• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Id take the plush
C63d0cvVwAA8mON.jpg:large
Interesting choice.

Most people on GAF take the L.

I decided to binge Ping Pong the Animation last night. I enjoyed it pretty well overall. The art direction was distracting at first but I pretty quickly got accustomed to it. I actually dug how the series went out of the way to shift the perspective between the five different focus character. Sports anime typically only ever focus on the protagonist and maybe the rival character so it was cool that the various characters each had their own compelling backstories that more or less would have made them the main characters in any other series.

If I had one complaint, it was that the character motivations didn't always naturally flow from episode to episode. Smile goes from literally saying "fuck it" during the Qualifiers to suddenly being dedicated to his coach's training regime at almost a drop of the hat with little explanation of what caused his change of heart. Same with Wenge suddenly warming up to his teammates. It didn't drag the show down, but I would've liked to see these developments happen on screen as well. I also honestly found Peco to be the "weakest" of the five central characters since his arc felt like it had the least amount of stakes.

blurr

Tamako Market 01

I dropped one KyoAni show to pick another and this one's by Yamada to fill in the void which is the
LACK OF SILENT VOICE SCREENINGS.

Quite a bustling show visually, I wasn't very keen on watching it at one point but I gained interest eventually. Many shows, reading and discussions happened since my first acquaintance with this.

What stood out for me the most is the intro sequence that plays around with the characters, conveys so much about Tamako, her clumsiness and obsession with Mochi, topping it with her neighbourhood the Usagiyama Arcade.

It's unfortunate that this show only covers Mochi, I'd have loved if their parents ran a multi cuisine restaurant but I suppose that can wait for another adaptation.

I am not a fan of the cockatoo/parrot at all but I suppose I can live with it.

Actually just ignore the series, Tamako Market is the most boring thing KyoAni has ever made and I normally love cute girls doing cute things.

DiGiKerot

Contrary to what half the thread will probably say, I still think Tamako Market is worth watching.

There is one specific episode which will give at least elements of the movie more weight, though.

Andrew J.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 02

What at first seems like a pretty typical setup, where we have a rivalry between an uptight, formal character and a brash, uncouth one, has some twists that make it interesting, namely: the POV character is the formal one; the formal guy is much more emotionally open much more quickly than usual; and the uncouth one initially holds a demonstrative advantage in the rivalry.

The show goes to great efforts to contrast Kikuhiko's first performance with the successful ones that have been shown before and after, making his stiff, limited range of vocal and physical expression very apparent.

I recognize that rakugo story from the newest Ace Attorney!

blurr

Contrary to what half the thread will probably say, I still think Tamako Market is worth watching.

There is one specific episode which will give at least elements of the movie more weight, though.

I've had my fair share of disagreements with the community so I'll take your word and keep watching.

Paltheos

FFIV sucks. Play FFV instead. But if you have to play FFIV, play FFIV DS.

Good taste. FF5 is great - I recommend the GBA version to those who can. You lose the Mix shenanigans but the extra dungeon is a super fun addition.

And yeah, FF4DS is obv. the best version. Being able to give abilities of old party members to your team is an awesome addition and lets you do so much more than vanilla ever did.

Cornbread78

mochi is mochi

lol, yup, so true. mochi, mochi and more mochi

I've had my fair share of disagreements with the community so I'll take your word and keep watching.

If nothing else Tamako Market, set-up the events in Tamako Love story and makes the pay-off much sweater that if you just watch the movie since you have a better understanding of the context and disposition of the characters and the primary ship.

While Tamako Love Story isn't great, its was and enjoyable experience and there were some pretty memorable scenes that were really pretty.

HHclv2R.gif

Thud

It's honestly one of the best monster action movies I've seen. Tight simple script, great setting, AAA cinematography. Every scene is in daylight, great framing, no shakey cam, really nice choreography too. I liked the cast, I loved the monsters. Not a single dull moment.

Is it AOTY material tho.

zulux21

So I know waifu means female character you want to take as your wife.

what is the term for a male character you want to take as your husband.

Husbando?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wife: Someone you'll sleep with if you're lucky
Waifu: You will never sleep with them ever

Grexeno

Well I haven't watched anime in like two weeks cause Zelda so I think ima drop Gabriel DropOut and Monster Girls because whatever

K-ON!! 19

It's no Hyouka, but still a fun and lively school festival episode. The color and unique touches such as the "Mammoth Meat" stand make this standout among similar school festival episodes in anime.

jbug617

Banned
CR release a statement about the video issues.
Crunchyroll is always working towards serving the highest possible video quality to our users. To keep up with our growing audience and the many ways people are consuming anime, we've been working on a new infrastructure to better support the viewing experience.

Last weekend, new episodes were released through the new infrastructure to test the system's ability to serve video to large portions of the Crunchyroll audience. The encodes that some users experienced were not up to the standards of our previous system, nor up to the standards we demand from ourselves. While we had identified issues with the encodes, solutions for a broad rollout require us to first move completely to the new infrastructure. Going forward, you will see that we have updated the video experience for simulcasts and new episodes within the new infrastructure. As the transition to this new infrastructure is complete, we will re-encode all of our catalog with this higher quality.

Please know that it will never be Crunchyroll's intention to lessen the viewing experience. In cases like this we're grateful users reached out to us and provided feedback about the issue. We appreciate the patience with our efforts and will continue working to bring an improved viewing experience across Crunchyroll.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtop...=twitter&utm_campaign=news&referrer=community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom