• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

I just watched Classicaloid Episode 16. This felt like the first episode where they went all out with Gintama/Osomatsu style humor, although still not as good as those shows at their best.
ClassicaLoid_ep16_01_zpsgdlcrcbo.jpg
ClassicaLoid_ep16_02_zps46zfu7z0.jpg

ClassicaLoid_ep16_03_zps9lgya7lf.jpg
ClassicaLoid_ep16_04_zpsboahiodf.jpg
In spite of being directed by Yoichi Fujita, Classicaloid often feels really generic - like they're deliberately avoiding going for his signature humor style, but haven't really been able to replace that with anything else. If it's due to NHK's executives, why even bother going with Fujita as the director?

Dragon Maid 05

Best show of the season keeps being best. Fafnir standing there with like he still had a controller cracked me up.

I can't help feeling like shit's gonna go down at some point. I kinda hope it doesn't, but it feels inevitable considering the whole reason Tohru's in the human world in the first place.

Chaos;Child 5
lnIwBxC.jpg

Confirmed: Sumo Stickers are still spooky.
The reveal of Gigalomaniacs, real booting, and shared awareness of delusions was a pretty boring infodump, especially with the lack of buildup. I do think it could've been done a lot better if Taku had more delusions in earlier episodes, instead of seeming to backload all of them so close to the reveal. This also makes the attack in the latter half a lot more abrupt too, but at least it doesn't look like the director will attempt a genre shift.

Either way, dropping this at this point. Not really enjoying it much anymore, and watching from this point on really does feel like I'll be ruining the VN for myself when it does come out.

Bungou Stray Dogs Season 2

Just finished up Stray Dogs finally. Season 2 is incredible. While I enjoyed season 1, the 2nd season is so much better. The tone is also much more fitting to the show and I love the cast overall. My least favorite character is for sure Atsushi, maybe that changes in season 3 since there seems like there will be one.

I will probably pick up the manga. Does anyone know how much of the manga was adapted? I couldn't find a straight answer on that.

Konosuba S2 Ep 5

Konosuba is always a great thing to come home to from a bad day at work. The
constant banter between Kazuma , Darkness , and the big bad was hilarious.

KraytarJ

K-ON! 8
So it's time for the band that doesn't seem to play much music to recruit new members. Of course Sawako decides the best way to do that is to dress up as barn animals and handout their uninspiring fliers. Shockingly, it doesn't go well but hey at least twin-tails showed up. Oh and the promised maid cafe finally happened, kind of.

Just finished up Stray Dogs finally. Season 2 is incredible. While I enjoyed season 1, the 2nd season is so much better. The tone is also much more fitting to the show and I love the cast overall. My least favorite character is for sure Atsushi, maybe that changes in season 3 since there seems like there will be one.

I will probably pick up the manga. Does anyone know how much of the manga was adapted? I couldn't find a straight answer on that.

I would not expect a season 3, certainly not anytime soon. It looks like the anime adapted 9 volumes out of currently 11 released.

Narag

First 37 chapters.

Aki-at

Konosuba S2 - 5

Well that was another good episode, perhaps not to the same level of crazy as last week but the constant dialogue between Kazuma and Darkness then the interjection Darkness kept throwing into Sera's speech was hilarious. The show continues to be a fine addition to my schedule and hasn't failed to make me smile this season.

PK Gaming

Maid Dragon 5

This show is still trash.

Sike.

This show is everything I could have asked for and more. The perfect pick me up after getting burned by Fire Emblem.

Never watched any Gundam before, is Iron-Blooded Orphans any good?

It's a great start for anyone new to the franchise. It plays a bit different than the mainline UC stuff but I think has enough in common that it wouldn't be as jarring a jump to UC as if you started with G Gundam say if you wanted to go further in. G Gundam is good by the way, but a real oddity in the franchise.

Azumanga Daioh 4

Beginning the episode with a middle-aged male teacher proudly declaring that he became a teacher because he likes high school girls and following it up by having his female students cheerfully wonder amongst themselves whether the school is covering up his sexual dalliances is some next-level creepiness.

Azumanga Daioh 4

Beginning the episode with a middle-aged male teacher proudly declaring that he became a teacher because he likes high school girls and following it up by having his female students cheerfully wonder amongst themselves whether the school is covering up his sexual dalliances is some next-level creepiness.

back when anime was good and pure

Jex

Azumanga Daioh 4

One of NeoGAF's best anime of all time!

Azumanga Daioh 4

Wonder what you'll think about some of the later episodes :p

back when anime was good and pure

One of NeoGAF's best anime of all time!

I've occasionally seen in the past people who claim that Azumanga Daioh was the one good cute girl anime before K-ON et al ruined everything, but watching this now I can't fathom how you could come to that conclusion besides the nostalgia factor. I mean, it's not terrible but it's not particularly great either, and it's not much different in spirit to Hidamari Sketch and a million other cute girl 4-koma anime adaptations.

Wonder what you'll think about some of the later episodes :p

Oh boy...

duckroll

I've occasionally seen in the past people who claim that Azumanga Daioh was the one good cute girl anime before K-ON et al ruined everything, but watching this now I can't fathom how you could come to that conclusion besides the nostalgia factor. I mean, it's not terrible but it's not particularly great either, and it's not much different in spirit to Hidamari Sketch and a million other cute girl 4-koma anime adaptations.

I don't know what gave you that impression, but it is certainly not how I feel about Azumanga Daioh. And I love that show. I think it's really funny and really good. But wouldn't say it is "the one good cute girl anime before K-On ruined everything" or whatever. What I would have said (I might actually have said this, I don't know) is "it is Nichijou if it was actually funny" because I don't find Nichijou's humor to my liking. That's the best comparison I can think of.

I don't know what gave you that impression, but it is certainly not how I feel about Azumanga Daioh. And I love that show. I think it's really funny and really good. But wouldn't say it is "the one good cute girl anime before K-On ruined everything" or whatever. What I would have said (I might actually have said this, I don't know) is "it is Nichijou if it was actually funny" because I don't find Nichijou's humor to my liking. That's the best comparison I can think of.

I wasn't intending to say that all fans of Azumanga Daioh think that, just that I've seen a couple people in "moe vs. anti-moe" discussions say things along the lines of "I hate all moe, but Azumanga Daioh is different," etc.

(Also I think Nichijou is much better than Azumanga Daioh so far, but hey!)

Hmm, people seem like they're really enjoying Dragon Maid. That's not good.

Not the show being good. That's fine. That's okay. It's the people being too happy. Communities, regardless of what they gather around, should never be too happy. Need some genuine human misery to balance it out. And not Scum's Wish.

People enjoy that show for its misery.

PK Gaming

Not the show being good. That's fine. That's okay. It's the people being too happy. Communities, regardless of what they gather around, should never be too happy. Need some genuine human misery to balance it out. And not Scum's Wish.

You could round up all of the people in this thread who are playing/have played Fire Emblem: Heroes and have them talk about their experience. I'll go first:

o0fsib2.jpg

Quasar

ACCA 5 - Another highly entertaining episode. Such a poker face. In a way thins show reminds me of the rpg Paranoia.

Onihei 5 - Another nice episode. I do really wish we could have some multipart stories. Omatsu's voice sounded awfully familiar.

Dragon Maid 5 - I'm wavering again. Whenever they leave Kanna my interest flatlines.

Quasar

if u told me the maid dragon tiddy show would be better then eupho s2 months ago id have called you insane

I still will. But then I liked it as much as S1, maybe more. Which is why I put it at I think 5 in my top 10 for the year.

Just like basically all the more comedy Kyoani shows I'm mixed at best. Well I guess aside from FMP Fumoffu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom