• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I'm not sure if anyone's interested in these, but my crunchyroll guest passes keep expiring unused because I don't know anyone who'd want them. So if anyone's interested, quote this post to see the guest pass codes.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It is done.

ANFSy4el.png

230+ tracks completed on hard.

AOTY 2017!

Szadek

Mawaru Penguindrum - Ep. 15
This episode was hard to watch, but ti certinaly explains a lot about Yuri's character and releationship with Momoka.
I was planning to speed up the pace with this show, but I don't think I can take too much of this stuff at a time.

Qurupeke

Descending Stories 6

Slow episode with a long but good Rakugo performance. Seems like the expected secrets are coming on the next episode.

Narag

I could understand if it was some abrupt change some ongoing property but for something that's been dead for nearly a decade, well.

edit: oh I guess there's mobile versions but still.

TheChaos0

Showa Rakugo Ep 4

Big boys are in the big city now. Bon looks all classy now, on the other hand his little friend is rather to spend money on drinks... This episode seems to be setting up some sort of conflict between the two... it's always about the women eh?

Yuri on Ice Ep 3

Katsu don is your Eros YURI!? Whatever floats your boat.

Ushio and Tora 18

Thank god this small arc of Ushio having the girls comb is hair is over. It was done terribly, the execution of most of the scenes were awful. Most of the time I was there asking myself "why aren't you moving you stupid girl?" And "why are you going in one at a time?". I am sure it was so that I should have cared for each girl combing is hair, but thw point is I had absolutely no reason too. You know there is a problem when that episode with the kid who had just lost his mother gave me more emotions then what is supposed to be a big emotional moment. So yea glad it's over. The one positive I did like was that battle at the end with Ushio and Tora teaming up, it looked amazing!

Ushio and Tora 19

This episode on the other hand was absolutely outstanding! The way they showed the slowly coming despair made it terrifying when it happened! Hakumen no mono is absolutely scary and he screams I'm evil! The way he appeared made me go damnnnnn. The panicked looked on Ushio's face really hit home, I felt awful for him and the family.

Hopefully thia stays strong from now! I want more of this!

Monster Hunter Stories Ride On Episode 17

One of the most video gamey feeling episodes however it was pretty fun as everyone finally met up again. The Riddlemaster was the funniest part even managing to make me laugh more than Navirou, and that is a very high honor, lol

Wood Man

Hey guys. Looong time lurker here. I'm talking a few years. I finally got an account and just wanted to introduce myself since I'll be posting in the anime thread the most. You guys helped me find some great anime. So thanks. With that said:

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is probably my favorite show this season.

Syrinx

Fuuka 7

That TV interview scene took me about 10 minutes to get through with all the cringing and cracking up I was doing. She's going on about how the whole thing made things tough for Yuu, and then proceeds to make things about 1000 times worse completely unprovoked and basically made him public enemy #1. Oh, idol culture.

Szadek

Princess Precure - Ep. 19-22
WhileI have some problem with Ep. 19-21 (although they were still pretty good), but 22 made it all worth it.
Cure Scarlet is fucking awesome:
tumblr_nqzsu1aNyo1qz64n4o1_400.gif

She is a serious competition for Cure Twinkle as best girl.

Man Funimation's most popular list of show is so much cooler then CR's popular shows list. Simply because it's a cool mix of old and new. The funimation audience really seem to like Dragon Maid. Will have to try that dub.

Escaflowne Episode 5

Problem with old anime is it always gives a silly reason for the protagonist to just lose, and they make the protagonish lose often, surelyt Van could have won just this one time...though I like the Prince in Distress type of plot, so good to see him need to be rescued I love it.

I need more of the brother drama. Much better than rival pretty boy character loving to fight chasing after Van.

Syrinx

Konosuba S2 5

It's just a matter of how they'll blow the insane amount of money they just made.

Dragon Maid 5

I enjoy this show a lot but struggle to find much to say about it. It's mostly just a nice show to chill to.

Hey would look at that!
Aniplex of America announced on Friday that the Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale anime film will screen in Canada from March 17-19.
Ain't that great n...
Screenings will be available at Cineplex theaters in Calgary, Halifax, Ottawa, Toronto, and Vancouver.
f*ck you Aniplex! I hate you.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen Episode 6:

Yuto certainly has come into his own as a performer given that he could do his Rakugo under such dire pressure.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Season 1 (Subtitled) Episode 60 – Sad Story - Sorrowful Memories
C4WWAn8WAAUMC8I.jpg:small

Well at least black rose dragon is back, but I dont really want more of the Arcadia movement plot as well as the Divine plot :( I hope its just a quick defeat next episode and Divine can go away again.

Joe Molotov

Finished watching Flip Flap. It was good. Didn't most people hate the ending? I thought it was okay, although I guess I can see where some wouldn't like
the Klan being a red herring and the big bad being Cocona's mom.
I didn't dislike it though, and I'm glad it was a happy ending for everyone. ED is still EDOTY.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Finished watching Flip Flap. It was good. Didn't most people hate the ending? I thought it was okay, although I guess I can see where some wouldn't like
the Klan being a red herring and the big bad being Cocona's mom.
I didn't dislike it though, and I'm glad it was a happy ending for everyone. ED is still EDOTY.
Most people did not want to take the show seriously, so I don't really find the generally negative reaction to be surprising. I can't really blame people for not wanting to meet the show halfway either, because the themes it heavily leans in on just feel mangled and almost disconnected from the cast. Flip Flappers bet a lot on its motherhood message but it really doesn't have the emotional or intellectual chops to pay off on that. Even worse, its more wild and creative aspects were sidelined for lots of tired story notes and reflections on a past nobody really cares about. It goes really far out of its way to rationalize some things but leaves more questions than answers. So much of the cast just feels like excess, and when even Papika can get that label the show obviously messed up.

MartyStu

Should I be watching Scum's Wish or are y'all trolling?

Looking to pick up another show since dropping Masamune-kun no Revenge. It started out gross and different, but not its just gross and same-old shit.

Rakugo S2 - 06
Couldn't wait to see this episode after that ending from last week. And man what an episode this was. The amount of emotion put into this show is off the charts.

Should I be watching Scum's Wish or are y'all trolling?
To say that the amount of times the folks on here and I keep praising the show every week comes off to you as trolling? Even after posts from many folks that go on and on about its qualities and the subjects that it touches on? No, the show is great. And it has spawned some great discussion up till now.

MartyStu

Rakugo S2 - 06
Couldn't wait to see this episode after that ending from last week. And man what an episode this was. The amount of emotion put into this show is off the charts.

To say that the amount of times the folks on here and I keep praising the show every week comes off to you as trolling? Even after posts from many folks that go on and on about its qualities and the subjects that it touches on? No, the show is great. And it has spawned some great discussion up till now.

Have not been following the thread much.

Good to know that it is a legitimately good show. The premise seemed sort of dodgy, but it is sounding like it is handled well.

Beyblade Episode 14 (engdub)
C4WiQRoWIAAPWiJ.jpg:small

Woot finally got to see Kai display good sportmanship and actually do something for the team, of course he wouldnt acknowledge it leading to a hilarious Tyson scene.

Kai seems to be warming up ever so slightly each episode, hes doing so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom