• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bitter that people in my theater for The Great Wall were like Transformers looks dumb but said Kong looked awesome. I cant believe Kong is being praised, and no way can it be better than transformers.

Mushishi Zoku Sho 18

The idea of a person displaced into a space which occupies the same physical plane as our own but a different spiritual plane, so to speak, is not a new one but executed particularly well here. The transformation of a well opening into the moon of the other world was particularly evocative.

TUSR

Banned
CKBkirk.png

HD Version (720p) is up now, 1.25 hours after launch.

TUSR

Banned
Its been a while since I've watched shows this close to their launch time. But I don't ever remember it being this delayed for HD options.

Typically HD was always available at launch time.

Cornbread78

Its been a while since I've watched shows this close to their launch time. But I don't ever remember it being this delayed for HD options.

The best was when Actually, I Am was airing each and it would be posted in Spanish and in sub-HD for the first hour or so each week....

Qurupeke

It happens pretty often. Sometimes it's a slight delay, others it can be a couple of hours. A few weeks ago the latest Gintama was only 480p and Italian for a bit.

blurr

Kemono Friends 10

There were some awkward cuts in between and it felt like it rushed
(to the Ocean)
towards the end but this episode brought out a lot of questions regarding Serval and Kaban-chan. Genuinely curious about how things will unfold.

TUSR

Banned
The best was when Actually, I Am was airing each and it would be posted in Spanish and in sub-HD for the first hour or so each week....

Originally Dragon Maid was uploaded in Arabic for me.

It happens sometimes for shows. At least all versions werent delayed.

I figured today with the staggering of title launches that it wouldn't have been a crazy morning.

It happens pretty often. Sometimes it's a slight delay, others it can be a couple of hours. A few weeks ago the latest Gintama was only 480p and Italian for a bit.

Oh wow. Thats disappointing, that last show I watched near launch time was probably Soma S1 and the servers were struggling to keep up with the demand.

I think the biggest one that gets uploaded to 480p is Dragon Ball Super. Which well...the site can barely handle that show coming up as is, and One Piece comes up about an hour later.

I think the biggest one that gets uploaded to 480p is Dragon Ball Super. Which well...the site can barely handle that show coming up as is, and One Piece comes up about an hour later.

I think that has to be done that way, One Piece page has always mentioned that HD and device support comes hours later due to the "production process". DBS seems to have that same message.

"Please note that HD and device support for One Piece/Dragon Ball Super will be available within a few hours after each simulcast release due to the production process. Thanks for your patience and enjoy the show!"

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Maid Dragon 10
One can only wonder just how many episodes KyoAni has made about people putting on a performance/play at this point. This seemed pretty unremarkable on that front. The Christmas stuff all felt like it landed better at least, although you can tell the creativity is kind of lacking there when there is so much joke overlap with Gabriel Dropout's Christmas themed episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Konosuba Season 2, Episode 10:

One of the things I like is that this team can on occasion actually function as heroes, though I got to admit I am missing something in this hot springs to hot water purification thing.

Wanderer5

Recently came back from a trip, and now to try to catch up on anime heh, starting with Konosuba, which please don't tell me the last episode for this season is today! T_T

convo

Konosuba Season 2, Episode 10:

One of the things I like is that this team can on occasion actually function as heroes, though I got to admit I am missing something in this hot springs to hot water purification thing.

Hot springs have like some healing factor because of minerals and stuff. The taste difference between distiled water and mineral water is pretty huge. So there is indeed a difference between hot water and spring water.

One thing I've noticed when trying to watch Rakugo and Konosuba right away is it basically never works on the Roku. The episode is listed but refuses to retrieve, making me wonder exactly what the deal is. I always have to resort to streaming it on the laptop to the TV again if the wife and I want to watch anything as soon as it goes up.

Fate/Zero 11

I mean, I guess the actual conversation that took place was fine even though Saber and Archer are a wet blanket. Its just the direction and character animation (+ bad character designs, everyones faces look like geometry homework) aren't nearly strong enough to fully sell anything here, let alone the big Lord of the Rings battle.

Cornbread78

Konosuba S2-END
Damn, that little girl and her screams going back and forth between cheering on Aqua and stoning Darkness was hilarious. Wiz was a beast and Aqua finally useful! Also, that
dead Kazuma shifting around in the slime was hilarious, especially when his skull rolled out from inside out past everyone...
It's a shame this show is already done! I really hope they keep adapting the show each year!

Konosuba S2E10:

This season was a very fun ride, and step up from what was already a rather strong first season. The comedic payoff to the various jokes are just top notch. All season long Aqua has been the butt of the joke over how useless she is. She finally gets her time to shine and come off as competent in this finale only for her followers to still chase her out of town because they're all ungrateful bastards.

I did love the fact that the show went for sincere sentimentality in the ending here as well.

I think Konosuba is quickly climbing up into my favorites list.

Qurupeke

Konosuba S2 10

This was the last episode of the season? Damn, at least it ended on a high note. Very exciting finale, Aqua and Wiz were awesome.

S3 when

Konosuba S2E10 - FINAL
Amazing ending to an amazing second season of Konosuba. They adapted everything perfectly and I was let dying in laughter several moments this episode.
Especially every single time they randomly panned to Kazuma's bones in a different position.

The entire season was great, every episode leaving me out of breath. Season 3 when?

Eumi

Wasn't expecting the finale already, but hey, it was a damn good end to the season.

They need to keep making this show.

Joe Molotov

Tell me.
God.
Are
You punishing me?
Is this the price I'm paying for my past mistakes?
This.
Is.
My redemption song.
I need you more than ever right now.
Can you hear me now?

Thank you Yoko Taro, for the AOTY you have delivered to us. o(╥﹏╥)o

Qurupeke

Tell me.
God.
Are
You punishing me?
Is this the price I'm paying for my past mistakes?
This.
Is.
My redemption song.
I need you more than ever right now.
Can you hear me now?

Thank you Yoko Taro, for the AOTY you have delivered to us. o(╥﹏╥)o

OST of the year too.

Clov

Did anyone else just see what Science Saru's twitter just tweeted out? Yuasa is directing some sort of Devilman reboot, releasing on Netflix in 2018. How much work can he possibly take on at once!?

It looks really cool, though the name is a bit silly.

Wanderer5

Konosuba S2 END

Man not only that this show continues to be so strong, but it even tops the first season, and certainly made me laugh more.XD

Sad that this show is done again for now, but that finale was pretty grand. Course things still didn't quite end as well as the group would had hoped for despite their victory, but hey they can relax for now till their next adventure, and I would definitely be up for whatever that would be.

Did anyone else just see what Science Saru's twitter just tweeted out? Yuasa is directing some sort of Devilman reboot, releasing on Netflix in 2018. How much work can he possibly take on at once!?

It looks really cool, though the name is a bit silly.

Specifically the teaser PV is here. Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass, Kabaneri) is writing the script and Kensuke Ushio (Ping Pong, A Silent Voice) is composing the music.

Wow I wish Yuasa would do a Mazinger or Getter Robo thing if so many people are now suddenly willing to watch a franchise they've never seen before because he's directing the newest one.

Quasar

So MAL competitor kitsu has added groups to their service.

Of course I searched for a gaf group and then considered making one because. but I'm wondering if I did would some arty type be willing to make a cool banner for it?

That imagine-nation show on NHK World got a program up about Rakugo S2 now:
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/imagine/20170314/

A look at the production and some interviews and such.

Thanks! I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Mamoru Hatakeyama himself, but I suppose if he's using a pseudonym to begin with he isn't anxious to put himself in the public light. Still, a bit of interesting information about how the voice actors and animators approach the presentation of rakugo in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom