• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
K-ON and Lucky Star epitomize the type of SoL that I can never get into. Non non Biyori occupies a middle space. Then the type I enjoy are Barakamon or Kobyashi Maidragon or Hyouka.

I regretfully can never get into "comfy" anime. They just don't do anything for me, I guess.

KraytarJ

K-ON! 5
So basically Sawako is the drill sergeant these lame wads needed. Of course there's another example of Yui's blistering incompetence when she shows that she can sing or play guitar but not both, which really should have been predictable but again they wait until time is almost up to realize Yui can't do shit on her own. I'd honestly hate her if her interactions with Ritsu weren't so consistently great.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Talking about it made me go back and finally listen to the Nise episode 2 Crab+Cat commentary since the idea of waiting for the rest of the commentaries to be available is basically folly now.

Here's Senjou talking about how great the OP is!
hPNZz3Sl.png

mj50cRTl.jpg

Whoops. lol

I just have to hope someone subs the entire series in my life time at this point.

KraytarJ

K-ON and Lucky Star epitomize the type of SoL that I can never get into. Non non Biyori occupies a middle space. Then the type I enjoy are Barakamon or Kobyashi Maidragon or Hyouka.

I regretfully can never get into "comfy" anime. They just don't do anything for me, I guess.
SoL is my genre, so I'm open to basically all types. Lucky Star is actually what turned me on to SoL in the first place, though I'm still not sure why my high school self decided to randomly check out Lucky Star when my anime experience to that point was basically limited to Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Yugioh, Beyblade, Inuyasha, and Naruto but I'm glad I did. Even if it confused the hell out of me while I was watching it.

Qurupeke

Konosuba S2 5
Amazing episode. A more serious threat and the show managed to make it completely entertaining. So many good moments, but I burst out laughing when Megumin wanted a mask because it was cool.

Konosuba's second season is so good. I liked the show fairly enough already, but I love it right now. Also, Darkness has become too good on these two episodes.

I think it's just a preference thing; I'm not daft enough to say either are bad shows. I just am more focused in the media I enjoy on other things, so if I get into a SoL show it's because it also has stronger elements of character interaction/characterization or plot threads that build. Shows that are, for lack of a better descriptor, about "nothing" just don't grab me. Or not about nothing, but about evoking a feeling or atmosphere through light-hearted interaction. Not to say they are devoid of depth, but not in the direction I like.

Konosuba 5

I got like 30 seconds into this episode before Kazuma's "Come here" and interaction with Aqua made me have to pause it from laughing too hard. More thoughts when I'm done laughing.

Edit: "Satou-sa-"
"Sayou desu"

I can't, I fucking can't.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sort of like how Friends was proto-Hyouka.
I remember when Ross became a detective that one time~

I find this highly offensive
Nerd reference -> slice of life observation -> Reference about making nerd reference -> repeat for 15 minutes.

It's not really a judgement, just that it's one of the first shows I remember built on having "I get that reference!" jokes in it throughout its entire running time.

Tuck

Konosuba 1-7
I don't find this that funny, at least not compared to some of the posters here, and its not the type of show I'd usually watch, but I am enjoying it.

Some highlights:
-Darkness is the MVP, she's legit funny
-Kazuma is pretty great. "Yes yes, I'm Kazuma."

Aqua sucks though.

Clov

SoL is my genre, so I'm open to basically all types. Lucky Star is actually what turned me on to SoL in the first place, though I'm still not sure why my high school self decided to randomly check out Lucky Star when my anime experience to that point was basically limited to Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Yugioh, Beyblade, Inuyasha, and Naruto but I'm glad I did. Even if it confused the hell out of me while I was watching it.

Lucky Star is what got me into anime, so it has a lot of sentimental value for me. I really like its approach to slice of life, where each episode is really just a bunch of random chunks of the characters' lives. I understand it's not for everyone, but I find it really relaxing to watch.

It's great going back to it after learning more about anime over the years. You catch a lot of references that may have gone over your head before!

ACCA 5

This is a weird ass series. They key flaw is how they have a central suspense story about a possible coup d'etat, and a political situation, and factions... and in between they put some totally unrelated Slice of Life intermissions which are pretty boring for themselves, like an Acca member having some potatoes, or the other guy discovering toasts. It only serves to lose focus and slow down the story.

Vanir getting repeatedly interrupted when he tried to monologue and basically being beaten by getting exasperated with Darkness was the best.

Huh, 2 seasons in and they're still in the starting town.

Dresden

I don't remember anything about Friends other than that cat song so, sure!

Just waiting for the weird girl with the weird hair in Hyouka being featured in a noitaminA show where she gets to complain about being typecast as the weird girl with weird hair.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Narag cat, Narag cat, who are you bullying?
Narag cat, Narag cat, don't be so mean!

They won't take your suggestion seriously
Cos they're not into beastialty
But still you act like the thread tsar
Yet your avatar isn't even of Luna

Narag cat, Narag cat, who are you bullying?
Narag cat, Narag cat, don't be so mean!

Tonton

The iDOLM@STER 22

I sometimes wish there would actually be an scandal involving Miki and the producer after she started this annoying "honey" business

A Christmas episode where not much happen besides everyone buying cake, kinda eh tbh

KraytarJ

Konosuba 2-5
So Darkness and Vanir are pretty much the perfect comedy duo, so yet another episode is stolen by Darkness and while she didn't have much of a part again Megumin asking for her own mask was good stuff. Also, weird to see an actual win for once. I kept expecting something to go wrong right before the bell, I guess we'll have to wait until next week when something inevitably goes horribly wrong again.

Eumi

This goes down real easy after Re:Zero.

Vanir continues demon king commanders being the best parts of this show. It's the slow decent from legitimate threat to gag character. Like they're slowly realising they live in a comedy anime.

zulux21

akiba'strip 2-4

has more adorable girls than k-on
has more music than k-on
has nearly as much eating as k-on

akiba'strip the better k-on :p

zulux21

akiba'strip 5 8 minutes in

can hands down say this is the best use of the street fighter IP ever.

first time I ever enjoyed anything related to street fighter lol.

TheChaos0

I'm still annoyed that no one can license Hyoka because Kadokawa are greedy bastards. It will happen eventually but when you get useless stuff like Tamako Market instead... just makes me sad.

/XX/

One could think that an event to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Royal Space Force, with Mr. Yamaga as main guest, would be a great opportunity to talk about Uru in Blue, right? Well, the upcoming Shin-Bungeiza×ANIMESTYLE SELECTION Vol.90 to be celebrated February 18 and hosted as always by Yūichirō "animesama" Oguro might bring some answers (at least about that long-promised 'Overture'):

新文芸坐×アニメスタイル セレクションVol. 90公開30周年『王立宇宙軍 オネアミスの翼』を観る | WEBアニメスタイル
http://animestyle.jp/2017/02/02/10941/

http://www.nhk.or.jp/anime/ryu/en/index.html

Huh... it's actually going to air on NHK World TV.
Yeah, NHK producer Keisuke Tsuchihashi said so during this past MIPCOM, but I didn't expect just a month of difference between both the domestic and international airings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom