• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

So is this a movie or a series ,the linked site says movie , but on myanime its categorised as an OVA series ?

It's the same deal as 2199. They're making 26 episodes. But since it's a "premium" series they are putting it out in theaters first in limited releases of 7 batches. After each batch they sell the BD/DVDs. When the entire thing is wrapping up they will probably get a deal for a TV run.

I'm not even going to watch the loli Hitler show. I find the fact it's actually made fairly disgusting.

It's like monster girls levels of "this is gross"

Yamato 2202 update (because Jexhius reminded me to check the site!)

http://yamato2202.net/

New teaser: https://youtu.be/9HbxR2hJckA

Looks good.
Aaaaaaaaaah

*breaths*

Aaaaaaah

Can't wait for this. My Anime of the forever. Also can't wait for everyone awkwardly not posting when someone comes in and asks how we're watching it.

Get yer 200 blurays. Fresh off the pot.

duckroll

GO GO ANIPLEX! WOW!

https://twitter.com/SwordArtUSA/status/817433601629454336

We regret to announce that the “Yuki Kajiura LIVE featuring Sword Art Online” concert on January 14, 2017 at the Dolby Theatre is cancelled due to visa issues. Ms. Kajiura, the artists, and everyone involved in the show were looking forward to performing for the U.S. fans which makes it particularly difficult and disappointing for us to make this announcement. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by these unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances.

All tickets purchased online or over the phone will be refunded at point of purchase. Fees will be automatically refunded to the credit card used at the time of your purchase. Your refund should be in your account within 10 business days after this announcement.
All ticketholders will receive the collectible event pamphlet and exclusive Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale- pouch. Details on how to claim these items will be announced at a later date on our official homepage.

This is a next level fuck up.

Szadek

Youjo Senki - Ep. 1
It's just like Izetta if it took itself way too fucking serious and had some of the worst, out of place character designs know to man.
Also flying metal ponies.
Dropped.

Line_HTX

How the fuck did Kajiura's visa not get taken care of beforehand? Surely that's the FIRST thing to get out of the way so there won't be a sudden cancellation literally ONE WEEK before the concert is suppoosed to happen!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well done to America's United States for keeping your shores SAO free. Your an example to us all.

gbgxoK7.png

BLue Exorcist s2 Episode 1

Uverworld song was amazing, they can do no bad song (though not as good as the one in Puzzle & Dragons Cross)

The extensive s1 flashback felt unnecessary though I guess for anime only watchers it helped them get caught up. Im just glad all of this was quickly resolved, always hated this part of how they act like they hate Rin for something he had no control over 16 years ago.

Anyway bring on ep2.

phaze

Well done to America's United States for keeping your shores SAO free. Your an example to us all.

gbgxoK7.png

Thanks Trump.

The wind may rise

But my interest didn't

What a snore

Wow, disrespecting Master like that smh. I hereby sentence you to repeated viewings of Totoro.

Kiki's Delivery Service was the one Miyazaki film I actually liked in particular (aside from Porco Rosso).

At this point in time my ranking is something like this: Wind Rises >>>Porco Rosso=Whisper of the Heart >> Princess Mononoke >>>>> Castle of Cagliostro>>>Kiki's Delivery Service >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Totoro

Blue exorcist Impure king arc 1

So yea Blue Exorcist is back and that first episode was great! My boy Rin still looking good. I also remember why I just don't like Yukio as a character, his brother inferiority complex always bugged me.

A-1 just does such a great job with the visuals in this show.

The opening in also excellent both the music and the visuals!

Wanderer5

I can't seem to find the new Blue Exorcist series on CR lol? Like I don't see it with the original series via an additional section nor as a separate thing.

Syv

Neo Member
Youjo Senki - Episode 1

Why is there a talking frog in this show? Seriously the design for the two female characters is atrocious.

The action looked good in places, especially the scene at the end, but the sound design seemed kinda weird.

Also these names are hilariously bad.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fuuka 1

Generic, but not as bad as I thought the previews made it seem like.

Still hopeful for this adaptation because I'm a blind fanboy of the manga.

Narag

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 3

It's a testament to the show's quality that the absence felt like it lasted an eternity, the homecoming was cathartic, and it was all done in under six minutes of runtime.

Don't even get me started on whispers of the heart. I don't need to hear your Engrish Country Road. It made me die inside. Only allowed in USA film

Sing one of your animu hits. I don't see Leonardo dicaprio singing jibun wo

phaze

I didn't even hear the original Country Road (doing it for the first time now) when watching Whispers so I couldn't give a rat's ass really.
tea5qkb6.png

Thoraxes

Fuuka 1

Generic, but not as bad as I thought the previews made it seem like.

Still hopeful for this adaptation because I'm a blind fanboy of the manga.

I dropped the manga because I rooted for the loser, and when that person lost I was like, fuck this shit.

Exalted

Blue exorcist S2 episode 1

Was a more slow start to the show, with not much really happening , mostly setup for the second season with some flashbacks . Has been quite a long time since i watched S1, and i don't really remember the story and the characters the best , but that brother is still as annoying as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom