• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for recommendations on guitar band anime. I wasn't interested in Beck when it came out but I'm aware of it. I don't think it's on crunchyroll, hulu or Amazon though.

Just watched all the available episodes of bang dream (too idoly but the instrument focus was enough to keep me watching) and Fuuka (really liking this show) and I want to see more of the same. Please no classical music anime. Just interested in rock focus for now.

I like Angel Beats! :)

From what I hear K-ON may be your best bet. I've heard it's pretty good. I just happen to like Angel Beats a lot and it has a band in the show. So....

Haven't watched anime in weeks. Silent Voice is showing here now and I'm not even excited. Might catch it next week. Maybe. But this week I'm watching Kong, Beauty and the Beast, and Logan. Send help.

I am jealous that is showing near you. NA has gotten nothing in news about it coming here...

Mahou Shoujo Madoka question.

I have been meaning to watch the series forever and am likely going to get around to it soon.

I see that it has two recap movies. the first that covers eps 1-8, the second that covers 9-12.
I know that the first one had to remove some scenes, and the second one adds some scenes.

I am not going to watch both the tv series and the recap movies so my question is..

should I

A. Just watch the TV series and ignore the movies.
B. Just watch the movies and ignore the TV series.
C. Watch episodes 1-8 of the TV series and then watch the second movie?

Watch the TV series.

Puruzi

Banned
Mahou Shoujo Madoka question.

I have been meaning to watch the series forever and am likely going to get around to it soon.

I see that it has two recap movies. the first that covers eps 1-8, the second that covers 9-12.
I know that the first one had to remove some scenes, and the second one adds some scenes.

I am not going to watch both the tv series and the recap movies so my question is..

should I

A. Just watch the TV series and ignore the movies.
B. Just watch the movies and ignore the TV series.
C. Watch episodes 1-8 of the TV series and then watch the second movie?
Watch the series and then watch Rebellion

Chain Chronicle - The Light of Haecceitas - (Movie Version) 3 - 1 - 4
C61ovI7WYAAMiIu.jpg:small
C61uG5kXUAE7kFZ.jpg:small

Perfect conclusion to this story, probably the best thing SEGA has been attached to since Resonance of Fate and Sonic Unleashed. Oh wait and also HEROBANK. In any case the story of Aram taking on the role of leader in Yuri's absence ended up making all of this portion of the series in line with my expectations for game adaptations. The usual antics of comedy mixed with gathering and inspiring allies and then uniting them under the friendship and bonds banner mixed with some awesome epic abilities brought about through sheer willpower and determination made this something I couldnt turn my eyes away from. Aram is perfect. Aram and Velnar conversation was memorable for the deep message in trust and faith, while Aram's awesome friendship speech sold this anime to me even more.
C619EtCXAAAGXFz.jpg:small

nano also offered great music that I will miss.

zulux21

Is FFIV friendly to newbies still?

final fantasy 4 is kind of mean at times, but the psp version does look very nice.

as for ff14 which you meant to ask about it...
eh, seemed easy enough for newbies still, but takes way to long to get to anything that makes it feel special thus in my 10-15 hours of play it just felt like a generic MMO with a final fantasy skin and I quit playing.

FFIV sucks. Play FFV instead. But if you have to play FFIV, play FFIV DS.

I know you can disagree with his anime choices from time to time but you don't need to push him to go blind from looking at those horrid DS models.
he should play the way better looking psp version instead :p

duckroll

I know you can disagree with his anime choices from time to time but you don't need to push him to go blind from looking at those horrid DS models.

If you are shallow and only care about graphics, then maybe there's nothing wrong with playing a game that has crappy mechanics and boring ass gameplay over one which has way better mechanics and amazing boss battles simply because of how the art looks.

Wait, we're talking about Cornbread here. You're probably right. My mistake.

Hamst3r

kk I was planning on watching the third movie regardless, but wasn't sure which was better between the others.

(also thanks the other people that responded as well)

Even if you watch the series, I suggest also watching all three movies. They're good and it's not that much more to watch. The series is short.

If you are shallow and only care about graphics, then maybe there's nothing wrong with playing a game that has crappy mechanics and boring ass gameplay over one which has way better mechanics and amazing boss battles simply because of how the art looks.

Wait, we're talking about Cornbread here. You're probably right. My mistake.

Cornbread cares about graphics?

Cornbread78

FFIV sucks. Play FFV instead. But if you have to play FFIV, play FFIV DS.

final fantasy 4 is kind of mean at times, but the psp version does look very nice.

as for ff14 which you meant to ask about it...
eh, seemed easy enough for newbies still, but takes way to long to get to anything that makes it feel special thus in my 10-15 hours of play it just felt like a generic MMO with a final fantasy skin and I quit playing.

Lololol, fuck my phone and my sausage fingers. I meant FFXIV

And BTW, fuck all y'all. Just sayin'.

So...What happened?

With the Precure special, One page had Yukari and Akira on one side, Kirara and Towa on the other side. Akira got cream on her cheek, so Kirara reaches over to lick it off her cheek. Yukari is caught by surprised, and Towa was clearly bothered by it too.

With MahoGirls, from what I understand, for some reason, Mirai needed to give Riko a potion, and proceeded to deliver it mouth to mouth. I don't have enough details on why she needed the potion though.

Suite Precure 1

Ah two of the more popular pairing.

Man, they fight and fight, and it's clear they're into each other. It's too bad the real reason for them fighting is stupid, even though that's next episode. But holy shit, the intro was long as hell.

Syrinx

With the Precure special, One page had Yukari and Akira on one side, Kirara and Towa on the other side. Akira got cream on her cheek, so Kirara reaches over to lick it off her cheek. Yukari is caught by surprised, and Towa was clearly bothered by it too.

With MahoGirls, from what I understand, for some reason, Mirai needed to give Riko a potion, and proceeded to deliver it mouth to mouth. I don't have enough details on why she needed the potion though.

Suite Precure 1

Ah two of the more popular pairing.

Man, they fight and fight, and it's clear they're into each other. It's too bad the real reason for them fighting is stupid, even though that's next episode.
Maybe she was incapacitated so she needed to get it that way?

Suite Precure 2

I still find it weird that the thing that helped them make up was seeing two kids being under the same circumstances they faced. I mean... it was really circumstantial.

I mean the worst part is that somehow Kanade knew to go to another part of the school. It almost feels like she knew why things happened. A paws of thought, don't you think?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Watched season 1 of Rewrite. I came in with zero expectations, and while I would say it's objectively bad, it was fun. I am actually laughing at the ending quite a bit.

Everyone dies. Not just the main cast, literally everyone on earth dies. That's it, that is the ending to season 1. I just can't stop laughing, its so bad and funny

TUSR

Banned
Only Day 1 releases of new shows on CR have the old bit rate back, and then everything is converted to a lower quality.

So is everything okay now?

As mentioned earlier, the user backlash made Crunchyroll roll back on the instant deployment of the new low bitrate video. However, this is only for new episodes — all older episodes that have been converted over to the new low bitrate format are only available to paid users in said low bitrate format, and any new episodes are converted over just a day after initial release.

Source: https://medium.com/@Daiz/crunchyrol...e-of-paying-customers-c86c6899033b#.ukm3u3gyb

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 47

The Kasumi duel is easily the most hyped one v one fight in the series both in and out of universe. Yozora is a titan, but Mahiru has done a lot to stand on her level, from getting her own magazine section to forming her own posse. Unlike Ako, it really feels like she's done the work to justify getting into S4, but is it enough to top her sister? Poor Asahi, not being able to root for either one.
Yozora blew it away in the model walking segment, but I gotta go for Mahiru in the live performance. Yozora is great, but Mahiru has a much better song. Good on her for breaking out and ensuring this S4 won't live in the shadow of the previous one. And now Yozora is moving to France. Guess we won't be seeing her for awhile. Moving to get closer to Koharu?

I honestly don't know how Song Class will go. Lots of characters in this one, and I could justify any of them winning. Rooting for Lily, though I think she's the most likely to be worfed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom