• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
What example would I be setting for future watchbets if I don't finish one of my first ones with G Gundam? Dunno. Maybe I can get my roommate to watch with me so at least he can derive enjoyment from my pain. :p

I actually feel really bad about it. I really should finish it.

Well, if that's what you want...

Maybe you'll see it with new fresh eyes now that you've spent a lot of time away from it.

Beyblade Episode 13

Wow Ray was pretty awesome this episode, so glad hes back to how he used to be and is actually doing well for himself. The finals is going to be awesome.

Also like the pretzel shaped wall of china.

Twin Star exorcist 43

The ladies
Rokuro's
man everybody!
d566bd76337b6d6ba5b44216a55ea4f8.jpg

The backstory episode was pretty cool and we had quite a lot of nice detail about how the Kegare came from men's malevolence(Hey isn't that something familiar!). I loved the emotions Rokuro's showed throughout this episode and how troubled he was up until the end. Random Idol Kegare aside, loved this episode.

Akiba's trip 4 eng dub

Nothing much to say other then the english dub makes this hilarious. I'm really curious to see how they changed the original *comedy*.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Alright Nintendoman... now I am getting worried about you finishing our watchbet. So far you did Hyouka, but never got around to Chihiyafuru and Your Lie in April.

I thought watch bets were meant to involve bad shows. This is like betting someone won't eat a nice bowl of creme caramel.

Cornbread78

Dragon Maid ep.5
Meh. Pretty boring again. I did get a couple chuckles, but it's strong episodic presentation does nothing for me. But hey, it looks great, so it should be amazing, right?

Qurupeke

Scum's Wish 5
How can someone be that perfect?!

Really good episode, loved it showed both of the couples in parallel, along with Akane's inner thoughts. And that final scene! Dio is a pussy compared to her.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 5

Really good at blending humor with tenderness and reflecting both in turn in the visual presentation. Just look at the contrast between Tohru and Fafnir when he's confronting her about how Kobayashi will likely die long before Tohru does:

and then when they're at Takiya's apartment and Fafnir begins to get antsy for those addicting video games:

I appreciate the gentle range of the show.

Scum's Wish - 05

Man I am so conflicted. On one hand, Rakugo is superb. On the other hand, so is this show. Each and every week I leave from Scum's Wish wanting to watch more, simply because it is that good. Honestly as it is, this show and Rakugo are tied for AOTS for me, it's not even one being in first and the other being in second. Gonna have to wait and see whether there will be a tie breaker between the two at some point in the next coming weeks, but as is, it's going to be tough to choose.

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcists ep.43
At least we found out who/what Rokuro. I hope this doesn't fall into the whole teanage agnst whoa is me crap with the whole Benio x Rokuro ship.

KraytarJ

K-ON! 11
I was really prepared for this episode to be a lot worse than it was, Ritsu and Mio growing apart is not okay, but thankfully it was (mostly) all due to a cold. So no heartbreak, no sunken ships, it's all good. Now onto the second festival I guess, this time with even less defined roles. Somehow.

Cornbread78

Penguindrum ep.15
Yuri's life is suffering, damn...

still not sure what her dad was doing to her, was the hammering of those chisels symbolism for something more sinister?

Well, I think that's it for me and the wife with Masamune-kun's Revenge. I just can't get into its 'serious undertone' concerning his quest for revenge. I mean jeez our lead is so petty, petty enough to ignore the plethora of women throwing themselves at him otherwise. It also doesn't help that the comedy often feels really off the wall and random, which can work, but I don't think jives with the earlier quest for revenge tone I mentioned.

I looked up the rest of the series, just to mainly figure out who the fat guy is in the credits sequence and man, after reading about all the twists from the manga, I think we've made a wise choice. I do not like the sound of where it goes at all.

Akiba's Trip pulled us around though. Waifu Robot episode was actually pretty good, even in Japanese without the joke padded dub dialogue. Probably going to stick with it now till the end of the season.

PK Gaming

Dragon Maid ep.5
Meh. Pretty boring again. I did get a couple chuckles, but it's strong episodic presentatuin does nothing for me. But hey, it looks great, so it should be anazing, right?

Did you...did you just make a cynical post? This thread's totally getting to you, haha.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 5

Really good at blending humor with tenderness and reflecting both in turn in the visual presentation. Just look at the contrast between Tohru and Fafnir when he's confronting her about how Kobayashi will likely die long before Tohru does:

and then when they're at Takiya's apartment and Fafnir begins to get antsy for those addicting video games:

I appreciate the gentle range of the show.

KyoAni basically turned lead into gold. I don't think I can ever go back to the source material after this.

Spiritpact Episode 4
C4RMI_oWAAQyhLs.jpg:small

Spiritpact is so good and so funny.

But the action this episode was awesome, I hope we get a rematch especially now that we saw the powers that can be unlocked just by using the family sword.

C4RSA1SWIAAVtGz.jpg:small
C4RSHjiXUAAwuI2.jpg:small

Love when in BL they complain about touching, but forget earlier they were on and in bed together.

Cornbread78

Gargantia ep.7
Pretty intense. Just let Ledo be Ledo. It's not like the
giant alien squid
they can't completely
destroy everything of they wanted to.

Sterok

Masamune-kun's Revenge 6

And now we're just stalling as the most arbitrary of obstacles prevent our protagonist from making any sort of progress in his goal.

Did you...did you just make a cynical post? This thread's totally getting to you, haha.

He's watched so much trash he can't appreciate actual quality. It's unfortunate.

KyoAni basically turned lead into gold. I don't think I can ever go back to the source material after this.

I don't know the source material at all, but what KyoAni has been doing with the show is definitely gold. Pretty much everything just works.

HEYBOT! Episode 18

Nejiru in school...sign me up, this was what we always needed and it was perfect. The additional of the rival smart kid too was great especially for the comedy but also the serious competition. Im glad they went with the route they did with it especially the resolution
cant cheat using illegally acquired screws

Nejiru was great as well as Moeru.
C4RXet1WEAE0dTn.jpg:small
C4RZ8mUW8AATpRv.jpg:small

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Scum's Wish Episode 5:

Yes, oh yes! I will never get over how much actual sex is contained within the series. also, Akane is already one of my favorite villains ever.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For all you people watching Masamune-kun's /mra fantasy, 6 characters got laid in Scum's Wish 5 today, including a random side character and worst girl is still forever alone to much rejoicing.

TUSR

Banned
Is Scum's Wish on that stupid Amazon paywall thing?

Monday
5:00 Tales of Zestria the X
cE2spqV.png

16:00 Gabriel DropOut
17B2PFm.png

18:35 Chiruran 1/2
17B2PFm.png

19:05 Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation
17B2PFm.png

TBD ONIHEI
YD9xF6N.png

Tuesday
16:00 ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Ai-Mai-Mi Surgical Friends
17B2PFm.png

18:00 Hand Shakers
17B2PFm.png

19:05 Kemono Friends
17B2PFm.png

Wednesday
14:00 Akiba's Trip The Animation
17B2PFm.png

15:30 Piacevole
17B2PFm.png

16:00 One Room
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
17B2PFm.png

17:00 CHAOS;CHILD
17B2PFm.png

18:35 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2
17B2PFm.png

Thursday
16:00 Masamune-kun's Revenge
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Marginal#4: Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang
17B2PFm.png

16:40 Koro Sensei Quest!
17B2PFm.png

17:00 Super Lovers 2
17B2PFm.png

TBD Scum's Wish
YD9xF6N.png

Friday
13:30 FOREST FAIRY FIVE
17B2PFm.png

15:30 Saga of Tanya the Evil
17B2PFm.png

16:00 Fuuka
17B2PFm.png

17:00 Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel
17B2PFm.png

18:30 Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc
17B2PFm.png

19:45 Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceita
17B2PFm.png

20:45 Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen
17B2PFm.png

Saturday
6:00 Seiren
17B2PFm.png

6:00 URARA MEIROCHO
vLIADRB.png

14:00 BanG Dream!
17B2PFm.png

14:30 Spiritpact
17B2PFm.png

16:00 Rewrite: Moon and Terra
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Interviews With Monster Girls
17B2PFm.png

18:45 SENGOKUCHOJYUGIGA Season 2
17B2PFm.png

Sunday
16:30 Idol Incidents
17B2PFm.png

17:00 ēlDLIVE
17B2PFm.png

17:30 Nyanko Days
17B2PFm.png

19:15 Yami Shibai 4th Season
17B2PFm.png

19:35 Gintama.
17B2PFm.png

TBD Little Witch Academia (TV)
6gkwHJm.png

 
17B2PFm.png
- Crunchyroll
cE2spqV.png
- Funimation
GfekrDR.png
- Daisuki
88kOei1.png
- Amazon Prime
YD9xF6N.png
- Anime Strike
vLIADRB.png
- The Anime Network
6gkwHJm.png
- Netflix

Azure striker Gunvolt OVA
7a9bbfa1d6a42b9321620ea69d6d7dfe.jpg

Ok...this was AMAZING! The animation was great, the VA was good and the action was awesome. I loved how they kept some of the game mechanics for the anime like the tagging(it even had the sound). We basically got what is a extended prologue from the game first mission. With Extended fights, Merak actually appearing sooner, us seeing GV's past, we saw how they used Lumen to affect the hidden adepts, Nova appears super soon and we got to take a look at what the general population was hearing of GV's actions. Basically a bunch of good stuff that pleased me greatly as a GV fan.

The only negative is that the DUB is absolute mediocrity, the japanese dub is perfect tho!

Final thoughts...

+Full 12(24?!) episodes series when?!
+Luxclaibur/Sparkcalibur was awesome!
+that Coppen tease!!! Damn you Inti!
+Gunvolt is hot
+Gunvolt is cool
+Gunvolt is awesomely awesome
+that midriff is the absolute best
+Joule's smile must be protected.
+a shame it's stuck on the 3DS
+it's only 2,50$ tho

finally caught up with S2 of Rakugo

I think I like the leads of S2 way more than S1. Yotaro is just fantastic. And the kid being so charismatic is fantastic and adorable, he learned that straight from his papa. I love how Konatsu is showing her goofy side to Yotaro instead of just being tsundere with him.

And I started giggling when her high pitched voice started cracking up because all I could think about was

ftYJTvq.gif

It's so funny how I thought I heard her voice being familiar this whole time until she starts doing the high pitched and you pinpoint her immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom