to even happen.

KraytarJ

1. No
2. It's just supposed to sound different than voiced dialogue, to show the character speaking is doing so internally. I never had a problem with it.
3. It's Shaft baby, welcome to this weird world.
4. A lot of people come that, completely incorrect, conclusion. Not the show being weird, but then again you ain't seen nothing yet.

Wow, it's almost scary how similar the Rakugo case in Ace Attorney is to a certain sidething/character in Shouwa Rakugo. Obviously not exact but they share way more than a few similarities

TUSR

Banned
You should be thanking SHAFT for giving you the opportunity to pause -monogatari so you have sufficient time to absorb the dense plot.

Jarmel

Banned
Wow, the FX for those people walking at the start of the trailer is terrible. It's concerning when you see these small details flubbed.

It's best that we don't talk about the character animation, either.

Oh lol, I didn't catch this but you're right in that the audio seems slightly out of sync for when Kodai is running over to the group. Nobody is moving but you still hear the same walking sound.

Line_HTX

Looks like CR has their map of the US again for this season and Blue Exorcist Kyoto Arc got over half the states.

Konosuba S2 is all over the Midwest, and there's some states with Masamune-kun's Revenge and Tanya the Evil as well as Fuuka.

Quasar

Looks like CR has their map of the US again for this season and Blue Exorcist Kyoto Arc got over half the states.

Konosuba S2 is all over the Midwest, and there's some states with Masamune-kun's Revenge and Tanya the Evil as well as Fuuka.

Rather surprised given I see basically no discussion of Exorcist online. I guess its just outside my bubble.

Nah, this isn't Tattoo Taboo or Occultic;Nine. Just that quick cuts have been one of the techniques developed as part of the "Shinbo/Shaft" style to compensate for limited animation while retaining visual energy.

Wow, the FX for those people walking at the start of the trailer is terrible. It's concerning when you see these small details flubbed.

It's best that we don't talk about the character animation, either.

The word from preview screening impressions confirms that the animation is noticeably poor across the board, which is a shame. I had gotten more optimistic for Yamato 2202 after watching Habara's work on Fafner Exodus, but it seems like he was unfortunately unable to replicate that show's quality here.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So Mississippi is the only decent state in the whole of Yankland.

Oh, I didn't see Maryland off to the side there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom