• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tessa is the best part of that franchise, yes.

She did the Chaika face before it was cool
3717833567_561dc856_c+287929.jpg
FGn7dTL.jpg

Sterok

Kobayashi's Maid Dragon 8

I like Elma. A little more grounded, easy to bully, yet quick to make contributions to society. Best dragon alongside Fafnir. Lucoa continues to suck.

JulianImp

Lucoa is a mess

I agree. So far she's mostly been used for boob jokes and creepy shota teasing alongside Shouta (I see what the writer did there), and most of the conversations she has been involved in so far could've worked just as well if she wasn't there, because as all she does is constantly remind us about how much Tohru has supposedly changed for good after she met Kobayashi and little else.

Then there's Riko, who I don't rally like either because of how her whole character is about falling head-over-heels for Kanna's moe appeal. I already feel like the show's pushing her moe-ness a lot already even when Riko's not involved, but add her in and it just gets ridiculous (cue recycled moe meltdown cut nearly every time such a scene happens).

Gotta hand it to the dragons for somehow being knowledgeable about how a Japanese boxed lunch is supposed to be made (?!), and also to Kobayashi for suggesting bacon and eggs as the main dish for some weird reason (that plus two cherry tomatoes sounds like the weakest and most unbalanced lunch ever).

jonjonaug

Sasuga Kyoani/whoever writes the anime adaptation, then? Weren't all those awful Phantom World fanservice episodes AOs as well?

I'm kind of surprised that the jokes are originals, since those mini-skits totally look like they were pulled straight out of 4komas.

Shouta wasn't introduced until around chapter 27 or so of the manga, Kyoani introduced him earlier and put him and Luccoa into some stuff they weren't in originally (the beach episode, for example) and added more original scenes between the two.

This video came up on youtube. I watched it to see if there was any anime there I didn't recognize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzlvtHTPwtc

It's really obvious when someone makes a top 50 anime openings of all time list like this that they've only been watching anime for 5-10 years at most.

Favorites

Inoue Joe - Closer - Naruto Shippuden...wow nice choice.
Man with a Mission - Raise Your Flag - Gundam IBO...excellent pick
SPYAIR - Imagination - Haikyuu!! perhaps best of the sports picks
Exist - Nano - Btooom!...people remember Btooom! probably not my top choice for nano.
X.U. - Sawano[nzk]:Gemie - Owari no Serafu...should be in the top 10 , not back in 37th!!!
Wimp - BACK-ON ft Lil Fang (from FAKY), GBF miss this op
My Dearest - Supercell - Guilty Crown - this is the best thing ever!!!!!!!!

Miiro from KanColle - Akino with Bless4...of all the songs from Akino with Bless4, you pick this one??? awful choice
a:z - Sawano[nzk]:mizuki - A/Z good choice, my list would be full of sawano:nzk] songs
unravel - TK from Ling Tosite Sigure - (Tokyo Ghoul) best song from TK
Ranbu no Melody - SID - Bleach

Silhouette - kana-boon - Naruto Shippuden...up there for best naruto shippuden OP (though cant forget 7!! song)

paper moon - Tommy Heavenly6 (Soul Eater) ... best classic song.

List was too heavy on the FMA love and Spyair (overrated). Or choosing Hard Knock Days for One Piece, really??? Gundam 00 op's were just random, I honestly didnt remember any of them.

List redeemed with number 1 though
C53-hogWcAIfkQ4.jpg:small

Clov

15 SECONDS INTO HITAGI END AND MY BOY KAIKI IS BACK AW YES

As others have said, welcome to the best arc! My favorite one, at least. Kaiki's such a fun character to follow. I wish we got a whole series starring him, honestly; he's a much better protagonist than Araragi.

I don't think Kaiki would fit as a protagonist. He's like Kumagawa or Hisoka where if you add him to any scene it will become better immediately, but he fits the anti-hero and villain role so perfectly.

He's essentially the protagonist for that arc anyway.

KraytarJ

Kaiki being the protag of Hitagi End is great because he's so distinct from everyone else. No one else mentions how the story told is from their perspective, and is thus not indicative of reality. No one else just straight says they're going to lie to the viewers. Additionally him being the narrator for the one arc is so impactful because he's such an enigmatic character, and so seeing behind the curtains once not only adds to his character by fleshing him out but by only doing it once his perspective, and motivations, in the rest of the series is still kept mysterious while providing some justification.

I guess on the whole having many different MCs is part of what makes the series so great, you get some enigmas explained like Hanekawa and Kaiki but some are left to steep in confusion like Gaen and Ougi. Which really highlights those characters for me.

Beyblade Episode 27
C54EdyOWYAE85Sc.jpg:small

We kind of knew the outcome of the second match due to the previous episode. Sad that that meant Ray would have to end up taking the fall for everyone but well, Driger needs an upgrade

Kai did give Tyson great advice so that was nice.

Cornbread78

Dennou Coil ep.23-END
What a finish.... I couldn't stop watching these final episodes. I usually dislike last minute reveals, but this show did an excellent job of surprising me with the mysteries as everything started to come to light. There were a few holes that went unanswered mainly,
what happened to Sasuke? Attempted murder? What about the Megabaa company,did they get exposed?

Minor things I may have missed, but oh well, this had a pretty amazing ending, so it's all good. Oh and Daichi was a man at the end and that moment with
Haruken x Yasako was pretty cute.

Anyone here want any CR Guest Passes? I have a couple, but I never use them, and since this is an Anime thread, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in them.

DAI-GUARD Episode 26END

Office workers, saving the world.

This was a fantastic anime from start to finish. I wish it was popular and more known because it has such a charming cast that grew over time, and just well great development for both the office workers but also for some of the army folks. Shirota was easily the best there but also Saiki. Akagi and co were great too.

The Heterodymes were also very intriguing in design, favorite was the one that had expanded well under ground and also the final one. Will miss it.

I never watched the anime, but I did read Gantz from beginning to end. It's pretty damn sexist and can be extremely sensationalist, yet has a very gripping quality. Both my Wife and I were hooked, despite its glaring flaws, and read it from beginning to end in like a month. It's got a intense quality that makes it easy to get caught in the flow and want to know what happens next. It at least has that going for it.

Szadek

Gantz is not an anime I would recommand.
The pacing is horrible and it has an anime orginal ending( a pretty bad one to boot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom