• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Attack on Titan ep.3
OnvgXln.jpg
Erin was much better this episode as he actually struggled to do what he had to to pass the test. MCs are much better when their bodies work as hard as their mouths, especially when they have no special talents.. Also, beginning of some shipping between the two leads? I'm sure it doesn't go anywhere, but she can't just be on that promise to his mother... They haven't explained who she is just yet..

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even Gahara-lite makes for a better love interest than Fuuka. She constantly ropes the rest of the cast into following along with her whims in a way that makes her quite similar to Haruhi, but at least the latter's boldness helped her character more than Fuuka constantly leaving out the most important things she wants to say or do as things burn down around her instead.

@Corn: Yeah, I can definitely see the stupidity of Koyuki giving up her lifelong crush and muse just because of the one song Fuuka wrote. If anything, I'd actually prefer a mini-arc were she hits a writer's block because of how her feelings have finally been recirpocated, and takes the Nadeko way out by breaking up with him so that she can continue her professional career. As crazy as that'd be, I'd probably like it more than "her love for him is bigger than mine... oh well, gg".

Fuuka just doesn't have the irresistible charm Haruhi or say Luffy has where people just go along with them for no reason. They try to present it that way but it falls flat. Might have worked out better if everyone in the band was a secret Hedgehog fanboy/fangirl besides maybe the guitarist who has a good enough reason to join.

Beyblade Burst Episode 7: The Flash Launch! It’s Crazy Fast! (engdub)
C7FhibYXgAE_8Z0.jpg:small

Nice its on youtube officiallly, bye bye sub. But this is awesome dub, Valt sounds perfect as well as everyonbe, all how I imagined. Wakiya is good and surprisingly had a personality that made me imagine him as joining the bey club.

Andrew J.

My spring watchlist:

Attack on Titan S2
My Hero Academia S2
Uchouten Kazoku S2
Sakura Quest

I may check out an episode or two of Boruto out of curiosity.

JulianImp

Fuuka just doesn't have the irresistible charm Haruhi or say Luffy has where people just go along with them for no reason. They try to present it that way but it falls flat. Might have worked out better if everyone in the band was a secret Hedgehog fanboy/fangirl besides maybe the guitarist who has a good enough reason to join.

Yeah, that's all it would've taken that to make their desire to form a band make (a little) more sense. As it stands right now, a whiny girl bossed them around and got them to form a band for no real reason, and they're really into it for equally vague and nondescript reasons (besides her childhood friend that's totally safe because he's gay).

For example, the purple-haired girl's brother (I think) keeps mentioning that it's the first time she ever felt like she really belonged to a band, and yet nothing she or the rest of the members says or does actually reinforces that belief at all other than her generic kuudere behavior. Couldn't the writers come up with any other way to convey the way she felt like she really belongs to the band other than having a third party constantly bring the subject up?

Then there's Yuu, who had a couple romantic situations with Fuuka, but then again you could chalk all that up to him being a teenager that's still new to romance and all. He's even formed a stable relationship with Koyuki that's actually working fine for the most part, so I don't really get how the anime writers might try to ship him with Fuuka instead. It would be one thing if they had shown us that their relationship was rough due to papparazzis following her around and him receiving ever worse toxic shit through twitter now that he's become her boyfriend, but that doesn't even appear to be the case. The alternative would probably be that Koyuki somehow values that bossy girl she's barely even met more than the relationship she's finally gotten with her lifelong crush, but that makes even less sense... I just can't even come to terms with how in the manga
he would eventually fall in love with another girl named Fuuka when whatever romantic feelings he might've had for her were absolutely no match compared to what he felt for Koyuki... like, wat?

Tiger Mask W 16-17

I see we're in the "wildly goofy side story" section of the show. Episode 16 in particular was utterly bizarre. Props for the most creative hot springs peeping in anime though.

K-On! 1 - 7:
This show tells me I need to practice the bass more cause gawd damn that OP is IMPOSSIBLE.
Also Mugi is best girl holy shit.

Re:Zero - All:

I actually quit this show on the first episode like, 2 minutes before
THE WHOLE POINT OF THE SHOW IS REVEALED
Really glad I gave it another chance. The concept goes exactly where I wanted it to go, and most of the characters have decent personalities. (Emilia is literally garbage.)
I get the complaints about Subaru, but goddamn the guy works with what he has and makes it happen. It's a nice play on the "coming to another world" concept and I hope there's a second season soon.

JCG

How much of those movies will be re-used footage though? Or do we know if they'll be fully reanimated?

Seems like starting to make "compilation movies with new elements" is going to be all the rage this year.

Aki-at

You've proven to me you have good, no, GREAT tastes!

Konosuba S2 - 10

Poor Kazuma, get tricked by standard game tropes. That was a surprisingly legit final battle, had me more pumped then I thought I would be. Everyone was amazing, cowardly Kazuma, angry Aqua, angry Wiz, humilated Darkness, just excellent all round.

Can't believe this season is already over but one of my favourite anime viewings in recent memory. To think there would be such a massive improvement over last year is pretty amazing, hope we get a season 3 one day.

duckroll

i never asked for this.

You might have asked for this: TVシリーズで何度か言及されながらも詳細は描かれなかった「ファースト・サマー・オブ・ラブ」がついに映像化される。

How much of those movies will be re-used footage though? Or do we know if they'll be fully reanimated?

Seems like starting to make "compilation movies with new elements" is going to be all the rage this year.

It's literally Rebuild. この劇場版3部作ではすべてのセリフを再構築し、新作映像と再撮影された新たな映像で構成。

I wonder if they would do the original unbroadcasted ending.

That wouldn't count as 誰も知らない新たな結末へと向かって物語が進んでいく。

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom