• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChaos0

Dennou Coil ep.14
Mostly recap from lil' bro Akira, until the end when the future plot starts to be introduced.

More people should watch this anime.

Maid Dragon - 05

Gotta say, behind every cutesy or funny bit that we get in this show we also get quite a few emotional ones as well. KyoAni knows when to make use of those little, very human movements with the eyes and body on the characters that just have this beauty to them. This show doesn't really use this type of animation all the time (this is more stylized, not like Hyouka or Eupho), but when it does, it just works very well.

Got to say KyoAni got really good at the body language details, it's kind of their thing and it adds a lot to the scenes.

I think I should check out this Dragon Maid...

Gintama 165

And then the regular episode is about will smith saying yes we can.

Oh man, I remember this episode, they should start the live action with mannequins for the ultimate Gintama troll.

I still think it will be licensed eventually, but you have to keep in mind that not all of KyoAni's work has their international rights owned by one company. Kadokawa does have a lot of it (Lucky Star, Haruhi, Nichijou, and possibly Hyouka), but so does TBS (K-ON, Chuunibyou, Tamako Market), and Free's international rights are held by ABC Asahi. Tamako Market coming over here doesn't mean that Sentai passed up Hyouka in favor of it.

I'm aware of that, I'm 100% sure it will come over in the next 5 years, it was too expensive to license so everyone is playing the waiting game. It's one of their best shows, I just get mildly annoyed when I hear Hyouka mentioned and realise it's still no licensed... I like my blurays...

So it's like most mobile games then? ;P

I haven't spent a dime on Love Live! I'm strong.

Chindogg

FE Heroes is fun and simple. It's a super simplified FE. You don't have to spend anything, just get orbs through story mode. Pull 5 for every 20 orbs.

Jintor

Not really a fan of FE Heroes, game looks incredibly cheap

i dunno i'm really enjoying it.

the novelty of being able to play six matches on my way home is weirdly enthralling considering fire emblem usually takes me like an hour a fucking map

Pundere

So the protagonist gets into a fist fight with a
dead
grade schooler three times and Senjogahara decides she needs a piece of that and confesses. Arararagi truly is the hero we deserve.

That said, it's nice to have the relationship established early on. It's kinda refreshing to see anime characters actually talk and move things along instead of beating around the bush for 12+ episodes.

Also that playground sucks.

KiraKira Precure À La Mode 01

C4N-xTdWAAA-GTx.jpg
And so we get on the ride once again.

Jintor

Kobayashi 5

This show had some real fun segments but my favourite bits were the 4koma gags about kanna's forehead friend because they knew exactly when to cut from her hilarious reactions into the next skit.

Fafnir struck a really good balance between being an asshole and being a total nerd

FE Heroes is a fine commute game. Anyone expecting a full fledged FE game on a mobile device is fooling themselves. Matches would take too long and there would be too much complexity that wouldn't be inviting to your every day folk, or short sessions of play.

Tonton

Does it feature Roy in it? No, so we don't need it.

we can put roy in there if that gets it greenlit

FE Heroes is a fine commute game. Anyone expecting a full fledged FE game on a mobile device is fooling themselves. Matches would take too long and there would be too much complexity that wouldn't be inviting to your every day folk, or short sessions of play.

it's a good fire emblem lite, just needs jugdral and magvel characters

Qurupeke

I've only played Love Live and FE Heroes, but I already know that gachas are the best. If only they'd bring the Fate gacha here...

Andrew J.

Maidragon 05

The work visit was a little slow, and Fafnir getting all serious threatened to bring things down too much, but then the training montage saved the day. Tohru's final magic trick was a hilarious gag, too.

Konosuba S2 05

Even the most serious villains are weird assholes who can't help but get dragged into the wackiness of Kazuma's party. Two Darkness-focused episodes in a row might seem like a bit much on paper, but this one split the difference pretty evenly between jokes and demonstrating her genuinely good qualities. The resolution of the debt arc felt a little sudden, but I guess that means even worse problems are coming along pretty soon.

Joe Molotov

Picked up Howl's Moving Castle and Pom Poko yesterday while I was at Best Buy. I'm getting closer to finishing my Ghibli Blu-Ray collection. Still need:

Don't Own
-Tales of Earthsea

Own on DVD
-Grave of Fireflies
-Spirited Away
-The Cat Returns
-My Neighbors the Yamadas (not on BD in NA)
-Porco Rosso

TheChaos0

Picked up Howl's Moving Castle and Pom Poko yesterday while I was at Best Buy. I'm getting closer to finishing my Ghibli Blu-Ray collection. Still need:

Don't Own
-Tales of Earthsea

Own on DVD
-Grave of Fireflies
-Spirited Away
-The Cat Returns
-My Neighbors the Yamadas (not on BD in NA)
-Porco Rosso

I'm sure you are aware but Eathsea isn't that great. 1st half is pretty good and the 2nd half is a bit of a mess. Hmm, I should replace some of my Ghibli DVDs with Blurays, I got the newer ones on Bluray but not the earlier titles.

JulianImp

Forgot to post this earlier, so...

Arakawa Under the Bridge - Up to #7
This show's enjoyable, but still kind of meh. Having actual plot progression amidst the short skirts that make up each episode is nice since it means new gags are possible without necessarily having to introduce more and more characters, but at the same time I keep wishing the plot-to-gag ratio was higher.

The recourse of having a large cast so they could mix and match different gags does make sense, but at the same time it's like everyone keeps doing their one thing they do, making skits fairly predictable anyway. Having a denpa cast does give them more flexibility with gags, but at the same time it feels like an extended manzai session with the MC playing tsukkomi to the rest of the cast's boke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom