• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChaos0

By the way, could you name a few good shows in the past 3-5 seasons? I haven't really been following it much in the past year, maybe watching a show or 2 per season. I'm pretty easy on the genres, #unhingedopinions are welcome. I'm sure there's going to be some that I've seen (I watched Mob Psycho, OPM, Re:Zero, Konosuba and Haikyuu from the top of my head, currently watching Gintama, March comes in like a Lion and Showa Rakugo).

Tonton

By the way, could you name a few good shows in the past 3-5 seasons? I haven't really been following it much in the past year, maybe watching a show or 2 per season. I'm pretty easy on the genres, #unhingedopinions are welcome. I'm sure there's going to be some that I've seen (I watched Mob Psycho, OPM, Re:Zero, Konosuba and Haikyuu from the top of my head, currently watching Gintama, March comes in like a Lion and Showa Rakugo).

Besides what you watched I'd reccomend Luluco, Kiznaiver, Orange and Girlish Number
Flying Witch is a cool rural SoL too
I guess Osomatsu-san also falls into that timeframe

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I like anime.
Nah, no one actually like anime

Akiba's trip 5

Street Fighter V in an episode about fighting game. Gonzo far more legit than Kyoani who can't afford to show Dark souls in their show!
Nah, i know that is not the case
This episode is pretty much full of fghting game competitive scene, from EVO 37 and several JP players as a cameo.
Most amusing scene: Mayonnaise sniffing on Tamotsu pants. Like wow, now that is what i call thirsty

TheChaos0

Besides what you watched I'd reccomend Luluco, Kiznaiver, Orange and Girlish Number
Flying Witch is a cool rural SoL too
I guess Osomatsu-san also falls into that timeframe

I always like a good old SoL/Healing, Non Non Biyori from a while ago was a pleasure to watch. Was Girlish Number about seiyuu world? I remember being interested considering I found Shirobako really, really good. The problem is these days I rarely follow up on these "interesting" anime because I forget about them by the time I get to watch something new.

Line_HTX

I like anime.

image.php

That one Akiba's Trip episode just shows again how cool it would be if there is an anime about competitive gaming would be instead of always digging into the nonsensical and badly written lore.

Tonton

I always like a good old SoL/Healing, Non Non Biyori from a while ago was a pleasure to watch. Was Girlish Number about seiyuu world? I remember being interested considering I found Shirobako really, really good. The problem is these days I rarely follow up on these "interesting" anime because I forget about them by the time I get to watch something new.

Yeah Girlish Number was the seiyuu anime, not as good as Shirobako imo but really enjoyable

KraytarJ

Akiba's Trip 6
So it's a PC episode this time and after Tamotsu and his pirate friend go build a pic the professor makes Linux, with waifu technology. Then the waifu technology advances and Mayo ain't havin it. Then we go full
Iron Giant
and you have to wonder what it's all for. So yeah, still weird still great.
Also that was some fine rope work by mega PC on Arisa, just sayin.

Theonik

Discord' definitelyless functional than IRC but it beats the current toxic IRC climate. The slave reparation discussion last night has me an inch from just cleaning house.
You should just get the job done. Use your powers wisely.

Tonton

The iDOLM@STER 21
Looks like they resolved the stuff with the other agency finally? At least I don't see how they could have more on that

Was plesantly surprised by best girl getting to sing and get the credits at the end of the episode but wish she actually got a episode dedicated to her instead bummer

Qurupeke

Maidragon 5
KyoAni saved us. Even the first few minutes of the episode, with Kanna's shrimp on the background, were absolutely delightful. The show definitely has found its pace and it just excels.

Also, Tohru is the best.

The Akiba's Trip anime has the most random episode themes. The latest one is about the MC learning how to build a PC. He's too cheap to buy Windows so uses some OS his crazy friend built that turns out to be an AI that he falls for.

This is way better than the bad game it's titled after.

Narag

The Akiba's Trip anime has the most random episode themes. The latest one is about the MC learning how to build a PC. He's too cheap to buy Windows so uses some OS his crazy friend built that turns out to be an AI that he falls for.

This sounds so great lol

Agreed. I am consistently surprised how entertaining the show is.

blurr

Tanaka-kun is always Listless 09

Ohta's sister is a lot more amusing in the sense that she has good reaction faces.

Line_HTX

GONZO already making their comeback!

Azumanga Daioh 3

I'm glad we've moved past the "lumpy cheek" school of character design. It's not nearly as bad here as in some earlier anime from the 1990s, but it's still present enough to annoy me.

I wouldn't call them random; it's just digging deeper into Akihabara-esque otakuism than purely anime.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I love that Kobayashi has a real job and does real job things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom