• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chain Chronicle - The Light of Haecceitas 2 - 2

Wow
Kain dying maybe by Yuri's hand from him being infected with the blight of the black king and then transforming? This is bad, really really bad. How can they even get out of this? Aram needs a new power from his friends, please.

Andrew J.

Showa Genraku Shinju 01

This was pretty good. You can tell the animators put a lot of work into very detailed, expressive body language for the rakugo performances. I do wonder how many full performances, or even long excerpts, the show will be able to accommodate as it moves to regular-length episodes.

Yotaro is a stupid jackass, but very earnest, which is quite endearing. His enthusiasm plays well off Konatsu's bitterness and the master's cynicism.

One thing I didn't like: you can't just have a character dramatically accuse another of murder and then cut to another scene like nothing happened, especially when there's a viewpoint character unfamiliar with the situation around.

Other than that, I'm wary of the possibility of the show getting bogged down in romantic drama. It doesn't seem to be going that way for now, but still...

LotusHD

Banned
Showa Genraku Shinju 01

This was pretty good. You can tell the animators put a lot of work into very detailed, expressive body language for the rakugo performances. I do wonder how many full performances, or even long excerpts, the show will be able to accommodate as it moves to regular-length episodes.

Yotaro is a stupid jackass, but very earnest, which is quite endearing. His enthusiasm plays well off Konatsu's bitterness and the master's cynicism.

One thing I didn't like: you can't just have a character dramatically accuse another of murder and then cut to another scene like nothing happened, especially when there's a viewpoint character unfamiliar with the situation around.

Other than that, I'm wary of the possibility of the show getting bogged down in romantic drama. It doesn't seem to be going that way for now, but still...

Oh man, you're in for a treat.

Showa Genraku Shinju 01

More than you might think. The anime substantially expands on the rakugo performances from the original manga, as you would expect in a medium that actually allows for legitimate performances.

Narag

Nobunaga no Shinobi 19
M2rPMQBl.jpg
hanbei is so fucking moe

Chain Chronicle - The Light of Haecceitas 2 - 3
C4GhY6IWAAItLQE.jpg:small
C4Gion2XAAI6gRu.jpg:small

The power to always believe in your friends and bonds you forged along lifes way is strong here and makes me feel all good. Aram is what every anime needs. Yuri can find his way or have his friends help him find it, believe it.

Jarmel

Banned
The word from preview screening impressions confirms that the animation is noticeably poor across the board, which is a shame. I had gotten more optimistic for Yamato 2202 after watching Habara's work on Fafner Exodus, but it seems like he was unfortunately unable to replicate that show's quality here.
Across the board? The only stuff I had seen were people talking about a couple of scenes, not the entire episodes.

KraytarJ

Tsukimonogatari
My takeaways:
1. Ononoki is amazing, as previous stories seemed to imply
2. Araragi continues to be the most loveable terror in anime
3. I need to know more about Ougi and what her(?) goals are

Decided to give this a shot. Few questions:
1)Do I need to be reading all the text cut-ins?

2)Why does Araragi's internal monologue sound way worse than all the other dialogue/audio? May just be an issue with crunchyroll.

3)Is the cameraman drunk?

Other than that my general impression is that this shit's weird and Hitagi is gonna be best girl.

1. Nah.

2. Ararararararagi's internal monologues sound to me like an old cassette player's audio, indicating that its a recording of his own thoughts. Shaft does this in 3gatsu no Lion too

3. yes

4. Correct, welcome to the brotherhood of the crab

Tsukimonogatari
My takeaways:
1. Ononoki is amazing, as previous stories seemed to imply
2. Araragi continues to be the most loveable terror in anime
3. I need to know more about Ougi and what her(?) goals are

Chain Chronicle - The Light of Haecceitas 2 - 4
C4GrNZJWAAATxOf.jpg:large

Alright ending, actually Ill put it as the good ending
for we did get another Aram friendship speech and some nice reveals but also the resolution between him and Yuri's plot in this chronicle world. I cant wait to see how Yuri v Aram turns out next. The new ability looked hot

JulianImp

All the girls in the Araragi harem are great characters regardless of whatever silly waifu appeal you might get up in swords over. Even the lousy Nadeko was good during her arc, and... uh... I guess people into tooth brushing liked Karen's arc as well.

Other than those two, I don't think any of them are actually below each other. Even the one-arc-wonder Oikura ended up being great.

Narag

Why does the Kemono Friends anime still exist, the damn game its meant to advertise was closed down months ago.

IIRC the game closed a month before this was meant to air. I imagine it was already in production so might as well finish it up. I think it's a 1 am timeslot so Nexon could just advertise their other stuff if they bought the slot.

NeonZ

Why does the Kemono Friends anime still exist, the damn game its meant to advertise was closed down months ago.

It's hard to compare its sales with the other shows right now since the Blu-Ray release is technically a bonus for various "guidebooks", but on Amazon at least the first guidebook is the 4th place in the overall book category, which seems pretty good.

Is there a lobster girl? Octopus? Other sea creatures?

In the original game there were some dolphins, whales and seals. They aren't in initial cast list for the anime, and the only one in the most recent promo art is the generic dolphin, but that included even stuff like the cryptid Skyfish and the alien frog in my avatar, so in spite of that she might still not appear in the anime.

Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju Episode 4
C4GvmZ3XUAQ30pa.jpg:small
C4Gz9mnXUAAe-xX.jpg:small

More screentime please, so cute.

I liked how different it was with Sis doing the rakugo, too bad it couldnt be a more interesting story to tell.

All the girls in the Araragi harem are great characters regardless of whatever silly waifu appeal you might get up in swords over. Even the lousy Nadeko was good during her arc, and... uh... I guess people into tooth brushing liked Karen's arc as well.

Other than those two, I don't think any of them are actually below each other. Even the one-arc-wonder Oikura ended up being great.

Both Araragi sisters are at the bottom of the totem pole, but at least Tsukihi has had some fun conversations.

There's practically nothing about Karen that you can't get better with Suruga.

They live in a zoo, not an aquarium.

wNYvIWF.png

There's a tsuchinoko girl. cryptids represent

Oh, that's neat. Which one is she? I only ever got through Bakemonogatari.

In the original game there were some dolphins, whales and seals. They aren't in initial cast list for the anime, and the only one in the most recent promo art is the generic dolphin, but that included even stuff like the cryptid Skyfish and the alien frog in my avatar, so in spite of that she might still not appear in the anime.

Aw boo.

...I still don't know what this series is about.

Aki-at

Noragami - 3

I mean I was enjoying this episode right upto Yato's talk about how he doesn't want to save suicidal people and how they get possessed to think about killing themselves that it all flew the wrong way for me. Overall it was a good episode but the subject matter just ruffled my feathers a bit, pretty much bullshit.

KraytarJ

wNYvIWF.png

Oh, that's neat. Which one is she? I only ever got through Bakemonogatari.

Aw boo.

...I still don't know what this series is about.
It's basically about people talking. With supernatural shit everywhere. And a lot of fan service. And the best harem ever created. And it's really weird but in a good way. It's just really hard to explain why it's good. Ya know?

TAles of Zestiria the X Episode 6

I am very confused why there are scenes from Berseria in this.

I get that it is a prequel.... I guess this is explained later? Just kinda jarring for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom